Maintenance Rage Thread

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose it could have been worse. Could be that we didn't get to play until Launch on the 27th while they fixed things.

I figure it gives me time to do a bit more searching of how things work online or as mentioned above: perhaps take a short nap.

The JP servers did not have the staring contest vs Magicked Blade on a dead tree stump? Lucky them! :D

There's quite a crowd there the last time I logged in (and got immersed in the staring contest too), some exchange insults, some share jokes (First is Error 3102, then Error 3, now it's Error Tree, I hope the next is Error Free), but most just hop onto the stump, poke the blade, and joins the club by being mesmerized by the blade's beauty for hours, figuratively. :lol:

I'm debating whether to play some Dragon's Crown or Divekick at the moment. Probably Dragon's Crown since I won't have access to my PS3 after tomorrow. Yeah I'll do that.

(but if anyone has Divekick on Steam, add Fist Boat so we can I don't know)

Well, I put rage in the title because I thought it would be amusing, but I'm still kind of disappointed that this keeps happening (and to the NA/EU servers exclusively).

Guess I'll get my time attacks done in PSO2 while I'm stuck here.

You know, hearing PSO music come on while I was playing, now seeing that... I may just have to patch PSO2 and get my Ranger back up to snuff ;-;

I just got kicked. Blaaargh. I have a busy weekend (going to a Star Trek convention, my high school reunion, grading my class's final papers, and trying to make a friend's going-away-party) and planned to have 5-6 hours to play this morning before I start my adventures in busyness. Thanks SE!

If bringing down the servers is what it takes to fix the issues, I'm all for it. .. besides, after almost six straight hours, maybe a break (and some food .. and some sleep) isn't such a bad idea.

Yeah, I'd want a break too, if I got up to get in at 2 am / 5 am! But I decided to sleep in until 7:30. Now I regret not getting up with the rest of you all.

I just got kicked.  Blaaargh.  I have a busy weekend (going to a Star Trek convention, my high school reunion, grading my class's final papers, and trying to make a friend's going-away-party) and planned to have 5-6 hours to play this morning before I start my adventures in busyness.  Thanks SE!

If bringing down the servers is what it takes to fix the issues, I'm all for it. .. besides, after almost six straight hours, maybe a break (and some food .. and some sleep) isn't such a bad idea.

Yeah, I'd want a break too, if I got up to get in at 2 am / 5 am!  But I decided to sleep in until 7:30.  Now I regret not getting up with the rest of you all.

Man that sucks you did all that planning only to fall into issues :< welp on the bright side least all the current issues are most likely being fixed.

Man that sucks you did all that planning only to fall into issues :< welp on the bright side least all the current issues are most likely being fixed.

Hah! Well, serves me right for being addicted to an MMO. I guess I should have known what I was getting myself into. The worse thing is I'm all "how many of my obligations can I cancel?" I haven't bought tickets to the Star Trek convention yet, and Kate Mulgrew cancelled her appearance, and she was the one I really wanted to see.

And i never even had time to take some screenshots ready for character profiles. Ah well i was kind of expecting something like this to happen. I started with problems on my end with my graphics card acting up. Underclocking it back to default settings seems to be working for now hopefully will hold the weekend while i can get a new one in there since i'm sure it's on it's way out.

Then this on the server end. New games on PC especially MMO's seem to always be like this in the early days. So when it happened i just sort of shrugged and figured better to get every major catastrophe out the way on day one.

Yeah, I'd want a break too, if I got up to get in at 2 am / 5 am!  But I decided to sleep in until 7:30.  Now I regret not getting up with the rest of you all.

If it makes you feel any better, there are many people who were not able to get on at 5am due to the servers locking people out cause of how many were trying to login. My friend who I was going to level with wasn't able to get on at all and had to leave for the day even though he was with me the moment the servers went live.

I always imagine that discussion, when I hear of any server maintenance:

Square Enix: Lord Vader. This is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence.

Darth Vader: You may dispense with the pleasantries, developer. I am here to put you back on schedule

Square Enix: I assure you, Lord Vader, my men are working as fast they can.

Vader: Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.

Square Enix: I tell you that servers will be operational as planned.

Vader: The Emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.

Square Enix: But he asks the impossible! I need more men!

Vader: Then perhaps you can tell him yourself when he tries to log in

Square Enix: The Emperor's logging here?

Vader: That is correct, developer, and he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.

Square Enix: We shall double our efforts.

Vader: I hope so, developer, for your sake. The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am.

But, what worries me - I didn't notice any ingame large announcements of "this server will be shut down in "... I was just kicked out :)

If it makes you feel any better, there are many people who were not able to get on at 5am due to the servers locking people out cause of how many were trying to login. My friend who I was going to level with wasn't able to get on at all and had to leave for the day even though he was with me the moment the servers went live.

Yeah i had that issue for a bit as well but i eventually was able to enter....though it makes me wonder if we should consiter a server other the Balmung as our main consitering how crowded it is constantly.

I always imagine that discussion, when I hear of any server maintenance:

Square Enix: Lord Vader. This is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence.

Darth Vader: You may dispense with the pleasantries, developer. I am here to put you back on schedule

Square Enix: I assure you, Lord Vader, my men are working as fast they can.

Vader: Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.

Square Enix: I tell you that servers will be operational as planned.

Vader: The Emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation.

Square Enix: But he asks the impossible! I need more men!

Vader: Then perhaps you can tell him yourself when he tries to log in

Square Enix: The Emperor's logging here?

Vader: That is correct, developer, and he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.

Square Enix: We shall double our efforts.

Vader: I hope so, developer, for your sake. The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am.

But, what worries me - I didn't notice any ingame large announcements of "this server will be shut down in "... I was just kicked out :)

Then you missed it, there was one. Though it was just a few minutes before the maintenance going "We will soon be taking the server down for emergency maintenance. Please log out as soon as possible." rather than anything specific with a long time to react, though thats the way of the emergency maintenance I suppose.