Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Feb 23! (Update Feb8)

Kage

Update 2/9/16 - The Feast will not allow potions or food and will not take morale or materia into account.

Update 2/8/16 - Beast Tribe Quest Preview is Up! Awaiting Press Release high Res images...hopefully?

Update 2/5/16 - Sephirot Trial Preview is Up! Awaiting Press Release High Res images!

Update 2/4/16 - MAIN SCENARIO QUEST AND DUNGEON PREVIEWS CAN BE FOUND IN THIS POST HERE. SE has an incomplete quest prerequisite or messed up the spoiler.

According to this JP PR Blog on lodestone, http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/fcf3e27de308a33426808dfc3fd2dc47e6152a85,  Patch 3.2 is aimed at a Feb 2016 drop date!

In 3.2 we will get a number of things.

We will get revamps to Alexander Gordias and Alexander Midas will be different as well as revamps to other gameplay balance issues such as Anima weapons and Diadem.

Addition of new main scenario quests: We'll finally be heading towards the climax of the Dragonsong War.

Addition of new side quests

Addition of Gnath beast tribe quests

Two new dungeons will be added.

We will get the Warring Triad, new primal trials!

Look at this preview!

fcf3e27de308a33426808dfc3fd2dc47e6152a85_0.png

We will also get our new Allagan tomestone (So we'll be moving past Esoterics, removing their limit, and Law will be exchanged for other items!)

The Adamantoise Mount flies into the skies in 3.2!

fcf3e27de308a33426808dfc3fd2dc47e6152a85_1.pngfcf3e27de308a33426808dfc3fd2dc47e6152a85_2.png

Information for this post gathered from

Letter from the Producer Live XXVI

JP PR Blog and 4gamer 12/29 Interview

A lot of updates fleshed out upon during the PLL 27 chronicled in the RPC thread here or can be found in the Official Forums here.

Patch 3.2, Gears of Change, will come on Feb 23.

Along with it comes new MSQ (Minfilia and the Mother Crystal), AntiTower, Lost City of Amdapor HM, Alexander: Midas NM and Savage, more PVP!, more crafting recipes!, and the first trial in The Warring Triad series: Containment Bay S1T7.

New Allagan Tomestone of Lore!

- If you have soldiery, go get poetics.

- If you have law, these will be exchanged for esoterics.

- The new tomestone gear will be Primal Themed!

ZVoSqyv.jpgzPcLkkM.jpg

Tank / Job Adjustments

Gnath beast tribe Quests!

More mounts flying!

- Adamantoise mount flies like Gamera

x6X2DMw.gif

- Gnath mount

gnath-1024x515.png

New Crafting Recipes, some are glamor without class restrictions!

Dyeable Allagan and High Allagan

7jS5rMu.jpg

New Kirimu Coat, Boarskin Skirt and Boots of Divine Light.... NOT CLASS RESTRICTED!

Greetings,

Looks like design and character teams were secretly working on adding gear that players wanted to use for glamour.

Takeo Suzuki here, the lead designer of FFXIV.

Over the years, we've received requests from players regarding specific pieces of gear they would like to use for glamour while on other classes and jobs.

Here we see the skirt portion separated from the Boarskin Skirt. We separated skirt from the base design so players can coordinate this with many other outfits.

BdGEDrz.jpg

We've heard players liked the boots from Boots of the Divine Light and wanted to coordinate with outfits from other classes and jobs, so we made this possible.

LmBZ6jV.jpg

The same goes for the Kirimu Coat. We've heard players liked this design and wanted to coordinate with more outfits from other classes and jobs, so we made this possible as well.

r1kqA0C.jpg

I'm pleased to let you know that we're going to add crafting recipes for these pieces in Patch 3.2! Please look forward to it!

And, while we're on the subject of cosplay, I know many players would like to see additional emotes they can use while taking amazing screenshots in their outfits, so recently, I discussed new emotes with the Motion team and they let slip that there just may be something in Patch 3.2! I wonder what kind of emotes they'll be....

