Preparing for Heavenward

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be helping my partner get his character through the MSQ's. He's at the point just after Garuda and unfortunately doesn't get a whole lot of time to play. I've managed to convince him to give FFXIV a go though and so far he seems to be enjoying it quite a lot despite it taking a while for the game to 'click' with him.

Well, I've been running dungeons for some RP sets for my Au Ra... And well, did the MSQ so I can continue through the new areas. That's about it, really.

I plan to give Dark Knight a go, so when they reveal what classes go well with it, I might level them up. But overall, I'm very relaxed about it. I don't feel the need to rush through everything... never been that kinda guy.

...This should be good. And terrifying for me. Let's see.

Ganale:

MSQ Complete. Ready for Heavensward.

R'tahz:

• MSQ Complete. Ready for Heavensward.
  • Continue gearing tank as much as possible (as time allows)
  • Get WoD drops for BRD (low-priority)

Chao:

• MSQ complete. Ready for Heavensward.
  • Push MNK gear to 130 (at 123)
  • Push BLM gear to 130 (at....112?)
  • RP more.
  • Bring Myu online.

Seno:

Complete MSQ? At King Mog, I believe. Minimum priority; Seno has nothing to gain in Heavensward.

Garon:

• Complete MSQ. At 2.1
  • Get Augmented Ironworks tank hat.
  • Figure out what hands I want to use to go with his powered armor.

Yuuna:

• Get to level 50 (at 18)
  • Complete MSQ (at baby dungeons)
  • Attain i130 BRD gear for MCN.

Cres:

....Eh? Kinda no longer interested in this character.

Ghost:

• Get to level 50 (at 16)
  • Complete MSQ (at baby dungeons)
  • Attain i130 BRD gear for MCN.

/sobs

Putting it in list form gives me...

General goals

Get everyone through the 2.55 MSQ (3/4)

Get everyone to at least i120 (0/4)

Save gil. (Approx. 2mil across 4 characters.)

Think of an IC excuse to send them to Ishgard. (2/4)

Kurt

Get aug'd axe.

Get the last 2 IW accessories.

Think of an excuse to Ishgard.

Crafting to 50 (2/8) *cry*

Ramen

Get aug'd magic stick

Prep for DRK

Nah

Get aug'd Sword and Shield.

Get i120 gloves and boots (IW/WoD)

Get full set of IW accessories.

Think of an excuse to Ishgard.

Keil/Remi/Eska

Get aug'd spear.

Farm Picaroon set.(help would be nice)

Get through MSQ. (help would be very nice)

Get a full set of i120 armor. (IW/WoD)

Get a full set of IW accesories.

Wait for Xaela naming conventions.

Use free fantasia.

Let Eska(Au Ra) be U'Remi and U'Kihl's placeholder.

I was attempting to work thru the story line up to where it stops prior to Heavensward, but work has kept me so swamped, I switched over to just working on some of my crafting I had been neglecting while I wait. Ill probably still have a backlog of crafting to do when its out, which is fine. By the time I jump over into my Dark Knight and Machinist the initial flood rush will have dispersed a bit lol(remembering the flood of Rogues slashing and stabbing things all over the place)

Plus using my gathering and crafting to bring in a bit of Gil into my future home fund(by the time I have the large amount saved up I'm hoping we'll see more housing wards/instances opened up.

Already ready already.

At the Eorzea Cafe tasting event, one topic that was discussed were "replicas," so can you tell us again about these regarding Zodiac weapons?

Yoshida: Although the Zodiac Weapons have evolved to Zeta form, there were a large number of stages with different effects up to there and comments from many people who liked some of the effects of the middle stages better than those of Zeta. Because the previous item is taken away as you continue through the stages of the Zodiac weapons, we got a lot of feedback from players who wanted to stick with one of the earlier appearances. Since Gerolt has been involved throughout the creation of the Zodiac Weapons, he remembers the forms and appearances of the old weapons, so he'll be able to prepare replicas for those who have completed the Zetas.

So it's like a gift to people who have reached the Zeta stage.

Yoshida: That's right. You'll be able to buy your favorite look from Gerolt's shop and you can apply it with glamour prisms.

Well I guess the Zodiac quest I gave the big middle finger to is back in full swing. I guess I have time, I was almost done when I rage quit.

Working on getting Loki through the MSQ to get her ready to switch her and Langli. Since I wanted Langli to be DRK in training and we found out that you have to be 50 to unlock the jobs, I decided to just switch the two come Heavensward and relevel Loki at my leisure. Though I may be tempted to switch her to Astrologian when I do.

Working on getting Loki through the MSQ to get her ready to switch her and Langli. Since I wanted Langli to be DRK in training and we found out that you have to be 50 to unlock the jobs, I decided to just switch the two come Heavensward and relevel Loki at my leisure. Though I may be tempted to switch her to Astrologian when I do.

Where was it mentioned you have to be 50? I'm guessing I missed some Intel somewhere,the last I saw mentioned the new jobs would start at 30 but that was it, no MSQ completion was required or anything.

not that needing a level 50 somewhere is bad, I got that covered, more so wondering if other new info was released that slipped by me while at work Lol.

