Do you spend most of your life in game /playtime, and so what?

Nebbs

FFXIV ARR Released August 27, 2013

Today that is a total of 780 days

/playtime

[11:43]Total Play Time: 372 days, 17 hours, 2 minutes

% of my life in game = 47% 

Phew I don't spend most of my life here.

But still it is an awful lot and I know some are here more than me.

In that time I have

• Been in a few FCs
  • Had a few RP partners
  • Made good friends lost great friends
  • Almost left twice
  • Had RP that made me cry, laugh, get angry and just astonish and surprise me
  • Got into performing and filming
  • Spent many hours looking at walls wondering why there was no RP
  • Started an RP LS, filled it up made it a success,handed it over.. only to do it again
  • Eventually started an FC, bought a house and all that
  • Got all classes to 50 and now on my way with them all to 60
  • PvPed, PvEed
  • Eventually got over my dislike for crafting and gathering
  • And still feel I have lots left to do!

So how about you other addicts?

About 15% of my time is spent in videogames. (I usually only play FFXIV) And out of that 15% of my time in videogames, roughly 45% of that is spent afk as I'm away doing other real life things

And then people ask why I never bother with trying to gear for endgame content. Cause I aint got time for that! It's one of the reasons I've wanted to get into RP. SO the game would still be fun and I'm not worried about all my friends being geared level 60's as I struggle to get to 50.

I work a 40 hour week and when I'm not at work I am playing a video game of some sort (or sleeping). I've been told that I play games to much, but I disagree. Most of my friends are married and have families now so games are pretty much all I have to spend my free time on.

Sounds about like how I do things too. Full work week, come home and game the rest of the time.

Probably less than that.  I try to get on nightly or every other night, but gaming isn't all I do.  I work about 40-60 hours a week at my job, depending on what kind of projects I'm working on.  I have band practice on most Tuesday nights, and I try to make time to practice bass at least for a little while at least two to three days a week.  And I do spend time with my wife doing other things.  Especially now, we're gutting our basement and preparing to update all the finishes and walls.

Even then, when I'm on, I'm trying to help out my guildies, who are very often moving at their own paces through the content.  The time I spend in game is split between my various interests.  At present, I have to get my ARM into HW and raise my LTW, my WAR and DRG need to get to 60, but I spent last night trying to get my 60 cards to unlock a three-star unlimited deck.

I also have to squeeze in my RP, which I tend to do in tells even when I'm doing other things.

Can't access my /playtime from work but I can access my RPC Time Online! Let's see, joined at the end of May 2014... So it's been 16 months or so.

Time Online: 2 Months, 3 Weeks, 3 Days, 18 Hours, 10 Minutes, 27 Seconds

...o-oh...

Considering I leave myself logged in to RPC at work and at home... I don't think I want to see that time. It wouldn't even be accurate. Like your playtime in a game if you spent a decent part of it just idling.

I work a 40 hour week and when I'm not at work I am playing a video game of some sort (or sleeping). I've been told that I play games to much, but I disagree. Most of my friends are married and have families now so games are pretty much all I have to spend my free time on.

Same here. I work to get a better job, to feed myself, and to support my hobbies. That uses most of my time. A fair ampunt of my free time is spent on FFXIV, particularly raiding but often RP as well.

c99be284f242407bc19fa50a8f0d00cf.png

*Sweats nervously*

HAHAHAHA

m2nq0TN.png

And that is with FFXIV being uninstalled from Steam for months as well, before it magically found itself installed again. I admit, I suffer from "I leave my FFXIV running while I'm out at work/shops/other irl stuff", so uh, it adds up quickly.

That said, yeah, video games always have been a major thing in my life, for the best and the worst moments, games, and the friends I've met there, always been around. Something I'm grateful for. People come and go, but my love for games never changed.

Yes me too, sleep and bio are not at my screen. So maybe I can reduce those somehow.

I only work about 5 hours a day if even that (money so gewd i don't need more hours yay) so i spend a lot of my time either sleeping, out with friends, or playing video games.

Oddly enough though my playtime isn't even a hundred and fifty days. Despite ne subbing for like 600 lol 

Probably because it's not the only game I play.

Let's tally!

Ramen/Anonymous Mountain/Bohte Cheeks(Initial Famfrit character) : 21 days, 20 hr

+ Kat/Kurt : 55 days

+ Khu/U'kihl/U'reima : 13 days, 2 hr

+ Nah : 13 days, 19 hr

+ Others who somehow still have slots : 4 days, 20 hr

A grand total of *drum roll* : 108.5 days give or take. Subscribed for 390 days.

Approx. 5209 hrs of FFXIV, over the course of 10 mo's eh...damn.

What is life?

Ramen's supposed to be my every-main. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?!

And I don't, if ever, afk.

What. Is. Life?

What. Is. Life?

RNG

:P

I spend over 40 hours a week at work behind a computer, and all of my free time playing FFXIV. Spending so much time sitting down, I like to spend at least an hour or two a day exercising followed by yoga. I use my gathering time to catch up on twitch/youtube/world affairs.

Can't wait to get to Balmung and add RP in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh god do I want to see..prob not..let's check anyways..

On Zax who was my second ever main, now my real main.

149 days, 3 hours, 38 minutes.

My orginal main that i got to 50 and then changed servers and for some reason never deleted.

6 days, 17 hours, 28 minutes (i expected worse on this one)

And that's not checking my other alts so.. just with that info I've played a total of 3,741 hours on FFXIV...haha...oops..and thats including my 2 month break from the game after its release (I had this game pre ordered) 

and I don't AFK a lot, if I'm on I'm normally doing something..

<.<; ...oops?