Too much woman to handle?

I would like to say something seriously to this as someone who has taken the love of a highlander. Before Clio joined the game Erik was.... on the market as I am a big boy and can separate games from real life so I could "act" in love without being in love. Clio understood and trusted this so it was what it was.

What came from that was Erik was never with anyone...... not based on race but play style. From beta to about year one, there were very few "strong women", which are the type Erik would be drawn too. I don't think the number of Roes and Highlanders was so much about look as it was that early on there were MANY female characters who were of the timid nature. You know the, "U-um... excuse me Ser... I am... um... could I trouble you...." girls. This sort of character leans itself to the smaller frames I think, as a timid Roe or highlander does not feel right. I think now we are seeing more of those races post say, 2.3, because the newer crop from that time seemed more willing to play the "strong woman lead" as apposed to the "lost princess". Due to that I never found someone right for Erik. By 2.3 Clio had jumped in and our off screen chemistry made us a good match in game. Add to that her tough image that is still feminine, something far more common now then it was, just works for me ic and ooc.

What can I say, confidence/power/strength is sexy.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's natural for them to look at the demographics, but the way I see it is that people are going to play Au Ra just for being a new race anyway...mostly.

So long as they don't remove Roegadyn from the game because it doesn't seem like many people play them, then all is well for me.

Also Roegirls>Catgirls

Also Roegirls>Catgirls

Why not both? :cry:

I'm not going to lie, I'm terribly disappointed that the Au Ra aren't coming with a variation that's more along the lines of the Roegydan and Highlander females. While most of my mains are of the squishy variety, I love me some Roeladies and Highladies and even have two on stand by should I ever find an appropriate personality for either of them. Frankly if it weren't for the fact that Cylin's smaller frame is most suited for her current profession I'd be tempted to change her into a Highlander should I find myself disappointed with the Au Ra pickings come benchmark.

I don't really have a problem with Highlander ladies, but I don't find Roegadyn attractive at all. It has nothing to do with them being masculine females or anything per se, they just don't fit my personal preferences of what I find physically attractive... and in my opinion most of that is in the face department. There are also pretty race cases where I find Elezen women attractive either though, I think there may only be like 1-2 faces that I like on them and even then it depends on the hairstyle I think.

Actually now that I think about it, I'm just really picky...

Huh, the responses on this thread made me doubt my initial presumptions.

Come on, somebody...invoke the wrath of tumblr...tell us how insecure you feel by Hotlanders and Roegadames...let us see your masculinity threatened by them.

Anyone?

Highlander and Roegadyn ladies make my masculinity feel many things but threatened is not one of them. 

/sweats

Eorzea needs more roegafine ladies and babelanders. Steel Wolf and Cliodhna must be getting bored at the top of their respective clans.

I unwittingly fired some shots didn't I?

Indeed, it's cold and lonely at the top of the mountain.

Personally, the fact that I didn't see a lot of FemRoes is what drew me to the race, along with their history. It's kinda special snowflake-y without really intending, and Steel's confidence in herself whilst also bemoaning the fact that she's built like a sequoia is kind of part of the charm in writing and roleplaying her.

I guess what I'm sayin' is FemRoe is best fem.

I find that all races have attractive features if done right. I've seen ugly Miqo'te women, pretty ones, same for the other races. It all depends on the combination of features. Most of it for me is the personality. If the person plays it right, even the least attractive person can come across as good looking. :)

Femroes and Highlander women? Most are damn gorgeous.

Keep in mind the RP community isn't the actual community.

While most of us go ga-ga over the tall dames, the main playerbase is almost all Midlander/Miqo'te with some Lala's thrown in the mix.

It kinda sucks because I personally do not like a split that is THAT pronounced made solely because players be thirsty fucks, but w/e.

I love my Roelady, even if I don't play her often. Arry may be small, but she's relatively feisty and confident herself. Just if you make Moving mad, she can crush your head with her thighs, and if you make Arry mad she'll probably scratch at you feebly like a small kitten or just poison your food. :D 

I've probably gotten just as many compliments/people flirting with Moving just as much as Arry does (at least, if I played Moving more lol). Strangely enough (or maybe not so strange), most of those compliments/flirting comes from small female Miqo characters.

Keep in mind the RP community isn't the actual community.

This right here, we're an eclectic bunch, a small sliver of an already niche demographic. While we might find the variety interesting or flat out enticing most like their men to be manly beefcakes and their women to be dainty and/or sexy/cute.

I couldn't find the research in the time I have now, but I recall reading that even when players request variety like we have in XIV with Highlander women and Roegadames, character creation trends towards Midlander/Miqo'te types. I even remember it stating that even if the players make a stink about breast size, they still crank up the boobs to big when they have the choice (even female players do it apparently).

It's just SE playing to its audience, and sadly we arn't it. Though admittedly I <3 AuRa females.

Not gonna lie, FemRoes and Highlander women are the best. If you were to get so psychological, maybe it's because of my own "tomboy" personality?/preference? I'm not what my mother or society would really call feminine.

I call bullshit but whatever~

So yeah, loves me some Steel Wolf, Denn, Clio and Delial~

Followed by Elezen women like the lovely Rivienne and Evangeline.

Let me stare at these beautiful women more.

I would have stayed Forever Kage the femroe but I grew too accustomed to LalaKage and it was too hard missing it when I played @_@;

I guess maybe I'm in the minority here, but to me, Roegadyn women done up just right are nigh-irresistible.

I mean, Rhyllona Mohtfystwyn, for example... I don't see who could NOT have found that character almost ethereally lovely.

Just gonna leave this here for the Roegadame lovers. I don't remember who she is, but damn:

kTIJOQc.png

Elefemme>Highlandress>Roegadame IMO, now carry on! -ninja vanish-

I guess maybe I'm in the minority here, but to me, Roegadyn women done up just right are nigh-irresistible.

I mean, Rhyllona Mohtfystwyn, for example... I don't see who could NOT have found that character almost ethereally lovely.

Just gonna leave this here for the Roegadame lovers. I don't remember who she is, but damn:

kTIJOQc.png

Elefemme>Highlandress>Roegadame IMO, now carry on! -ninja vanish-

HEAVY BREATHING

If anyone ever makes you feel unattractive, all you need to do is remind yourself that true beauty comes from within, and then help the person who made you feel ugly by ripping out their inner beauty organ by organ and sharing it with them before the life fades from their eyes.