For those who compose their posts out of game while RPing

Kuzhuk

Yep! The character limit is set exactly to FFXIV's chat limit. It'll tell you how many characters you are using and how many posts that requires, and if you click split it'll auto-split them with (continued) at the end so your partners know there's more to read.

Impressive.

If you don't mind me asking about a technical aspect about the tool: What did you use to code it?

The interactive stuff is written entirely in Javascript with HTML for the 'output' essentially and css to style it. In short, every button has a 'function' attached to it that manipulates the text or performs some kind of browser action based on rules I've defined. It's just complicated text parsing and formatting. I bought the domain name and have it hosted via google's cloud storage platform (which is neat).

I'm kind of new to all of this or it wouldn't have taken me as long as it did to write it, I bet. It took a lot of revisions cause I made a lot of mistakes along the way :blush:

What browser are you using? Does it do that from load-up? Can you reproduce the issue now and describe to me exactly what happened?

Thank you!

I have tried with Explorer, Chrome and Opera. The page is blank and appears like it is trying to load, but never does. There are no errors.

What has worked is using a VPN to the US, then it comes up. I am in the UK.

And it is a lovely thing you have done :love:

[EDIT] It's now working without the VPN.. so who knows :)

I'm using cloud platform hosting through google so it handles international accesses strangely :(

I may need to move to another host.

All is working fine now, I suspect my ISP or maybe my DNS needs changing. Unless anyone else has the issue I would say you are good where you are.

• 2 months later...