HILDIBRAND RETURNS!

haf9Hdh.jpg

Mogwands and other 1.0 1-Handed Wands are coming out!

As mentioned previously, such as in PLL 24 and in this RPC thread, they are making 2-handed versions of these old assets. News is out that after their introduction, 1-handed versions will no longer be dropped in the content they were once rewards.

Thank you for the continued feedback regarding the ability to glamour one-handed conjurer and thaumaturge's weapons over two-handed ones. As we've mentioned in the past, the dev. team continues to look into this.

Before that, however, I wanted to let you all know that we're planning to introduce two-handed versions of popular conjurer and thaumaturge's weapons for content which currently reward one-handed versions. Their new designs will be based on their one-handed versions.

Please note that when this is introduced the one-handed versions will no longer appear as a reward from the actual content; however, players will be able to exchange their weapons for the opposite version.

The dev. team is currently working on this and aiming for release in Patch 3.2. After you give these new two-handed versions a swing, let us know how you feel about them!

It will be possible to queue for Duty Roulette as a party for the following roulettes:

Duty Roulette: Expert

Duty Roulette: Level 60 Dungeons

Duty Roulette: Level 50 Dungeons

Duty Roulette: Leveling

Duty Roulette: Trials

Duty Roulette: Main Scenario

Duty Roulette: Guildhest

And more! Any more 3.2 news (Dungeon Previews etc) will be posted when updated!!

Main Scenario Preview!

CvHuXwW.jpg

Patch 3.2 – The Gears of Change is scheduled to release on February 23, 2016! Prepare for release day with this sneak peek at the main scenario.

NbyzLPj.jpg

yH7Ky9R.jpg

qfehVpN.jpg

SYa5bTh.jpg

Truth. Peace. Reformation. These were the keys to Ishgard's salvation. So believed Ser Aymeric, acting ruler of the Holy See. However, not all shared in his dream, and in his headlong rush to unite man and dragon once more, those still bound by the fetters of the past rose up to defend their nation against the forces they feared would destroy it. Yet change─that great, inexorable wave─was upon them, and soon all of Ishgard would bend to its will.

4YasNgh.jpg

kEyeALP.jpg

amSnFgd.jpg

fElkBrK.jpg

199O2MC.jpg

Dungeon Preview

c5cbbab1c3d86361fd2edfe967a5a54f23b366c8.png

Patch 3.2 is fast approaching, and today we offer you a glimpse into the Antitower, as well as the hard mode of the Lost City of Amdapor!

≪The Antitower≫

Pivz1do.jpg

2LEV93u.jpg

Y1sXtnt.jpg

E710Sws.jpg

In all of creation, what greater mystery could there be than the fate of this very star? To sound the deepest depths, to study the aetherial sea itself─for these purposes and more was the Antitower built. Abandoned by her Sharlayan caretakers following the exodus, it has since been overrun by the magical guardians they left behind. Yet were one blessed with Her gift to brave these dangers and descend to the furthest reaches─to hear, feel, and think at the heart of this world─what would they find?

Level Requirement: Disciple of War or Magic level 60

Item Level Requirement: Average item level 180 or above

Party Size: Four players

Time Limit: 90 minutes

Quest : The Word of the Mother

Prerequisites: Players must first complete the main scenario quest "As It Once Was.

≪The Lost City of Amdapor (Hard)≫

466cdYa.jpg

fgQ6kmD.jpg

i74y71j.jpg

QqAItfO.jpg

Following the defeat of Diabolos, the unnatural pall choking the crumbling city of Amdapor was lifted, and tranquility restored to the Twelveswood. Or so it had seemed. When the Hearers entered the ruins, however, they had scarce begun consigning the stones to the forest when their elemental allies fled in a sudden panic. By the spirits’ agitated whispers did the Seedseers learn that a daunting and hostile presence yet lingered within Amdapor's moldering walls. Unable to complete their ritual of cleansing, once more have the Padjals called upon your aid. Once more must you delve deep inside the ancient city's husk, and purge its withered heart of an unknown evil...