Where was it mentioned you have to be 50? I'm guessing I missed some Intel somewhere,the last I saw mentioned the new jobs would start at 30 but that was it, no MSQ completion was required or anything.

not that needing a level 50 somewhere is bad, I got that covered, more so wondering if other new info was released that slipped by me while at work Lol.

The trainers are in Ishgard, which you unlock through the MSQ, as far as I know. So, in order to pick them up, you'll have to go through the MSQ - which means all that doing so entails.

The trainers are in Ishgard, which you unlock through the MSQ, as far as I know. So, in order to pick them up, you'll have to go through the MSQ - which means all that doing so entails.

....which kind of declared to us that new characters can't be any of the new classes, and which also means that a brand new Au Ra can't be any of them, either, unless you Fantasia your existing MSQ-completed character into one.

It was "confirmed" (I have to check the forums for sure) that the 3 new Jobs' trainers are in Ishgard. Ishgard was told to us to be locked in Heavensward with needing 2.55 MSQ completion.

That means i90 minimum.

All Main Story Quests done.

A level 50 Character.

It got confirmed in the twitch stream they did last week that the trainers are in Ishgard. So, those three things must be done indeed. I'm gonna find it odd that if they do give them job quests at increments of 5, running back to Ishgard and then moving back through the rest of the realm [minus Ishgard] to complete them sinch Ishgard is 50+

As for preparing for Heavensward?

Level up Warrior to cap and Gladiator to post+20 for cross class skills and tanking experience in XIV

Gear up to at least i120 so my DRK can just continue onward with little problem

Wait for Xaela naming conventions

Hold excitement for finally getting to RP a Xaelan

and https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JSCm4VBfKGnegzqWQpsNWKI_uZkSFyVZ3lI1VGvrnl0/pub

According to this, it's gonna be awkward but you'll need to level the NEW jobs in ARR content.

"New jobs will be available right away upon entering Ishgard, but you will have to go back to ARR content to level them up." Since... Ishgard is 50+ content.

Re: FC Crafting

The basement workshop will cost less than 1 million gil.

No plans to increase capacity of company chest, but you will be able to access it from the workshop. So free companies should clean up their company chests in preparation. (YoshiP's FC's chest apparently still has a ton of pudding minions from WP in it.)

Interesting.

MSQ, MSQ, MSQ.

Literally nothing else because our FC isn't starting its roleplay until near-ish the release day. This gives me plenty of time to catch up, story-wise. I just finished vanilla, now I'm moving through the first patch. I really, really hope I manage to finish before the expansion but who knows at this point. I'm nervous.

With that said, if anyone wants to come along for clears and dungeons lemme know, I'm always down for awesome company.

MSQ, MSQ, MSQ.

Literally nothing else because our FC isn't starting its roleplay until near-ish the release day. This gives me plenty of time to catch up, story-wise. I just finished vanilla, now I'm moving through the first patch. I really, really hope I manage to finish before the expansion but who knows at this point. I'm nervous.

With that said, if anyone wants to come along for clears and dungeons lemme know, I'm always down for awesome company.

While I'm a bit sporadic with my timing cause work, I'm typically on during the evenings into the night on eastern time and working on my tanking classes [i've a monk already at 50] so if you want some company, feel free to let me know.

I'll PM you contact info. And it seems daunting, going through the 4 patches, believe me, that's where I started.. but if you're just doing the MSQ, it won't be as daunting

The biggest "roadblocks" are the dungeons/trials - either the wait times if you're not running a tank/healer or making sure you're at the required iLevel to queue for them in the first place. The rest of it is mostly just running from point A to point B and maybe beating up a mob or three.

Oh, and the cutscenes, especially the last ones which extend into hours. If you're pressed for time, it might be better to skip them and then view them at your leisure from an inn room where you can settle down for the story.

I NOW HAVE A NEW THING TO DO!

Level a crafter to 50.

It's probably gonna be Armorer as that's my highest level one, but I'm not really sure what to do...the hope is that maybe possibly I'll be able to experience how the crafting in Heavensward will operate, as well as maybe being able to bang together a personal airship....though some dread Damocles in my thoughts leads me to believe that you'll probably have to be a 60 in ALL the crafts to do such a thing.

Still...it's a something, I suppose... >.>;;

....oh lawd what do I do...

....oh lawd what do I do...

Ixali dailies. Use them, abuse them. Once you're at max friendliness with them your set of six dailies will get your 9 Oakknots, eight of which you can immediately turn in for Ehactl Sealants that usually go for around 45-55k gil apiece. And it works even better once you have a capped crafting class, since you can make the items with the 50 crafter and then turn in the quests on a different one for free XP.

Other than that? There's a few guides out there that mention which crafting leves will help you get those levels, so that's always an option if you have the allowances for them. And, if you don't mind just setting your character on autopilot for a couple minutes, grinding out making things (just as ingots) in stacks of 99 is a mindless way to get XP. If you're lucky, the resulting item is worth more than the base materials, so you can just slap them onto the MB afterward.

Oh, and if you're going the grinding method, keep an eye on your soulbonding. Doing stuff in stacks of 99 will bond your equipment quick, letting you convert it into materia for some extra gil... some of which will likely go into buying the replacement piece.