Maintenance Rage Thread

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm extremely sad right now. I was playing all day and then my wireless router pooped out on me for a second and DC'd me. Once that happen I got back in but the DC had left my Skype unusable. So, I made the conscious decision to restart my computer in the middle of primetime thinking that my spam technique would work again. Sadly, it didn't now I'm stuck off for the rest of the day it looks like. Ah.. well.

I certainly hope these login restrictions are lifted tomorrow. I personally am going to tough it out, but, I know a lot of folks are not going to have the patience to bear with this. Especially disheartening since I logged out earlier to play some LoL with the room mate, and now im 1017'd.

So, I'm extremely sad right now. I was playing all day and then my wireless router pooped out on me for a second and DC'd me. Once that happen I got back in but the DC had left my Skype unusable. So, I made the conscious decision to restart my computer in the middle of primetime thinking that my spam technique would work again. Sadly, it didn't now I'm stuck off for the rest of the day it looks like. Ah.. well.

Pretty much what happened to me, only my net likes to die at around 530pm everyday. Thus, I've been out since xD

I certainly hope these login restrictions are lifted tomorrow. I personally am going to tough it out, but, I know a lot of folks are not going to have the patience to bear with this. Especially disheartening since I logged out earlier to play some LoL with the room mate, and now im 1017'd.

Man that sucks, and i'm waiting it out as well. Its just really degrading to have been in the game,and then have to go do something, and come back to 1017. Some of us have it even worse, and have had no game time at all since Saturday.

Pretty much what happened to me, only my net likes to die at around 530pm everyday. Thus, I've been out since xD

I'm just so sad that these things are happening. Launch is tomorrow and there isn't a queue system or afk timer that should be in place so none of this happens. Like a lot of people have been saying SE came BACK into this MMO industry without proper preparation. Granted most launches are sloppy and messed up anyway this is just frustrating and I guess that's why I'm typing this. I'm just frustrated when I'm usually a patient person. 

I can only imagine what launch will be like without free transfers, a queue system, afk timers, or just bigger, better servers for NA and EU. :cry:

SO.

After a 10 hour workday, I look forward to getting on and finally playing again. I don't play on sundays because it is a family day for me and I'm fairly religious, but yeah. SO.

I come home.

"Error 1017"

...My reaction?

"-Twitch- That is weird. It usually gives a que when the world is full..Lets try again. :)"

"-Load screen shows up, only to stop after a second- Error 1017"

My reaction this time?

"I -will- keep trying this until it works square. Mark my words."

"-Computer crashes-"

"-initiate nerd rage-"

I feel like I am trying to cross a desert of Legos, barefooted, in search for an oasis that is Eorzea. Except the Oasis can move, and Square keeps adding more legos in between me and salvation.

Yeah, even worse when you finally get into queue for a few seconds and then it pops up a window over that with the 1017. It gives you that shred of hope and then snatches it away from you with a gleefully malicious cackle. I'm torn between rage and sadness.

Yeah had this happen to me. :( Was in a queue of only 53 people for about 10 seconds before it kicked me into a 1017. I'm gonna stick with Balmung, though, for my main.... maybe roll something to goof around with elsewhere though if I really need to itch the craving.

Does anyone have any lock down updates actually? Has SE said anything more about them?

This came from their twitter:

In order to prevent server outages due to login and world congestion, we are currently closely monitoring server loads and making adjustments to both character creation and login limits as needed.

As we approach the peak North American play hours, the North American and European servers listed below in will have their login restrictions adjusted with particular scrutiny in order to ensure a pleasant play experience for all players.

As we continue to monitor the situation, we will be allowing players to log in sequentially. This will unfortunately have the effect of causing wait times for logins to these worlds, but this is a necessary step for the sake of server stability, and we ask for your understanding and patience during this time.

Additionally, character creation restrictions are currently in place for the following worlds:

Behemoth 

Sargatanas 

Diabolos 

Gilgamesh 

Leviathan 

Balmung 

Excalibur 

Hyperion 

Tonberry 

Mandragora 

Bahamut 

Chocobo

In the event of any changes in the situation, follow-up news posts will be posted here as well.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and once again thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

I honestly haven't had any issues yet as far as logging in has been concerned. I'm gonna go out on a limb,and say it's mostly fixed out side of a few people.

You are definitely going out on a limb lol. 

On the plus side, I was able to play for 2hours before school today and encountered no errors and didn't hear of anymore errors from my FC mates.

I have a cache of whiskey to imbibe. You may join me on journeying to the land of inebriation.

Rumour has it everything feels immeasurably better with a shot of spirits.

I am at work, else I totally would! Alas, that would also make my work day/night better too. I guess I could like, do my job, but... nah! That's crazy talk! :dazed:

I only read the title and the OP but I need to let out some rage

WTF SQUARE JUST LET ME MAKE UTHER ON BALMUNG

KICK OFF PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN IDLE FOR MORE THAN 20 MINUTES, GET BIGGER SERVERS, MAKE MORE SERVERS, DO SOMETHING YOU MORONS. IT'S 1 IN THE MORNING EST, IT'S NOT LIKE IT'S PEAK HOURS. JUST LET ME CLICK THE DAMN BUTTON.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm so broken.

"Thank you very much for playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Currently, an extremely high number of players are enjoying the game. Should the number of players continue to increase at the current pace, there is the possibility that our expectations and server capacity will be greatly surpassed. Therefore, in order to maintain a stable gameplay environment, we are implementing login and character creation restrictions.

In order to be able to welcome a drastically greater number of players, we are starting as early as this week with preparations to increase our facilities, to be ready by early next week. Until that time, we will be continuing to implement these restrictions as required, and we ask for your understanding and patience.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and once again thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter."

FUCKING 4 DAYS TO GET THIS IDEA!? :frustrated:

"Thank you very much for playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Currently, an extremely high number of players are enjoying the game. Should the number of players continue to increase at the current pace, there is the possibility that our expectations and server capacity will be greatly surpassed. Therefore, in order to maintain a stable gameplay environment, we are implementing login and character creation restrictions.

In order to be able to welcome a drastically greater number of players, we are starting as early as this week with preparations to increase our facilities, to be ready by early next week. Until that time, we will be continuing to implement these restrictions as required, and we ask for your understanding and patience.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and once again thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter."

FUCKING 4 DAYS TO GET THIS IDEA!? :frustrated:

This should have been done last week, when there were issues during P4...

Woooooh! Another day with my dear old friend error 1017! *sigh* What time do I have to get up to actually get logged into this game, I wonder? Apparently 1pm EST is too late in the day, and if the last time this happened is any indication then I should just forget about trying to log-in while the sun is up for the day.

I feel like they should have prepared for people to play their game. At my job, someone would get fired for this kind of failure. People rad reviews and this is going to prevent other people from playing. Hearing I won't be able to log in and play makes me consider it already. Everyone with a job is going to be stuck in the login queue.

Everyone with a job is going to be stuck in the login queue.

Problem is there is no login queue to be stuck in, you just get a message informing you that the server is full with no indication of when you'll be able to play and your only option is to sporadically try to log in in the vain hope you'll get to play.