Do you use the minions in RP?

GhostlyMaiden

I have used the Mammets for Erik since beta. I use both the normal one and the Flames one as the same creature called Montblanc, just with "different uniforms". He is Erik's personal aid, little buddy, and comic foil. His voice was damaged before Erik met him, letting him only click and whistle to signal his displeasure at being sent to deliver a message via parachute off the side of an airship, or being told with full confidence to watch a prisoner Roe or things like that. He has zero special powers and is often taken to the Goldsmiths' Guild to be repaired after some accident.

And despite my 100+ minions I just recently was given a Hunting Hawk by Clio, and it is the first time I have seriously given Erik and actual pet. Not the first time, but the first time I kicked around the idea and it stuck and didn't seem so out of place. So he has a hawk now named Zoar. Found him on one of the airships injured by the contact. Currently nursing him back to help. Its fun, I love hawks irl.

I actually use the Accompaniment node as tool to scan old allghan ruins and tell me what they were used for or anything is operable in them.

I also (thanks to being taught by kobolds) Can make and house (cherry) bombs on my property. For scientific reasons of course.

Why yes, I do. IC and even OOC, I like having the Coeurl Kitten minion. It's so cute! ;A;

IC, the kitten is Chee's ever-loyal, ever-present and affectionate kitty companion. The little kitty likes getting into things, occasionally serving as an RP hook, comic relief, or a literal source of fluff.

I also make use of the other cat minions like the Fat Cat or the Black Coeurl Kitten as RP hooks for Chee. Mainly as stray cats she likes to feed near her Free Company's estate, due to her fondness for cats. There's a little black kitten that's effectively adopted her as it's mother.

So yeah. Cat Girl with a bunch of cats. xD

My main, Doendraga, doesn't but mostly because I don't have one that would work with him lol

My alt, Nunuzaru, however does: it's an ahriman that he's bound with a curse into a harmless, smaller form which can grow to become his mount. I always have it out floating whenever I play as him, and the two share a whole dynamic and everything

I do! Cae ICly got a Lesser Panda from Terris while she was away in Coerthas, and her name is Kineta. Alair, on the off-chance she gets some RP time, has a bluebird that her soon-to-be-husband in-game (and my actual husband out of game heh) gave to her. The others don't, but that's probably because they have no need/want for pets.

No, I severely doubt I'll ever use a minion in RP either as to me its just easier to type out XYZ companion briefly when its prudent in the encounter. It does make me a sad panda however when you interact with characters whom emote for their minion more then themselves. That can just stawp, please.

It's strange, although I still haven't used any of my minions in PR, I find myself summoning the Fat Cat recently every time I got to level miner.

No matter what, I always have the Fat Cat there when I am mining. Not sure sure why I feel the need to have it there, I just do.

I actually do, but one in particular.

Nathan's Black Coeurl kitten is actually an occasional IC companion that started following him here and there during his wanderings, serving as a proxy subject for conversations, as featured in a number of my journals here. When he started wandering less and spending more IC time in a few specific places, the little creature made itself at home and was formally adopted and given the name "Minuet"

• 7 months later...

I use some of them because Jaydhe is an animal lover and they are drawn to her. A friend gifted me with a unicolt which I do use since my girl has managed to befriend a unicorn who finally trusted Jaydhe with her baby. 

That said, the only minions I'll use from an IC point of view (to date anyway) are the animal ones.

Once upon a time, Locke was known for having a little mammet named Olli who followed him around. Its mammet heart was eventually transferred into a model magitek bit, and it could then flutter about and assist in combat.

It was helpful to have a small secondary character to bring into RP, if even as a conversation piece or to go poke at an introverted RPer. An excuse for my character to run up and go 'sorry sorry!' in order to start an interaction was always nice!

