List of Xaela Tribes

My alt (who may well actually be my main) is a runaway from Dhoro tribe - and as such will not want to be identified with them and adopt a more hyuran-styled surname.

Vexlu Dhoro - "See's oddly familiar face." I know you!

I think I'll try and sleep for tonight so I won't be amending the OP any further I guess, but I'll likely be on the forums plenty before the servers go live and during the inevitable login congestion.

Thank you everyone for your contribution so far! Even if my participation with tribes will be limited(if existent at all), it makes me really happy to see so many people showing interest in adapting it in at least some form considering the awkward situation it presents us.

For those this applies to - should you not visit the forums before the moment of truth... good night, sleep well and have a great time with the expansion (^^/

It can be added.  Those are the character's roots (though he may deny it to the grave).  The paranoia is real.  It may be worth noting that the character will be fleeing his tribe with his sister (technically at his sister's behest) and the sister character is another RPer's alt (and probably won't see as much play time) but it is 2 characters, going by different names, who were originally a part of the Dhoro clan.

If any others from the Dhoro want to work out some sort of RP, I think it's fair to say that we're both open and amenable to the possibilities there.  Shoot me a PM or something maybe.  Their reason for being in Eorzea is to make a new start though, so other Dhoro members might not be so well-received at first.

EDIT:

Character Names:

bro: Rizumo Ridgestrider - (formerly: Batzorig Dhoro)

sis: Rika Ridgestrider - (formerly: Chabi Dhoro)

Footnote: Quite a lot of thought and planning has already gone into these two characters and their combined backstory and we've made some adjustments.  Amongst the Dhoro tribe it may be widely believed that Rizumo is a murderer of one of their own, and the siblings' sudden and hasty exit to Eorzea before any sort of trial only lends further credence to this notion.

Welp, mine is either Angura (due to the dark red skin color I gave him), Adarkim/Jhungid/Kharlu (because they're the largest), Dotharl (because he's a boisterous bruiser so it'd make sense), Dataq ('cause he's a wanderer!) or Qestir (and he fucked off because he talked too much).

Probably gonna be Angura tho.

Welp, mine is either Angura (due to the dark red skin color I gave him), Adarkim/Jhungid/Kharlu (because they're the largest), Dotharl (because he's a boisterous bruiser so it'd make sense), Dataq ('cause he's a wanderer!) or Qestir (and he fucked off because he talked too much).

Yay! I have a clan mate! (or sort of since Kaguya's story is a small group went out to forage and Garleans were like 'NOPE')

Maybe its because I started reading from the bottom, but Qestir just stuck with me. Communicating with other people without words should be interesting. It instantly reminded me of one of my favorite quotes  "...for the heart communes best when it does not try to speak" and gave me surge of inspiration for my Xaela. Also, the temptation to make a Qestir LS/FC/community named "Silent Dusk" is just too much.

I'm not exactly sure how mixed parentage would work within this since I would figure that tribes intermingle at a point.

Paternally, the Kha.

Maternally, the Arulaq.

For simplicity sake, I would put her down under the Arulaq (as she herself has been in Coerthas' mountain range secluded from other au ra).

Nalli Blythe, the name she gives to every one.

Naiman Kha-Arulaq 

(or Arulaq-Kha.... But I personally like it ending with a q)

EDIT: OKAY. That was a lot of extra code....

Okey dokey OP here's another player made tribe for you. My character will be a member of the Qeyin tribe.

The Qeyin:

The central tenet of the Qeyin revolves around imitation of animals. This is reflected in always keeping on the move, living off the land, and only entering a confrontation if victory is assured. They believe it is the greatest honor to battle against a great predator one on one and slay it. Their love and imitation is also reflected in their shapeshifting and glamour magick that they use to either appear as, or turn into animals for a short time.

They traveled along the upper foothills of Othard's Northern mountains. They moved camp every two weeks or so, keeping their presence hidden through powerful glamours that their 'spell-weavers' would cast every time they made camp. The only interaction they had with other tribes were in guerrilla-style hit and run raids for supplies and food.  When they would come into proximity with another tribe, they would carefully scout it and deem whether it was significantly stronger, or weaker than their own. If the tribe was significantly weaker than them they would raid it, but if stronger, they would avoid all contact and conceal themselves. This isolationism has created an even more tightly knit social paradigm within the tribe.

