List of Xaela Tribes

Alright, decided I'd go ahead and make the listing. Non-canon, player-made tribe. 

Khatagin

An elusive people originating from the northern mountains of Othard, only rumor survives as violent myths of the Khatagin. Thought to be freaks of nature, the members of the Khatagin are savage and phantom-like. These semi-nomadic tribal Xaela prefer assassination over direct conflict, using fear and superstition to smother their enemies. read more

Current Members

— Ayushiridara Khatagin (industrythirteen)

— Sorocan Khatagin

Status: Semi-closed. PM industrythirteen to discuss details. 

Put me down for Ugund, please.

Arkvachir Ugund.

Incidentally, if anyone is seeking a shaman/witch doctor, let me know.

Maybe it's just me, but whenever someone mentions witch doctors, I think of this:

cmjrTcYMqBM

Now just imagining it as the theme song of an entire Xaela tribe amuses me.

Put me down for Ugund, please.

Arkvachir Ugund.

Incidentally, if anyone is seeking a shaman/witch doctor, let me know.

Maybe it's just me, but whenever someone mentions witch doctors, I think of this:

cmjrTcYMqBM

Now just imagining it as the theme song of an entire Xaela tribe amuses me.

So long as it's always sung in a slow, incredibly somber and srs-faced style, headcanon accepted.

Qaratolui Noyakir is my new main. :)

Noyakir being a scattered, player-made, non-canon tribe. It's sort of a mish-mash of a few tribes, really.

I made it because 1. I couldn't decide on a tribe (there are SO MANY) and 2. I wanted something more concrete than a little blurb for my tribe, to avoid stepping on people's toes if they had a different impression of the same tribe.

The Noyakir tribe is open for anyone to join!

If any interested parties would like to have some slight modifications made, it can certainly be discussed. I wrote this up pretty quickly, so it might be modified a bit before finalizing, especially if I get input.

Otherwise the completed version will be posted on my character's wiki page (unless there are tribe pages?) once I've made that. :D I'm still figuring out how the wiki works, so I figured it would be best to post it here first.

The Noyakir once made their home in a vast system of caves in the northern mountains of Othard, but due to a major cave-in, its remains have begun to scatter. The cave-dwellers, once miners and crafters, fishermen and look-outs, now have only rubble and broken homes. The wanderers, once hunters and traders, now have no place to which they can return. Those who are of able-body have made their decision either to stay, to search for another home, or to join a new tribe.

Full description as a google doc

Present day:

(As far as my character knows. He was out at the time. If you want to RP someone who was there and add details for the cave-in, please feel free to contact me)

While minor cave-ins are not rare in the Noyakir caves, there was recently a very large one which caused the death and injury of most cave-dwellers inside at the time. Many Noyakir believe the cave-in was caused by the tribe's growing proficiency with trading, given their belief that the caverns were dug by a race of giant oliphant-like beetles placed on the land by the gods to punish the elder tribes for their greed.

As a result, many of the remaining Noyakir cave-dwellers would prefer to go back to the southern deserts, to rejoin the Uyagir. The wanderers, however, mostly want to rebuild and return to their established lifestyle.

Each Noyakir must decide for themselves if they wish to stay, search for another suitable home or attempt to join another tribe.

History:

Originating from the cave-dwelling Uyagir tribe of southern Othard, the Noyakir were a hopeful group who believed their network of caves to be infinite, connected to all other caves, if only in need of a little digging. They set out for the northern range in hopes of expanding the tribe's territory by digging a straight passageway between their old home and what would be come their new one.

The Noyakir settled in a vast cavern among the beginnings of the northern mountains and set to work. In these new caves lay untapped veins of ore, and it wasn't long before the Noyakir realized they had stumbled upon something useful.

This led the tribe to divide once again, out of necessity. Wildlife is a little more scarce in the mountains, so while most of the tribe spent their time digging away, looking for ore and hidden passageways towards the Uyagir, others would wander the steppes, trading ore and trinkets for supplies, as well as gathering and hunting all they could to sustain their brothers and sisters back home.

Lifestyle:

The tribe consists of two main groups, the cave-dwellers and the wanderers. Children are raised mostly in the caves and usually taught some of the local craft. When they reach the cusp of adulthood, the young are brought on a journey with the wanderers and taught how to survive, hunt and trade. Upon their return, they are allowed to choose which path they would like to pursue.

The path of a wanderer is a more traditional one for the Xaela. The wanderers travel in groups, the composition and size of which will vary depending on the goal of the particular journey. Most of these journeys will take several weeks, if not months Some wanderers prefer to focus on the hunt, and thus will pack lightly and travel in small groups. Others prefer to seek out friendly tribes with whom to trade, requiring more manpower to carry goods from place to place. Due to the "earthy" nature of most of their wares, they will sometimes even bring some of the few beasts of burden in the tribe's possession with them on their journeys.

On the other hand, the cave-dweller's life is relatively comfortable. While many work with pick in hand in the deepest reaches of the caves, several others spend their days making trinkets, raising young and fishing in the underground pools nearer the surface. There are even some who spend most of their time outside, hunting for mountain game and keeping watch for hostile tribes.

The cave:

Located near the base of the northern range of mountains in Othard, the area surrounding the cave is cool and wooded. The mouth of the cave itself was originally somewhat obscured by trees, but over time wood was required for support in new passageways, and the nearby flora has thinned somewhat.

The caverns are formed mostly in marble, and, like the Uyagir, the Noyakir believe them to have been carved by giant oliphant-like beetles. The majority of the Noyakir settlement lies a little beyond the entrance, almost out of sight from the outside, if not for a faint glowing at the end of a dark passageway. While a more permanent variation of yurts used to suffice for housing in the main chambers, many cave-dwellers have chosen to dig out their own living quarters from the stone walls. There are pools of water of varying sizes throughout the caverns. In the living areas, these pools are often used for bathing. Deeper in, the pools are mostly used by fishermen, but it is not uncommon to find energetic youths playing in the water on occasion. Most of the cave is unsupported, the Noyakir trusting in the architectural integrity of the creatures they believe to have dug out the place, but the miners have learned to put up support beams when creating new passages.

Wow this spoiler tag thing is hard.

I plan to have my character Kieri as a Noykin, though she left her tribe many years ago and it will not be readily available IC information.

Is it okay to put you down then in case another member someday stumbles upon and recognises you?

Wow this spoiler tag thing is hard.

If you add spoilers then later edit you post using the 'Full Edit' feature, it tends to break and throw multiple spoilers at random all over the post, unfortunately - assuming that is what happened to you.

So I decided to make my own tribe.

It's called Toshin and you can read about it here:

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Vachir_Toshin

I took some liberties when adding your tribe's lore. Sorry if any of it is way off or overstepping somehow. If you'd like it removed/altered then please let me know.

Everything else has been updated!

So I decided to make my own tribe.

It's called Toshin and you can read about it here:

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Vachir_Toshin

I took some liberties when adding your tribe's lore. Sorry if any of it is way off or overstepping somehow. If you'd like it removed/altered then please let me know.

Everything else has been updated!

Ah, that's actually very much what I had thought. Awesome. ^^

You can put Arik "Nergui" down as a former Tumet, though he would have left the clan around the age of 10 years old. (Failed rites of passage, ftw.)

"Nergui" (meaning "no name") is literally just a nickname he has given himself to denote a lack of regular tribe and his overall loser-status. This way, he's not bringing further disgrace on any other tribe while he's busying loser-ing it up across Eorzea.