Much to Ruran's dismay, and despite his sentimental attachment to the bit, Olli is no longer with him, and he currently has no IC minions. :C

The Altair/Rinannis household has a lot of pets. Via Locke/Ruran they have Bubby the mammet and Olli the magitek bit with others that Lili accumulated over time. A few of them are:

Dot the fawn (now doe) that was ICly given to Lili by a friend/employee named Rock.

Sire the goobbue sproutling. He was my first original IC minion who one day stumbled out of the Bramble Patch in the Shroud, saw Lili, and followed her all the way to Gridania. She kept him ever since. He drools, stares vacantly, toddles into things, and likes to chew on shoes and laces.

'That Fucking Bird' is a dodo Ado's old teacher Katiti gave him as a pet. The bird once had a name but is such an ornery, vicious ball of feathers that Lili doesn't call it anything but 'that fucking bird'. It's usually on the roof of the house and rarely ever comes down save to grab a quick bite and to try and peck one of the kids. It followed the Rinannis' from the Goblet and the Lavender Beds and it's just accepted as a pet though not a very loved one.

Sweetie is a female mandragora that is actually a Queen breed but was too runty to be accepted. Her flower is smaller and more delicate and she's prone to being very shy. Usually she just hides in one of the flower boxes. Lili made one of the flower boxes into a home/hiding place by planting flowers and shrubs that matched Sweetie's coloring. She was found in the garden at Locke's old office and Lili took her with them when they had moved.

Gidget is a mammet that Lili got some cycles back as a nameday gift from her three eldest children. They had worked on making it together and it usually is in the kitchen helping Lili with mundane chores.

Bubby was a gift for Locke from an old company member. It's a skittish mammet who was immediately taken too by Mikh'a, the adopted Keeper kit of the house, who loves to play with Bubby almost as much as he loves to play with Olli. The two frequently try to get Bubby to play, much to his tiny dismay.

There are others, but that's the jist of them @_@ I gave up keeping track ages ago. I try to be good about putting out minions but mrrgl.

For me, it's hit and miss.

In theory, I would love to use minions more ICly but I run into the problem of forgetting they exist 90% of the time. So I'll go the span of a hot minute with a character having a pet and loving on it, to two months down the line going 'oh right, I hope that kitten's okay'.

That said, I'll happily continue to gather up minions until I/my character snaps and just opens a menagerie.

My gladiator has a wolf pup she rescued from being trained for the Bloodsands. One of my Miqo'te has the black couerl kitten as a pet and the other one considers her carbuncle her pet (which is not helping me transition to Summoner lol).

My gladiator has a wolf pup she rescued from being trained for the Bloodsands. One of my Miqo'te has the black couerl kitten as a pet and the other one considers her carbuncle her pet (which is not helping me transition to Summoner lol).

If you're willing to spend a few bucks real cash, the carbuncle plushies come with a code for a carbuncle minion in-game. Then you can be a SMN and still have a carbuncle at your side! Plus, you know, you also get the Carbuncle plushie.

• 9 months later...

Use them all the time in RP for a variety of reasons. Our FC had a plot where a curse turned people into kappa/water imps if they showed the kappa that was protecting a relic any sign of disrespect.

Used the wind-up sahagins a few times to represent adds in Serpent Reaver RPs.

One of our Lalafell bad guys has two npc retainers that carry around the cushion minion to set down whenever he needs to sit.

My engineer got too enthusiastic about rebuilding the FC airship that the auto-pilot mammet took on a life of his own and stole the airship and we had to chase it down. Now my engineer uses it in battle as a defense mammet...

The Serpent Reavers did this...

[align=center]tumblr_ohwln736UC1vmupjpo2_540.png[/align]

[align=center]tumblr_ohwln736UC1vmupjpo3_540.png[/align]

All the time.

My witch's familiar (a fairy) is given different aether forms.

But also as active things in plots.

• walking/talking vegetables and vegetation 
  • goblin
  • possessed dolly
  • spirits of nature, evil, fire, etc..
  • animals cat/dog/bat/crab etc..
  • as far as your imagination will go