The magick of their tribe was limited to powerful glamour and shapeshifting magick that they believe was handed down to them by the Dusk Mother herself. These spell-weavers were responsible for concealing the tribe's camp, and transforming tribe members into various animals which they referred to as 'spiritshifting'. Their uses of spiritshifting ranged from scouting to gathering to a certain few of their warriors who preferred to go into battle as powerful beasts. Spiritshifting into any intelligent race is forbidden as they believe it borrows a creature's soul.

They traveled to the land of Doma to assist them in their rebellion against the Empire at the behest of one of their own who had left the tribe to dwell there. When the Empire retaliated, they lost more than half of their tribe and now number around two score in number. They fled with the Doman refugees and now dwell in Revenant's Toll under the guise of Hyurs under Doman orders to keep a low profile. Weary of city life, they long to return to their traditional ways and are scouting for a way to cross the Ishgardian border and disappear into the wild Northlands.

Okay! I have been hemming and hawing about names and clans and reading mongolian culture/etymology all god damn day, and I've finally settled on a tribe at least. As tempting as it was to pick Oronir and praise it, I've settled with:

Dotharl.

(Though Tumet and Dhoro came in very, very close second/third.)

Could my character (Qara Qalli*) possibly be added to the listing for Tumet as well as an ex-member? Her Tumet heritage forms the most important component of her backstory, so I'd love to be able to discuss headcanons with other Tumet characters too. 

I had also... written a tiny dirge-of-sorts for the Xaela, which I think befits what I see as the relative stoicism of the Tumet tribe, and snippets of other things for my songbird. If anyone's interested, let me know! 

*Lala-esque name, I know. Unintentional alliteration.

For my Xaela alt, I will be choosing the Dotharl clan.

I will be going Dotharl because they are specifically listed as 'extremely' violent.

I mean there are other tribes who war annually and still other tribes with very savage practices, but the Dotharl are known as being exceptionally violent and reckless in a race of warring nomads.

To me, this means these guys are the equivalent of sadistic psychos hence why they can never rise as a clan. They are recklessly violent and die often.

I think some of the tidbits are deeper than they seem if you consider the implications that they have on the rest of the culture of these clans. The Dotharl train their young from very early on to not fear death. It is a culture of recklessness and savagery, it is an extremely warped warring clan on the end of the barbarity spectrum. They're not just violent like all the other nomadic warring people. These guys are known to other warring and violent people as extremely violent. It's like spartans looking to another warring culture and saying "those guys are badass." You know it's something special.

When I thought up my character, I thought him up as a bandit, a sadistic hedonistic psycho, and so Dotharl fits perfectly.

They revel in massacre.

A friend and I are using Mongolian names and existing tribes for our characters namings and origins. I came up with some personal background noise ages ago that I wanted to use for my Au Ra and her tribe. As my friend is using it as well, we opted to go for name that isn't listed on the naming conventions. 

For me, I feel more grounded using a name from history. I really don't want to get into a lore-battle over a tribal name with others, and none of the tribes on the list really fits what we're doing. I love what they've given us to work with, the descriptions amuse the hell out of me. It also gives me insights into the different ways Xaela have been living their lives. Also lets me know that what I've come up with isn't completely bonkers. I'm more than happy that a non-named tribe that isn't on the list is accounted for within the given Xaela lore. Being from the northern mountains suits us perfectly! 

Once I have the name secured, I will edit my post. Previous experiences make me hesitant to post character names before I can secure it.

That's perfectly fine. Will your tribe be private or open to others?

Not sure how I feel about making it open to others or not just yet. I have to see what the overall climate is like for Au Ra RP.

I'm already planning out a plot with two Au Ra alts that I will make, one being an Hotgo female child (10 years old) ((first on the left in this picture))

553f042422c39229733bce79.jpg

and one being a full grown Dotharl man.