Item Level Requirement: Average item level 180 or above

Party Size: Four players

Time Limit: 90 minutes

Quest : One More Night in Amdapor

Prerequisites: Players must first complete the main scenario quest "Heavensward," and have also completed the quest "One Night In Amdapor.”

Sephirot Battle Preview

3c4e6201ba7fa8d1e15f9b5acf674a9e22c6ff1d.png

Today's patch 3.2 preview will give players a peek at the battle with Sephirot, one of the three towering pillars of the Warring Triad.

Sephirot, the Fiend

3c4e6201ba7fa8d1e15f9b5acf674a9e22c6ff1d_0.png

Sephirot, the Fiend, was a deity once worshipped by a tree-like race native to Meracydia. Brought into being for the sole purpose of repelling the Allagan invasion, Sephirot inflicted ruinous losses upon the imperial army before finally being subdued and imprisoned in the central facility of Azys Lla. And now, millennia later, this immensely powerful entity threatens to awaken, his vengeful dreams disturbed by the careless ambitions of Archbishop Thordan VII. Topple the first pillar of the Warring Triad, or wheresoever his colossal shadow falls shall be visited by unthinkable catastrophe!

- Containment Bay S1T7

Party Size: Eight players

Time Limit: 60 minutes

Quest: When the Bough Wakes

Prerequisites: Players must first complete the main scenario quest "As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness" and have also completed the quest "Gods of Eld.

- Containment Bay S1T7 (Extreme)

Party Size: Eight players

Time Limit: 60 minutes

Quest: A Fiendish Likeness

Prerequisites: Players must first complete the quest "When the Bough Wakes."

Beast Tribe Quest Preview

In today's patch 3.2 preview, you'll get a peek at a new quest series focused on the Vath and their journey to freedom from the Overmind.

Gnath Beast Tribe Quests

The Gnath are insect-like beastmen linked in thought, compelled to serve only the Overmind. Should their link to him be severed, they are cast out from the colony, left to fend for themselves in the wilds. A number of these offscourings, known as the Nonmind, have built a community for their fellow exiles. What trials and tribulations must they overcome to truly separate themselves from the Onemind?

ceb38a1a0f671611369a8b30a5092200a05460e2_0.png

After unlocking the beast tribe daily quests, players will be able to undertake several quests which change on a daily basis. By completing them, players can improve their reputation with the Gnath. At certain milestones, you will be given the opportunity to undertake main beast tribe quests, which are episodic quests that provide insight into the lives of the Gnath.

Beast Tribe Vendor

By completing daily beast tribe quests and raising your reputation, you will be able to purchase various items such as furnishings, minions, and mounts.

ceb38a1a0f671611369a8b30a5092200a05460e2_2.png

The Feast will not take into account morale or materia. Food and potions can't be used.

Greetings fellow PvPers,

We have some additional details regarding The Feast to share with you.

During the Letter from the Producer LIVE, we mentioned that only the opposing team can pick up medals that are dropped from your teammates. However, in situations where the medals are not picked up within a certain amount of time, then they will be returned to their owner.

As The Feast will be played with an item level sync it will be treated the same as Seal Rock, where morale and the effects of materia will not be taken into account. Additionally, in order to open it up to a wider range of players, consumable items such as food and potions cannot be used.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that second picture, it looks kind of like the Adamantoise's limbs have become thrusters!

I am 99% that everyone who wanted a flying mount thought of Gamera (Godzilla etc)

tumblr_nhon4fAocD1s2wio8o1_500.gif

tumblr_o04lgn7VtM1qhf2lso1_500.png

(Dragonball even references it)

So I think SE is doing a reference to it :D

I hope the gear for the new tomestones are by role and not job. I dont need three sets of gear for my tanks, took me forever to gear them and tbh i dont have the space for 3 tank sets, a dps (still working on them), a healer set (almost done), 4 crafter's sets, my miner's set and the 4 rp outfits i have. Would save me some space if they could go like old tome sets and go by role.

