Who have you met from video games?

I'm fortunate enough to be spending my weekend with my fiance and someone very close to me that I originally met through here on FF14! I also have met other members of the community here IRL as well :D Who have you met IRL that you first met over an MMO or other videogame?

I've met Warren offline! We actually used to meet regularly for hibachi to de-stress from the work week. Met Reiner when he joined us once for it before he moved. There had been plans for a few more of the DMV area folks meeting up there too, but it never panned out.

Still, with Fanfest looming, we might have a bunch more online friends meeting up for the first time.

I met my boyfriend, we started playing together when Rift launched back in the day. It took us around about two years to fess up that there was feelings, and then actually get to meet up. Lots of insecurities about it because we're in two different countries. We've been together for three years now :) 

Beyond that, I helped organize two guild-meet up's for my Rift guild, which was really awesome. Made some lasting friends who I still visit when I can :D 

And then I've met a couple of people from final as well, most recently in May where I was in London for a weekend. One of the best weekends I've had for a long time. I don't have a strong social network irl where I live. So it's a very lovely experience to get to hang around irl with people who I can actually talk nerdy stuff with and not be met with blank or confused expressions.

Welp...

Met a RP friend and non-RP friend from FFXI (and later WoW) who live in California. Twice.

Met people at the first ever FanFest in California. We never gamed together but it was still a great weekend.

Met a RP friend from FFXI who lives near Boston.

Lived with three RP friends and two acquaintances I met in FFXI in Oregon.

Lived with a RP friend from WoW who lives in California.

Lived near a RP friend from WoW who lives outside DC.

Met a RP friend (tumblr RP) who lives in Detroit.

I think it's time to go overseas...

../ Too many people

The first time I met people in masses was when I just turned 16, or was about to. We had a massive meetup in Utrecht!

Then the second time was at my house a year later. My old guild (all Dutch/Belgium) joked that we should come crash my birthday. Few weeks later, they actually did it! Was a happy mix with rl friends and nerdy online friends.

Then uuuh. I guess the next meet up was in Scotland. Had a blast partying there. Scots are awesome folk imo.

Between that I've been to various places in Europe to meet friends up. Few months ago I was in London to say goodbye to a 8 year old friend before he moves to SF at the end of the month. But on the flipside, I might visit him there eventually :D!

And the next huge meetup will be with Fanfest in Germany, what will be a mix of so many various people all from over the EU! :)

I've met a few people from my FC (Gwenneth, Hyrtwyda, Brave), my previous FC leader (Brynhilde), two friends who I hadn't known lived in Boston as well (Rosaire and Perrine), and another friend from Jersey (Siobhan, currently, though she's changed characters a lot).

Also heading to Fanfest this year with the FC mates that I've met and a few that I haven't (Eliane, Aramis, potentially Martiallais if he can make it), and hoping to bump into some Tumblr acquaintances/RPC folks.

I met two people from my FC. We met in Vegas but not for fanfest, I went there for my birthday! It was a lot of fun, we spent a week there. I've known them since.. 2005? 2006? We've played all kinds of MMOs together but I only recently met them, it was really awesome to finally see them in real life as we've always mailed one another christmas packages and stuff like that.

I met Nahare irl. Was a pretty fun meet up and I enjoyed it. She's so tiny it's cute lol.

I'll never let her forget about that donut I was afraid to buy though. That's one she'll never not get blamed for.

Met most other online friends because we used to troll people in CoD and wound up adding each other which led to troll parties which led to irl meet ups and now those guys are like my best friends and funny as Fuck.

I've met Sebastian Taylor who lives like ten minutes from the townhouse I moved into a few months ago, and I met the lovely JudicialHunter and GhostlyMaiden at Animazement (they're both so pretty!). Sadly I can't make it to Fanfest this year, but I may put my funds toward Dragoncon instead and maybe meet some people there.

I met my ex-GF over a little video game called Spore. Maxis hosted a "dance contest" on youtube, and her entry made it into the top 3, only to lose to a low-budget Happy Feet knockoff. 

She introduced me to emulation, Touhou, and MLPFIM, as well as several animes that I thoroughly enjoyed. It was nice while it lasted, I guess.

I met my S.O. through a roleplay realm in yahoo chat; I had been playing a World of Darkness garou (werewolf) and he was playing a Dark Magician character from Yu-gi-Oh. Lmao... It was a much different time; such were the ways of the "Golden Age" of yahoo roleplay.

We've been together since January 2003.

I met my husband, Az, as well as a friend, Nathan Telluride, when we all played TOR. I've also met Kiaera, the woman who plays my char's twin, and her husband while they were on a trip to FL. We had such a blast, we're hoping to be able to do it again now that we live closer to them.

Soooo many folks, though mostly from City of Heroes largely because my supergroup (guild) has a yearly meet up that we've done three times now. A few of us also live in around the same-ish area of/around NC so we sometimes get together for comic movies and other events. I've also met a number of my old WoW guildies.

From the FF community I've met both Trisselle Ganathain (some years ago) and more recently Solenne Lagarde (who I'll be seeing again when Suicide Squad comes out in a couple weeks). :D And as RC said, if FanFest pans out I'll be making a point of seeing a LOT of Balmung folks I've not met too.

I met my ex-husband through FFXI, which, eh. Mixed blessing there. As Martiallais mention, I've gotten to meet him, and we're going to meet up again to see Suicide Squad together. And in November I'm flying to New York to meet two (maybe 3!) of my FC friends, so I'm really looking forward to that. No FanFest for me this year, but maybe next year? There are so many Balmung peeps I want to meet.

From the FF community I've met both Trisselle Ganathain (some years ago) and more recently Solenne Lagarde (who I'll be seeing again when Suicide Squad comes out in a couple weeks). :D

Whaaaat, really? Iirc I live near-ish Solenne.

From the FF community I've met both Trisselle Ganathain (some years ago) and more recently Solenne Lagarde (who I'll be seeing again when Suicide Squad comes out in a couple weeks). :D

Yeeeep! Aside from Solenne, I've another online friend (from back in my GW2 days) who lives in the same area and one of my best friends lives in Raleigh. So I'm up that way at least once every few months, sometimes more depending.

Yeeeep! Aside from Solenne, I've another online friend (from back in my GW2 days) who lives in the same area and one of my best friends lives in Raleigh. So I'm up that way at least once every few months, sometimes more depending.

Oh nice, I'm in Durham :D

I'm slowly but surely getting used to at least GPS'ing around there haha. :D I'm not sure what your schedule's like but we could totally hang out sometime if you want.

I'm slowly but surely getting used to at least GPS'ing around there haha. :D I'm not sure what your schedule's like but we could totally hang out sometime if you want.

It's okay, I rely 100% on my GPS. I'd be totally lost without it. I've got family coming in soon so I'll be mostly busy for the rest of the month, but after that I'm free pretty much whenever.