553e2f8022c39229733af21c.jpg

The Hotgo child will likely have vengeful feelings towards the man, and powerlessly attempt to take his life over and over to no avail because of her young age and lack of fighting/killing skills, while the man mostly ignores her/saves her from the traps that she will set up for him only to become a victim of them herself (I am making this man an exiled from the Dotharl, so he will not be as extremely violent as the others of this name are depicted to be, but he will still have that dark/menacing aura around himself). Man/child rivalries/bickering/tsundere type of relationships were always my favorite in books and movies. Freud would say it's because I haven't had a real father figure in my real life, but who caresssssssss, I love to RP wierd bonds that do not involve romance.

Khatagin

An elusive people originating from the Northern mountains of Othard, only rumor gives life to the violent myths of the Khatagin. Thought to be freaks of nature, the members of the Khatagin are savage, effective, and phantom-like. These semi-nomadic tribal Xaela prefer assassination over direct conflict, using fear and superstition to smother their enemies.

Current players

• Ayushiridara Khatagin

Reading this, seems like Himaa fits my alt perfectly, since I'm planning her to have a sister to dote a lot xD.

Haha, okay!

I'll treat this as "undecided" for the time being then unless you feel more strongly about Angura than I am interpreting ^^

I'm not exactly sure how mixed parentage would work within this since I would figure that tribes intermingle at a point.

Paternally, the Kha.

Maternally, the Arulaq.

For simplicity sake, I would put her down under the Arulaq (as she herself has been in Coerthas' mountain range secluded from other au ra).

Nalli Blythe, the name she gives to every one.

Naiman Kha-Arulaq 

(or Arulaq-Kha.... But I personally like it ending with a q)

EDIT: OKAY. That was a lot of extra code....

Okay! Thank you for simplifying it.

Okey dokey OP here's another player made tribe for you. My character will be a member of the Qeyin tribe.

The Qeyin:

The central tenet of the Qeyin revolves around imitation of animals. This is reflected in always keeping on the move, living off the land, and only entering a confrontation if victory is assured. They believe it is the greatest honor to battle against a great predator one on one and slay it. Their love and imitation is also reflected in their shapeshifting and glamour magick that they use to either appear as, or turn into animals for a short time.

They traveled along the upper foothills of Othard's Northern mountains. They moved camp every two weeks or so, keeping their presence hidden through powerful glamours that their 'spell-weavers' would cast every time they made camp. The only interaction they had with other tribes were in guerrilla-style hit and run raids for supplies and food.  When they would come into proximity with another tribe, they would carefully scout it and deem whether it was significantly stronger, or weaker than their own. If the tribe was significantly weaker than them they would raid it, but if stronger, they would avoid all contact and conceal themselves. This isolationism has created an even more tightly knit social paradigm within the tribe.

The magick of their tribe was limited to powerful glamour and shapeshifting magick that they believe was handed down to them by the Dusk Mother herself. These spell-weavers were responsible for concealing the tribe's camp, and transforming tribe members into various animals which they referred to as 'spiritshifting'. Their uses of spiritshifting ranged from scouting to gathering to a certain few of their warriors who preferred to go into battle as powerful beasts. Spiritshifting into any intelligent race is forbidden as they believe it borrows a creature's soul.

They traveled to the land of Doma to assist them in their rebellion against the Empire at the behest of one of their own who had left the tribe to dwell there. When the Empire retaliated, they lost more than half of their tribe and now number around two score in number. They fled with the Doman refugees and now dwell in Revenant's Toll under the guise of Hyurs under Doman orders to keep a low profile. Weary of city life, they long to return to their traditional ways and are scouting for a way to cross the Ishgardian border and disappear into the wild Northlands.

Very detailed, nice work! (^^/     *adds*

Okay!  I have been hemming and hawing about names and clans and reading mongolian culture/etymology all god damn day, and I've finally settled on a tribe at least.  As tempting as it was to pick Oronir and praise it, I've settled with:

Dotharl.  

(Though Tumet and Dhoro came in very, very close second/third.)

Dotharl are so popularrrr!

