[SPOILERS not hidden in SPOILERS] 2.55 Before the Fall Part 2

Kage

:| Oh, that one. Somewhere I'd gotten the impression that we were going to get the full version after the conclusion of 2.55.

As part of the next Live letter, yes--that's likely going to be the trailer playing at a theater in Japan.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different strokes for different folks. Some people are fine with spoilers, others aren't - it's a matter of etiquette and common courtesy at the end of the day.

Yeah, the problem being that I am expected to always, without question, defer to the spoiler-phobic people (who don't even have anything resembling evidence to support their position, I should add).

I don't appreciate that. Not one bit.

I keep forgetting to ask this, but everyone is bringing up Hydaelyn contacting Minfillia without mentioning the fact that the last we saw of Hydaelyn she had seemingly been corrupted or something?

Unless everyone is choosing to believe that somehow references her blessing being later locked away by Midgardsormr or anything along those lines then is no-one else suspicious?

Hydaelyn wasn't corrupted..?

She's been weak and unheard from. Minfilia and the WoL haven't heard from her and so honestly whatever blessings she had for you probably weren't going to hold much longer. Which is my understanding of why/what you get from Midgardsomr as he wants to see what -you- do along with what you get from him.

I keep forgetting to ask this, but everyone is bringing up Hydaelyn contacting Minfillia without mentioning the fact that the last we saw of Hydaelyn she had seemingly been corrupted or something?

Unless everyone is choosing to believe that somehow references her blessing being later locked away by Midgardsormr or anything along those lines then is no-one else suspicious?

... Hydaelyn was corrupted? I don't quite remember that, but my memory on the MSQ story is tenuous at best. I do know that the WoL had her protection stripped from him, along with - I would assume - her ability to speak directly to her.

Which makes that moment a bit interesting, I think. Usually Hydaelyn has used the WoL to affect the world. Now that Middy's taken over her spot, she's switched over to Minfilia. If Middy hadn't stripped the WoL of that connection, I wonder if he would've been privy to what had been said.

Presumably, the corrupted crystal we saw at the end of 2.0 was the Ascians' god (I guess?)

Also, I always assumed that the blessing of Hydaelyn was removed from your character, not from the rest of the Scions.

Of course, I can be absolutely, shriekingly wrong here.

I don't think I ever fully understood -what- the blessing of hydaelyn was but Minfilia has always been able to hear/speak from the mother crystal until recently. Weak, etc.

But the purple crystal isn't Hydaelyn.

I don't think I ever fully understood -what- the blessing of hydaelyn was but Minfilia has always been able to hear/speak from the mother crystal until recently. Weak, etc.

Have we seen instances of Hydaelyn talking to her before 2.55, though? Again, maybe it's my MSQ memory being hazy, but I know her mentioning having the Echo... but not seeing any time where the Mother Crystal actually talks to her.

Have we seen instances of Hydaelyn talking to her before 2.55, though? Again, maybe it's my MSQ memory being hazy, but I know her mentioning having the Echo... but not seeing any time where the Mother Crystal actually talks to her.

No, she blatantly asks you if "Mother Crystal" had spoken to you recently, to which you shake your head and she appears concerned.

:| Oh, that one. Somewhere I'd gotten the impression that we were going to get the full version after the conclusion of 2.55.

As part of the next Live letter, yes--that's likely going to be the trailer playing at a theater in Japan.

We're getting the Full CGI heavensward trailer on April 11th by the way.

What I inferred from the main story is that Minfilia has not heard from Hydaelyn recently and so she had last turned to you, the WoL, asking if you had heard from her. Which is a nope.

All the people hating on Merlwyb for leaving Robby One Arm (dammnit berrod....) to his fate, I refer you back to the earlier speech she made. Limsa. Alliance. Anyone else.

What do you think would have happened if she had ordered her man to intervene, or intervened herself? What is currently an isolated interal affair for Ul'dah would suddenly become an international issue, whereby either she would be arrested for breaking the laws of Ul'dah, or a war may start between Limsa and Ul'dah in the aftermath.

