List of Xaela Tribes

Taking effort to ensure the future of his new dynasty, Kroin sought out Elders from the Geneq tribe - initially as he found their ability to communicate with cloud and wave kin somewhat adorable, but also respecting the knowledge and patience it must have taken to perfect this art.[/font][/color][/font][/color]

I don't think they can actually communicate with cloud and wave kin -- I think they just use clicks similar to them :

"the Geneq employ a complex system of whistles and clicks which resemble the cloud- and wavekin of the steppe."

Honestly a lot of the tribe tidbits make me think of myths and tidbits from nomadic cultures around the globe.  This one makes me think of the !Kung (who are a San people) - prolly part of why I love it so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c246fZ-7z1w

Looks like I derped a word, fixed it!

A friend and I are using Mongolian names and existing tribes for our characters namings and origins. I came up with some personal background noise ages ago that I wanted to use for my Au Ra and her tribe. As my friend is using it as well, we opted to go for name that isn't listed on the naming conventions. 

For me, I feel more grounded using a name from history. I really don't want to get into a lore-battle over a tribal name with others, and none of the tribes on the list really fits what we're doing. I love what they've given us to work with, the descriptions amuse the hell out of me. It also gives me insights into the different ways Xaela have been living their lives. Also lets me know that what I've come up with isn't completely bonkers. I'm more than happy that a non-named tribe that isn't on the list is accounted for within the given Xaela lore. Being from the northern mountains suits us perfectly! 

Once I have the name secured, I will edit my post. Previous experiences make me hesitant to post character names before I can secure it.

Kha isn't up there T_T

I-It is! ;;

Going with Noykin here! Pretty sure I've settled on the name Koke for her too!

Hello, Siha! I'll add you right away ^^

Oh here's a tribal thread, neat. Like I said in the other one for my Xaela I'm leaning to Qalli,but I may wind up going Kagon, or maybe Ura, all of those are fascinating to me.

I'll skip adding you for now in that case if you don't mind ^^  When you feel a little more certain then please post again, and take your time!

A friend and I are using Mongolian names and existing tribes for our characters namings and origins. I came up with some personal background noise ages ago that I wanted to use for my Au Ra and her tribe. As my friend is using it as well, we opted to go for name that isn't listed on the naming conventions. 

For me, I feel more grounded using a name from history. I really don't want to get into a lore-battle over a tribal name with others, and none of the tribes on the list really fits what we're doing. I love what they've given us to work with, the descriptions amuse the hell out of me. It also gives me insights into the different ways Xaela have been living their lives. Also lets me know that what I've come up with isn't completely bonkers. I'm more than happy that a non-named tribe that isn't on the list is accounted for within the given Xaela lore. Being from the northern mountains suits us perfectly! 

Once I have the name secured, I will edit my post. Previous experiences make me hesitant to post character names before I can secure it.

That's perfectly fine. Will your tribe be private or open to others?

I'm fairly certain that the intended irony of Moks tribes is that people who roleplay as Moks won't have Moks as their surname, they'd have the surname of whatever tribe they're infiltrating.

I'm fairly certain that the intended irony of Moks tribes is that people who roleplay as Moks won't have Moks as their surname, they'd have the surname of whatever tribe they're infiltrating.

Pffffff, f*** that. I'll be using the Moks surname and tagging my search edit info with the name of the clan I'm infiltrating. I think that'd work better than the other way around, since it'd more visible to other Moks Xaela that way. The Xaela clan one regularly RPs with should be fine with it OoCly, I'd expect.

Anyone breaking character to know that you're Moks when they haven't been told or found out ICly is, well... breaking character.

As for their purpose? INTELLIGENCE GATHERING. MOKS CONFIRMED FOR PLAYING THE LONG GAME. INFILTRATE, LEARN WEAKNESSES, SUBVERT OR CONQUER.

I would say they would give their tribe name as the tribe they are currently inside, but it would not change their actual tribe name. Such a case of person being a liar about the nameplate over their head.

My name is Bob Billy Boy.... ignore the Jeb Jeremy Jon above my head.

I would say they would give their tribe name as the tribe they are currently inside, but it would not change their actual tribe name. Such a case of person being a liar about the nameplate over their head.

People do this all the time already with aliases, though, especially people RPing criminals. How's this any different? Just curious. :|

*nameplate says Osric Melkire*

*Osric comes into one-on-one contact with someone he's never met before*

"Call me Thomys."

People do this all the time already with aliases, though. How's this any different?

*nameplate says Osric Melkire*

*Osric comes into one-on-one contact with someone he's never met before*

"Call me Thomys."

It isn't, was the point I was making, which is why I will have my Au Ra have his actual name not the tribe he is infiltrating. Whoops, not being clear while working.