Dazkar for sure! Saransetseg is a proud lioness!

*nods nods*

Man, look at all these new enemies Dotharl popping up. :angel:

I know, right? ;   Murder them all.

Could my character (Qara Qalli*) possibly be added to the listing for Tumet as well as an ex-member? Her Tumet heritage forms the most important component of her backstory, so I'd love to be able to discuss headcanons with other Tumet characters too. 

I had also... written a tiny dirge-of-sorts for the Xaela, which I think befits what I see as the relative stoicism of the Tumet tribe, and snippets of other things for my songbird. If anyone's interested, let me know! 

*Lala-esque name, I know. Unintentional alliteration.

Absolutely! I'll do so right now.

A friend and I are using Mongolian names and existing tribes for our characters namings and origins. I came up with some personal background noise ages ago that I wanted to use for my Au Ra and her tribe. As my friend is using it as well, we opted to go for name that isn't listed on the naming conventions. 

For me, I feel more grounded using a name from history. I really don't want to get into a lore-battle over a tribal name with others, and none of the tribes on the list really fits what we're doing. I love what they've given us to work with, the descriptions amuse the hell out of me. It also gives me insights into the different ways Xaela have been living their lives. Also lets me know that what I've come up with isn't completely bonkers. I'm more than happy that a non-named tribe that isn't on the list is accounted for within the given Xaela lore. Being from the northern mountains suits us perfectly! 

Once I have the name secured, I will edit my post. Previous experiences make me hesitant to post character names before I can secure it.

That's perfectly fine. Will your tribe be private or open to others?

Not sure how I feel about making it open to others or not just yet. I have to see what the overall climate is like for Au Ra RP.

Again, that's perfectly okay ^^   If you'd like it to still be listed but declared as closed(should you later decide as much) then please let me know. I was wondering if such tribes should be added but was hesitant since I saw this as more of a directory for anyone looking for people to interweave their stories with.

I'm already planning out a plot with two Au Ra alts that I will make, one being an Hotgo female child (10 years old) ((first on the left in this picture))

and one being a full grown Dotharl man.

The Hotgo child will likely have vengeful feelings towards the man, and powerlessly attempt to take his life over and over to no avail because of her young age and lack of fighting/killing skills, while the man mostly ignores her/saves her from the traps that she will set up for him only to become a victim of them herself (I am making this man an exiled from the Dotharl, so he will not be as extremely violent as the others of this name are depicted to be, but he will still have that dark/menacing aura around himself). Man/child rivalries/bickering/tsundere type of relationships were always my favorite in books and movies. Freud would say it's because I haven't had a real father figure in my real life, but who caresssssssss, I love to RP wierd bonds that do not involve romance.

Haha, very interesting! ^^   I'll add them both of it's okay.

Can you add 4 or so ????s to Tumet?

and one: Khaun Tumet

Absolutely!

Khairenq Hotgo

I'm pretty freakin' excited to play a Xaela. Though it is going to be very, very interesting playing a Hotgo around all you Dotharl.

Hahaha, I knowwww.... I wasn't expecting so much feedback and the thought that not only others but even I might get to have some form of affiliation with other tribe members gets me so excited sdfsdfsd

It's a shame I can't read through these longer posts more carefully right now but look at the freaking time ;;;;

I'll most likely be rolling an alt Qalli. Communicating in song! So cool!

I know! This was so tempting but absolutely nothing like the image I had for my character so I can't use it, hahaha.

I have a goofy alt I might make a goro (or w/e the horse marriers are.) for a silly story.

My serious au ra is most likely going qali (song tribe) or maaybe something else but she is 100% Also moks. Like... How cool would it be to make secret friends with random au ra who know the hand gestures?~

I have a goofy alt I might make a goro (or w/e the horse marriers are.) for a silly story.

My serious au ra is most likely going qali (song tribe) or maaybe something else but she is 100% Also moks. Like... How cool would it be to make secret friends with random au ra who know the hand gestures?~

I'll add you for the time being then ^^

OKAY TIME TO SPAM-CHECK THE GAME. GET READY, EVERYONE (*O*)