Your Character's OP and ED themes

Parth Makeo

So people were linking character themes, then the theme of their characters and plenty of others...I figured why not go all the 10 yards and share with us what OP and ED themes your character have before you log on/RP or after you RP and log off? So let me get this started...

All three characters sort of share the same storyline so i will condense it all into Arala's story. And judging from how the themes change it's clear that something is 'wrong' in a way

OP 1 First Season (Pre Varthamith Arc)

u7zKoN5jwoQ

ED 1 First Season (Pre-Varthamith Arc after founding the New Conglomerate)

uUlzmOjr0Dc

OP 2 Varthamith Arc Season 1 (Fighting Against the 4 minions)

WSEEnhVfPAA

ED 2 Varthamith Arc Season 1 (until Just after finding 'Quint' aka Doll 401)

Yj0RAnERHOA

OP 3 Varthamith Arc Season 2 (current)

9EOvfX78czQ

ED 3 Varthamith Arc Season 2 (Current)

LbZXvmXvNQQ

Now let me see what you all got?

I saw this thread sitting for a bit, but I never had really any songs that fit this sort of format. Mostly because I'm just bad with identifying fitting music and just out of the musical loop altogether. However, I think I might have something for Chachan.

Now, most of the OP and ED themes for the types of show I think Chachan would be in tend to open up with something perky and energetic, and then either end with something chill and thought-provoking or just a calmer groove. I probably failed on both fronts, but this is what I came up with for the little guy.

Chachan's OP Theme: Atpunk Game Grumps Remix - Rocket in the Sky

pzp6JXaZCzY

Chachan's ED Theme: Stan Bush - Dare

UKjNVVmLCGQ

Special thanks to Dogberry for pointing out the song as very "Chachan-esque" in another thread a few months back.

Like a lot of anime, the OP and ED will change as the story progresses and my character changes, but for now, I've got these.

Main OP

(English translation of lyrics are in the video's description on YouTube)

Se-2l5A2wu4

And in the tradition of my favorite Super Sentai series Dekaranger, there is the "main" ED and an occasional "special" ED (like the ending of the episodes that focused on Jasmine and Umeko).

ED #1

1M58d6niTNQ

ED #2

85ViWb3aaag

Seems they are all anime/jpop/kpop. Hope english/icelandic are ok. Ok then....

[align=center]--------------

Openings

--------------[/align]

[align=center]OP - Season 1 (The Fall of Ala Mhigo, his early days in Ul'dah)

[video=youtube]

[/align]

In my own personal head canon its sung in Ala Mhigan, so forgive the nordic tones and the head canon. Its a song that speaks to the loneliness of a boy who loses everything one by one. The character's youth was signified by his very soft heart and body, this song shows how both hardened.

[align=center]OP - Season 2 (From his being recruited to Ul'dah's Mercenary Armies to the Calamity)

[video=youtube]

[/align]

His wild youth as a young soldier and his adaptation to the desert and all it has to offer. The song is intentionally more upbeat and has the perfect cultural flair. As far as his time alone, this was easily his happiest time. He had money in his pocket, food in his belly, good friends, and adventure with no strings attached.

[align=center]OP - Season 3 (The Calamity and the formation of the Red Wings thru to Goffard's defeat)

[video=youtube]

[/align]

The part of the story where he found the burden of responsibility. His youth behind him and his traumas buried, this is the cold Erik most know now. There is a flair of battle to this one, to reflect the battles fought.

[align=center]OP - Season 4 (The "current theme")

[video=youtube]

[/align]

Where we are currently, most of his traumas worked through, his children with him, his family restored, and a sense of stability over him, his personal life, and his professional life. This theme acknowledges his rebirth of spirit and looks to the future.

[align=center]--------------

Endings

--------------[/align]

[align=center]ED - Season 1

[video=youtube]

[/align]

Continues the "lonely" theme well before things look up for the poor guy.

[align=center]ED - Season 2

[video=youtube]

[/align]

Follows the upbeat and arabic themes and foreshadows what's to come.

[align=center]

ED - Season 3

[video=youtube]

[/align]

Intentionally non-epic in nature to counter the stirring march of the opening. The song speaks of fate and changing forces in one's life. There is again an intentional foreshadowing to future rp and story.

[align=center]ED - Season 4

[video=youtube]

[/align]

The soft nature of the opening fills you with images of Erik's life coming together with a nice and easy happy ending. The ending reminds you he is not a lawful/good paladin or knight in shining armor. He is a soldier, and as a former combatant myself I can tell you its dirty. And no matter how close you get to death, if you and your team defeat your target and get out alive, you can feel like an "indestructible master of war". Not so much saying he godmodes in battle, more that he feels that way in battle, at his most comfortable. (Note, he is totally mortal and could die.)

OP: Flyers by BRADIO

Fairly nonsensical opening with lots of scenes of him and other characters at the Gold Saucer, Ul'dah, Limsa Lominsa. Dungeon combat scenes, scantily clad men, etc. etc.!

9wh8FgsEtNQ

ED: Black Sheep by the Pillows

Slow scenes or still images relating to Gridania and the Shroud, possibly monochromatic green or black and white. Possibly scenes of him as a child.

y5apctD-cG4

Seems they are all anime/jpop/kpop. Hope english/icelandic are ok. Ok then....

To be honest, I almost went with some other songs myself, I just used what I felt fit best at the moment.  I have a couple of metal, techno and rock songs in mind for down the line.  

For instance, if/when he remembers his past before he was adopted (which was a LONG time ago, so he only knows this life right now), his OP will be this song for a while.

gQ2vUn9_ib0

For Dogberry!

Season 1 Opening

[video=youtube]

Always this. I've posted this more times than I can count.

Season 1 Ending

[video=youtube]

THIS WOULD BE A DEPRESSING SHOW OK

Season 2 Opening

[video=youtube]

Season 2 Ending

[video=youtube]

Not as depressing. A more driven Dogberry ready to go all Big Boss on some people.

For Iskierka

Opening

[video=youtube]

Ending

[video=youtube]

[align=center]*rolls onto the thread*[/align]

[align=center]*tosses videos onto it*[/align]

[align=center]*rolls away in the opposite direction*[/align]

[align=center]:moogle:[/align]

[align=center]Olive's Opening Theme

[/align]

[align=center]

BYGeGI1Ihlc [/align]

[align=center]Olive's Battle Theme[/align]

[align=center]xXvJuVcI5mU [/align]

[align=center]Olive's Ending Theme[/align]

[align=center]1yUYvyAY954 [/align]

Season 1 OP Leaving Ishgard, Scales in the Sand Story Arc, including the Steps of Faith:

UEpcS1r9-m4

Season 1 ED

4YSCBvsmpMM

Season 2 OP Crimes Against Nature, Heavensward Arc:

OtQQHHtAhRk

Season 2 ED:

H0L9NS2LFAw

Season 3 OP My Brother's Keeper.

9uw1G4hC3Us

Season 3 ED

1m1QNL0GYms

**Edited to better reflect my thoughts, swapped season 2 op with season 3

More anime-trash here. I already have a thing for giving my own characters theme songs. These are the ones for Sahi:

[align=center]OP Part 1

MpAn09ZQdmE

ED Part 1

lUOm6-DzPBc

Both follow Sahi's journey towards Mor Dhona in search of his brothers and his interactions with the beast tribes of Eorzea.

[/align]