What kind of drunk is your character?

I had to ask myself the question today, and I am still trying to figure it out. Lucaell is usually very slow and serene, so I think it would be fun to see her being awfully loud and being physically intrusive/touchy feely. She's not flirty by nature, I can not really picture her being charming when drunk, but probably awkwardly straightforward if physical attraction is involved. Probably punches people.

Eventually, when half the people in the tavern are gone and the morning comes, she probably would just become a sad drunk. Drinking with people = fun. Drinking with nobody = crying.

What about you guys?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, Manasas has built up such a tolerance to alcohol he'd probably have to brink for 3 days straight before getting drunk.

When, and if, he did get drunk, he'd be a happy drunk, jousting around, cracking rude jokes and belching loud enough for the whole tavern to hear. He'd eventual get thrown out and while doing so, would be talking about how he is going to come back and destroy the place. More than likely he'd wake up in a pile of hay the next morning.

Leanne has quite a metabolism, being able to drink a lot of alcohol without getting drunk x3

Sometimes though she -does- manage to hit her threshold, and when that happens she turns in a happy yet violent drunk. Her more pacifist approach to things becomes "Leave me be or you're going to the hospital."

...So yes! Leanne is better not getting drunk.

Nailah is a functional drunk, meaning that she's at her best after a glass of wine. She turns very grumpy and moody when she can't have alcohol, and actively tries to maintain tipsiness. It can be fun to play her sober, but man do I feel sorry for some of the people that stand in her way on those days. Alcoholism is one of her bigger flaws as a whole, it's been fun to explore whilst it can lead to things going very wrong, it also has some upsides. 

She rarely drinks herself to the point of being hammered, but when she does she becomes a lot more open and welcoming of things she would never tolerate otherwise, such as displays of affection (Cuddling, kissing etc), tends to tell more things about herself and her experiences and her general outwards-going tendencies gets reinforced, so if she had second doubts about walking up and saying hi to someone, she definitely wont have them now ^^ In short, the professional distance she tends to keep to people as a part of her job as a leader of her company, gets tossed in the bin and she reverts to being more her true self.

Violent with low impulse control.

What would normally be annoyance as a response would get escalated to a punch in the throat or bringing up something lethally embarrassing.  Depending on company it'll be social violence and grumpyness or physical violence and general enjoyment of that.

That's drunk though. Tipsy he's just much much more socially loose compared to sober.

Tiergan is the silly drunk too and starts craving things like chicken and waffles. Unfortunately, he usually only gets drunk when he's REALLY upset or distressed about something. :V

Edgar has never gotten legally drunk, mostly because his physiology rejects hard alcohol. He might be allergic.

Koporo, on the other hand, is the bastard who drinks bizarrely named, incredibly alcoholic drinks and somehow does not die.

Nathan drunk is not always distinguishable from Nathan when he is sober but deep into his usual spiel. As the booze builds, he'll continue to spout out quips, quotes and the usual banter, until one of two things happens: he'll get drunk enough to have impaired vision and consciousness, or it'll all hit at once, and evacuate.

Mikh'a isn't allowed to get drunk. He cuddles and opens up about all his secrets, then later regrets it.

For the record, he gets cookies instead. No animal abuse going on here. Move along.

Khai drinks to forget who he is and what he's done; he also drinks because, buby this point, he's bordering on a physiological need. It's not -quite- to that point, but it's getting there.

He's a very jovial drunk, though. Too friendly, too loud, and too open about his views of women... also, too cocky. If he's drunk, he won't turn down a bet.

Jajara is a bit of a silly drunk. She loses some of her inhibitions, but she's usually knocked out cold before things can get too out of hand. She does not drink very often at all.

Delial gets chatty. She won't shut up. Sometimes it's the good sort of chatty, where she's .... actually pretty friendly and likes to joke around or tell silly stories. Other times it's the bad sort of chatty where she has nothing on her mind but how much she utterly loathes everybody around her, and that includes whoever it is that's buying her drinks. How dare you.

*reads over* hmm...clearly i'm not getting some of you drunk enough at my games to see these antics....means i need to up the potency on the next one.....lookin at you specifically, bri >D

now clio has gotten pretty wasted tipsy in public a couple times to the point of falling over into a giggling heap. she gets really touchy-feeley and lots of over the top laughing/giggling. also tends to get more vocal about her private life and if someone starts speaking another language she knows; she still manages to have the ability to speak back but the accent's usually a bit off due to her not concentrating as fully.

Berrod is a roaring, jovial and daring drunk. He accepts the stupidest challenges while inebriated and makes as much noise as possible. He's also a puker when he has way too much.

Yeah, don't let his burly frame fool you: Berrod's a lightweight. Doendraga saw it first-hand :P

Kal is pretty much like her usual self, just louder and more likely to be physical with people, and possibly more likely to start a fight... whether for the fun of it or because someone said something she didn't like and her temperament suddenly shifted and it's like a bomb going off with pretty much no warning.

Dheina is more bold when buzzed, but drunk she'd be miserable and upset over having trouble walking or physically functioning and even cry over it. She doesn't get drunk though often unless given something that's had the alcohol taste masked so she can't really tell what she's drinking. Overall she doesn't like alcohol

Sam is one of those people that will probably depend on their mood when they start or be kind of temperamental (and really it depends on the company or conversation subjects), but don't really get drunk and tend to stop after being buzzed, which then they're sitting at that comfortable happy feeling and willing to chat with random people and feel kind of peaceful stage of drinking, but still have a lot of control over themselves and motorskills and even for walking be pretty much fine, but may be slow to react to other people and things. ("I can walk, but yup, vision is definitely impaired and a bit weird when I move around quickly. That's enough for me")