Oh, my mistake then. :blush:

Going to be rolling a Moks, myself, though... with some major caveats. Some of them potentially lore-breaking. All of them on the down low.

Looking forward to seeing other Xaela! :lol:

Pffffff, f*** that. I'll be using the Moks surname and tagging my search edit info with the name of the clan I'm infiltrating. I think that'd work better than the other way around, since it'd more visible to other Moks Xaela that way. The Xaela clan one regularly RPs with should be fine with it OoCly, I'd expect.

Anyone breaking character to know that you're Moks when they haven't been told or found out ICly is, well... breaking character.

As for their purpose? INTELLIGENCE GATHERING. MOKS CONFIRMED FOR PLAYING THE LONG GAME. INFILTRATE, LEARN WEAKNESSES, SUBVERT OR CONQUER.

You see, at first glance I thought this was the idea! But it sounds like that they never know if they'll be able to interact with one another at all, let alone in a manner that somehow proves efficient!

Imagine two tribes meet for the first time in six months and one Mok secretly tells another that his tribe is getting particularly careless and arrogant with most retiring early each evening and few people keeping an eye out for nightly raids... is that other Mok supposed to say:

"Okay, good to know! I usually see Derek every year or two and if I tell him to pass on the message to Adam the next time he sees him, then he can probably find a way to let a few other people know and get their impression on what they think!" ?

Although maybe I am grossly overestimating the time discrepancies. Even so, there's no mention of how they behave in groups of their own and more importantly, if they even come together into their own groups at all. Imagine they conspire to kill off everyone from two tribes from the inside after a complete massacre. Do they just... become a Mok tribe for a while before trying to find their way into new tribes?

OH, also I guess this should mean that some smaller tribes are incredibly wary of letting other people in?

Edit:

Alsooooo... do you want to want to be added to any list, Iex and Melkire? Or would you rather be kept off the record?

Hotgo for me, obviously. :moogle:

This will be my first venture into roleplay in Eorzea (very much familiar with roleplay, though). Very much looking forward to it.

Hotgo for me, obviously. :moogle:

This will be my first venture into roleplay in Eorzea (very much familiar with roleplay, though). Very much looking forward to it.

Ah! Welcome to both the forum and Xaela hype then!

*adds you right away*

I don't really think I understand the purpose of Mox members unless they actually meet in secret outside of occurrences where two tribes directly meet by coincidence.

Yea they left Moks way too vague I think, I get wanting open ended stuff but you kinda can't just leave it as 'they hide in other tribes' because man that could mean anything at all.

The Mok remind me of the Tribe from a book called Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn; a small group which consider itself apart from everyone else and whose members owe allegiance to their own whilst living amongst the other clans (mostly spying on, manipulating or working for them depending on circumstances and purpose). Its not completely the same thing since the Tribe are more mercenary than the Mok seem to be (their existence is acknowledged for one, and various powerful people enlist their services on purpose for another) but its the first thing my mind went to when I read the bit about the Moks.

The idea of them all scattered throughout the various tribes in secret and passing messages between one another for whatever purpose... Its all rather shady. I mean, I assume they're up to something otherwise they'd be open about it or form their own tribe? I just thought it sounded very similar.

This is giving me ideas... >.>

There is a chance for inner drama here, presumably. Much of the tribe's identity and combat strategies lie in its natural born twins. Even though only one out of three births result in twins, the fact that two children are produced a time result in roughly 67% (math check?) of the tribe's population to be twins.

Wouldn't it just be half of the tribe is twins? Assuming the 1 out of 3 pregnancies average is reliable, then for instance it'd could be something like:

Birth 1: Single child.

Birth 2: Twins, two children.

Birth 3. Single child.

Four total children in the three birth cycle, two are twins.

My alt (who may well actually be my main) is a runaway from Dhoro tribe - and as such will not want to be identified with them and adopt a more hyuran-styled surname.

It sounds more to me like the Moks are less of a traditional tribe and more of a secret society type -- which given how some of the others operate I think SE is trying to keep the actual cultures/structures of the Xaela as open to interpretation as possible.

In which case, they don't need traditional gatherings and would work more like.... a clandestine cell system, with each tribe they are infiltrating containing a cell and overarching leadership being secreted away somewhere where they have control over whatever group they're in. Ya know?

Hmm... perhaps I should colour code names to differentiate between those who used to be part of a tribe and those who still are(exploration/migration etc).

I'll default with the former for now, anyone who is still actively RP'ing being part of a tribe please let me know!

My alt (who may well actually be my main) is a runaway from Dhoro tribe - and as such will not want to be identified with them and adopt a more hyuran-styled surname.

Does this still mean you wish to be added? ^^   Even if she doesn't wish to be affiliated, anyone else who may join the tribe might take interest in the fact that you are a runaway, should you ever cross paths.