She is saving Limsa from possible repurcussions and limiting any that might be too late to stop.

or at least thats my take on it.

All of the city-states are self-serving really. They (Telediji) made it blatantly clear that the good relations between the Scions and Ishgard bode ill for Eorzea and I'm pretty sure that neither Kan-e-sanna or Merlwyb wanted to be dragged into what is most importantly, a domestic issue. Until it really becomes an issue that drags Limsa or Gridania in, they won't act for fear of being seen as trying to influence Ul'dahn politics (aiding a rebellion etc)

The only problem I have with Merlwyb's little speech is that it suddenly stops applying whenever Limsa is under threat.

To be fair that echoes the real world fairly well. I quite like it - it shows that the leaders are pretty selfish and that despite all the Scions had done to safe not only the city states but Eorzea as a whole they were essentially left to die.

The only problem I have with Merlwyb's little speech is that it suddenly stops applying whenever Limsa is under threat.

I don't see where it doesn't apply?

Merlwyb never asks for help from any of her alliance nations. She asks for their cooperation on Allied issues, but never asks them to have a hand in helping any of their own problems. (with the exception of Ul'dah rebuilding everyone's aetherytes post-calamity) And Limsa's got plenty. War with the kobolds is still on-going (her own fault really) and has been going for nearly 10-15 years. War with the Sahagins. Unification of the pirates. Privateer/Maelstrom blockading Eorzea and in a constant struggle with Garlemald for naval superiority. Limsa's got a lot on its plate. And honestly... what's a navy gonna do in a fight against dragons? It doesn't make sense for them to join. Ul'dah on the other hand... has a 600 year history of its military being 100% mercenary. Doing mercenary ground work for Ishgard makes sense for them.

What she does do, is ask specifically for the Warrior of Light's help on Limsa-only issues. So the "Limsa first, Alliance second, others last" still completely applies. If Limsa's in danger, she puts Limsa first and puts the best man/woman on the job if she doesn't believe her own military can handle it. AKA WoL. That's her leadership prerogative. She doesn't ask Kan-E or Raubahn to follow said prerogative as well.

Merlwyb also looks clearly upset when she's leaving. I think my sound was off or I was reading to fast to hear the voice acting (Q.Q) but it is not as if she is collected.

She is acting as a leader of her people first and foremost. All else is second. Even though she would -really- want to help her friend and ally, she can't just bust herself into Ul'dahn affairs. It would put her leadership into question someway somehow.

I screamed. And cried.

Now then, as for Nanamo's demise...think it should be case by case. Since there's undoubtedly some who might let it slip since no one is perfect. If nothing else it could just be treated as a heavy rumor that she died.

I cried.. too..

Have more tears. I didn't notice until now.

lS02ayx.jpg

I mean I knew the Goblet was totally in reference to shit happening in Ul'dah and all the markers pointed to something happening to Nanamo. Some of us even thought the CUL quests would save her from such a fate. But if all events for job/class quests happen in 2.0 to/maybe even thru 2.1 then... well it makes sense. OH GOD NANAMO T___T

My problem is that I view Raubahn as the nation's second in command given that he is the military leader and the one only present alongside Nanamo when dealing with the alliance and foreign affairs. Even if you ignore the obvious corruption and conspiracy going on under the view that "we can't prove that at this very moment", their ally, whom is arguably at least the temporary replacement as state leader, has been severely wounded and is threatened with arrest by at least one of two groups....

Either the Brass Blades whom are supposedly employed in SERVICE of Ul'dah, and therefore under the supreme command of Raubahn if anyone at all.

Or the Crystal Braves whom, despite having presumably agreed to certain privileges upon their authority to act and have a presence within the three nations, are currently in absence of their commander, Alphinaud, and have no right to act upon taking such a serious and influential figure into custody without his approval.

With a mutiny having overtaken the Crystal Braves, any influence and contracts which they may have previously signed would surely have been rendered null and void. As such, they could quickly be deemed as enemies of all three states for their actions... and they certainly could not possibly have enough strength to pose any real threat to any of them.

This is all based on my views of the matter of course, but I can't think of anything that invalidates the matter.