List of Xaela Tribes

I was wondering what people thought of a Kha tribe Xaela using a non-Auri name and instead using a name based on a different culture. Too far of a stretch? The Kha are said to actively seek out non Auri people and take in aspects of their culture. It could be for various reasons such as simply liking the way the name sounds or using the name around non Auri as a way to better fit in with their culture, while using their actual name around their own kind.

I'm already planning out a plot with two Au Ra alts that I will make, one being an Hotgo female child (10 years old) ((first on the left in this picture))

and one being a full grown Dotharl man.

The Hotgo child will likely have vengeful feelings towards the man, and powerlessly attempt to take his life over and over to no avail because of her young age and lack of fighting/killing skills, while the man mostly ignores her/saves her from the traps that she will set up for him only to become a victim of them herself (I am making this man an exiled from the Dotharl, so he will not be as extremely violent as the others of this name are depicted to be, but he will still have that dark/menacing aura around himself). Man/child rivalries/bickering/tsundere type of relationships were always my favorite in books and movies. Freud would say it's because I haven't had a real father figure in my real life, but who caresssssssss, I love to RP wierd bonds that do not involve romance.

Haha, very interesting! ^^   I'll add them both of it's okay.

Just hopping by to say that one of my Xaela has officially received her new name. "Yesui Hotgo" is looking for a Xaela group linkshell!

ICly she is 10yo so be ready for lots of trouble, stubborn antics, and awkward questions.

558f234922c3926c984e1d9b.jpg

Just hopping by to say that one of my Xaela has officially received her new name. "Yesui Hotgo" is looking for a Xaela group linkshell!

Hey Blue. Go ahead and send me a tell in-game if you'd like an invite to Scales of Othard. My character name is Ayushiridara Khatagin. I run the Scales of Othard linkshell. It's completely OOC, and a place for folks to talk all things Au Ra, for both Xaela and Raen.

I've gone Xaela and name changed to Evalun Goro. Of the Goro tribe. Yes the horse marrying one.

tumblr_niq1vqegOe1tf91ito1_500.gif

Because Qestir seems like it would be a pain to RP.

You misspelled awesome. Who wouldn't want to be some kind of fantasy draconic Charlie Chaplin?

Well, okay, a lot of people.

But still.

Charlie Chaplin.

I've gone Xaela and name changed to Evalun Goro. Of the Goro tribe. Yes the horse marrying one.

I beg your forgiveness for what I must do.

Ahem.

LOOK AT MY HORSE, MY HORSE IS AMAZING

D: I wish I could rep your post more than once!

Add me to the list, please! Tengri Moks a.k.a. Tengri Geneq.

Okay! I'll try to highlight the Mok's tribe in a moment as a means of showing that it's out of the ordinary.

You still have ???? Next to Kaguya. She is the Xaela. Just ended up being Doman raised after Garleans were mean to her tribe.

Thanks!

Ah, sorry about that. I take it that you mean to say that her name is the same as your username? I assumed you simply hadn't provided one yet >_< ;   Sorry for the misunderstanding.

ICly she is 10yo so be ready for lots of trouble, stubborn antics, and awkward questions.

558f234922c3926c984e1d9b.jpg

That's so cool! I love how baby-faced that model is. She can genuinely pass for it (*-*)

Congratulations!

Moderator Note:

Being that this topic has received a lot more replies than I could have possibly anticipated, I'm going to move it to the Making Connections forum since detailed discussion pertaining to individual tribes would only cause a lot of clutter were it to be encouraged.

So, would many people like a second topic to be opened that branches out from this one where you can all try to collaborate on ideas and see if you can weave your individual characters and stories together? Or would you rather leave that to the likes of linkshell discussions?

And on that note, if you own or are perhaps part of a tribal linkshell then please feel free to post it here or PM me along with the names of the characters people should contact in-game should they wish to join. I'll add them to the opening post for ease of reference ^^

Thanks so much for this directory! It'll be very helpful. In about 7 hours or so I should have allowance to use name change (did you know you can change only 1 name a day?) for the Dhotarl male. I'll let you know what it'll be!

Not at all ^^  Someone would have made it sooner or later regardless, but it is really nice to see so many people entertaining tribal backgrounds and open to the possibility of sharing them with others!

And yes, haha ;  I know because my friend had to make two name changes for her auri placeholders. It's a bit of a strange security measure but at least you don't need to wait very long.

Edit:

Okay! The opening post has been overhauled to be more fitting as a directory. I hope it's not too messy and difficult to read. If so, then please let me know what to change - as well as pointing out any mistakes I may have made!

I also want to specify (since I see you're giving font colors to specify it for each character) that Yesui has currently no connection with the Hotgo tribe. Her parents brought her in the woods as the Dotharl attacked and promised they'd come back to find her, but they never did and she couldn't find the way back to her tribe. For the past couple years she has been living within a small Raen village on top of a mountain, and is currently in Mor Dhona with the other Raen refugees. She does know she is a Hotgo, but she was not told what happened to the Hotgo tribe (if the elders of her village did know, they didn't tell her), and is still waiting for someone from her tribe to come and find her to bring her home.

Or well, was till she got to Eorzea. Now she is stubbornly determined to go back to Doma to still wait for her tribe, but of course, she has no means to get back there.

As for the male, I am open for Dotharl connections with him. I don't know any player RPing a Dotharl yet though.

EDIT: Also for those who like me seem unable to be happy with anything the Random Name Generator has to offer, here's the site I used for Yesui's name:

http://heraldry.sca.org/names/mongolian_names_marta.html