Wait, who said anything about new tomestones?

That's not actually a thing, is it?

Based on the feedback that we have been receiving, we will be lowering the difficulty of Alexander: Midas (Savage) that will be implemented in Patch 3.2, while simultaneously setting the item level of the Savage weapon and the item level of the new Allagan tomestone weapon to be different. We would like to revamp the overall balance moving forward with these changes. 

Tomestones every 2 big patches, as always.

I really don't know how much longer I can run the tomestone treadmill.

Not sure what to tell you there, this is how the game has been since launch and this is how most treadmill/vertical progression MMOs have been working for a long while.

As for the preview itself...I don't think we're fighting the entire Warring Triad. Likely we're fighting Fiend/Doom first (as pictured) and then we'll fight the other two in each patch after leading up to a battle against all three in some manner.

I for one am glad that some of the content is gonna be tied to the MSQ. I just hope the MSQ lasts longer than an hour this time.

Not sure what to tell you there, this is how the game has been since launch and this is how most treadmill/vertical progression MMOs have been working for a long while.

As for the preview itself...I don't think we're fighting the entire Warring Triad. Likely we're fighting Fiend/Doom first (as pictured) and then we'll fight the other two in each patch after leading up to a battle against all three in some manner.

I for one am glad that some of the content is gonna be tied to the MSQ. I just hope the MSQ lasts longer than an hour this time.

It's always been this way, sure.

Doesn't mean that people can't or won't grow tired of it.

I really like the game and I'm trying my best to keep playing it, but I really wish that they would do something that doesn't feel like it's getting totally pointless.

here is the translated New Year Post

img01.jpg

FFXIV Producer and Director Yoshi-P here to wish all of you a Happy New Year!

On behalf of myself and the entire team, I’d like to thank you all for your continued support.

Last year saw the release of FFXIV’s first expansion, which was something we wanted to do since the early days of 1.0. The launch of Heavensward made me feel like we are now on the right track, nearly five years later.

We announced the development of Heavensward at the Fan Festivals to end 2014 with a bang, and we traveled around last year to build momentum for its release, from the Nico Nico Chokaigi, all the way to a castle in Nantes, France. We also held exciting events in the months following at E3 in the United States, China Joy in China, Japan Expo in France, gamescom in Germany, the Tokyo Game Show, and finally G-Star in South Korea.

Looking back on 2015, and how I was able to meet all of you from around the world, I must say it was a very fulfilling year.

So as of August 27, it has been two years since the release of A Realm Reborn, and five years since the release of the original FFXIV. In a way, our game is already well into its lifespan as a MMORPG. But it is my hope for 2016 that we remember how it feels to be a new player, and I want to keep this in mind as we move forward together.

As I mentioned previously, we expect to hold our second round of Fan Festivals starting from October 2016 and moving into 2017. I can’t wait to interact with you guys again on this worldwide tour! We are already planning lots of exciting announcements, events, and attractions, so please wait for more details for joining in the fun.

We will kick off 2016 moving towards the finale of our Heavensward storyline with Patch 3.2. The development team is still working hard for its release in February, but I’ll give you this sneak peek of a new feature for the new year:

Now what could this possibly be? I guess you will have to find out in the upcoming announcements!

img02.jpg

And, as per tradition with my New Year’s greeting, I would also like to share this with you...

img03.jpg

We discovered this passage on the final page of the diary of the late Archon Louisoix, savior of many during the Calamity, and grandfather to Alphinaud and Alisae. It seems he felt there was a need to translate and preserve these lines. But what are the Gerun Oracles which he refers to?

Could they be connected to the fate of Eorzea!?

Let us find the answer together this year!

FINAL FANTASY XIV PRODUCER/DIRECTOR

Naoki Yoshida

img04.jpg

Basically, I'm reading this announcement as "3.2 will introduce most of the same stuff in another format because there weren't enough complaints to justify otherwise."

If it says otherwise, please point it out towards me. This repetition is worse than running 10,000 replications of a single opener--repeating for 30+ openers of course--to find an optimal with >= 99.99% accuracy.

Edit: The game needs innovation, not addition.

Gotta agree - SE has to give us something different if they wish to keep us.

Thoughts:

* If a turtle can fly, let my griffin fight. Letting mounts other than the Chocos be our COMPANIONS is long, long, long overdue. If we throw ALL logic out the window because "aether" and "rule of cool", give me something more than just adding flight to one more existing mount.

* SE still has given me zero reason to care one jot about relics. I'm not hardcore, but even I can get ilvl 200 weapons from simple ESO rewards, so why SHOULD I waste weeks, months, after something that will have almost no real impact on my ability to beat content? The weapons don't look THAT good. So, hearing of more tomestones only seem to make this whole relic deal even LESS appealing to me, if that was even possible.

* We're terribly overdue for a revamp of the armory chest system. Erik already nailed most of my thoughts on most of it, though. We're almost to the point where they are practically trying to scam us into getting more retainers. I spent about three hours this past week doing nothing but cleaning out my retainers, chests and inventory for no other reason than to make space to finally try a craft skill - and I only have four combat classes on my main. I don't see how you omni-people do it without sticking more cash in SE's pockets for extra retainer privilege.

* I give SE credit for trying with Verminion and the Diadem, I really do. Don't faint! However, just looking at the screenshots and reading about Verminion makes my eyes burn (if others can add positive stories about it, I will defer to their experience), and the Diadem needs some tweaking to make it an enduring endgame activity. The exploration idea was a good one, but it feels, as others have put it, like just a big series of FATE bosses instead of exploring a neat new place; I'd looked forward to mining in the Diadem, but Steel Coins aside, there aren't any minerals you can get in there that can't be mined outside the place, without a party hassling you to get back to fighting. THAT was my #1 disappointment.

Finally, MSQ Spoiler alert:

* So, if the Dragonsong War ends, either we meet up with Estinien once more (dealing with him would make a logical progression even though the end cinematics of 3.1 show us looking to two other allies returning...), or they just continue with the idea that he's gone off to parts unknown, as Vidofnir suggested in the MSQ's latest end, and into a holding pattern for whenever they want us to fight Nidhogg all $##$% over again.

Gotta agree - SE has to give us something different if they wish to keep us.

Thoughts:

* If a turtle can fly, let my griffin fight. Letting mounts other than the Chocos be our COMPANIONS is long, long, long overdue. If we throw ALL logic out the window because "aether" and "rule of cool", give me something more than just adding flight to one more existing mount.

There is no "all logic" being thrown out for a tortoise flying.

It's in the fucking game that there is a flying tortoise.

Per Companions fighting, they already said this shit in a live letter. If they do it for one companion they have to do it for -every single mount-. They have to make now more unique animations for -every single mount- to do battle with. It's not feasible for their team.

If you read one of the interviews you can see how poor their staff is. They can't even make new 60 fights for the level 50 primals because the only people on their staff who can are working on, get this brilliant idea, -future content-.

Talks about they don't have any designs to add lvl 60 versions of previous primals and such right now - says that while they have a lot of staff, not many of them can design battle content, and the ones who can are of course busy with new content. Jokes about needing to recruit more staff lol (so they are understaffed in the sense that they simply don't have a lot of the people who can actually make proper content - probably plenty of minor coders and artists and etc., but not a lot to balance content and choreograph fights and such)

If we're going to be hostile about it...

It's also in the "fucking game" that I can go into the world and find a fighting Griffin, Behemoth, Ahriman, dragon, etc. I recall them being animated.

The staff being poor is also not 100% out of SE's control. They're pumping money into developing other games, which is fine and a business decision, but it is a decision nonetheless that is fair game for comment.

And if they ARE this starved for resources, then it becomes even MORE important for every decision they make to be properly weighted. Maybe they're pleasing their main fanbase, and maybe we here aren't it. So be it. But I, too, am allowed to factor that into my own evaluations of their choices.