Maintenance Rage Thread

Everyone with a job is going to be stuck in the login queue.

Problem is there is no login queue to be stuck in, you just get a message informing you that the server is full with no indication of when you'll be able to play and your only option is to sporadically try to log in in the vain hope you'll get to play.

I personally feel this, and the "you were in a queue, but the world is full, here's your error!" are the two worst parts of how Square is handling this.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thank you very much for playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Currently, an extremely high number of players are enjoying the game. Should the number of players continue to increase at the current pace, there is the possibility that our expectations and server capacity will be greatly surpassed. Therefore, in order to maintain a stable gameplay environment, we are implementing login and character creation restrictions.

In order to be able to welcome a drastically greater number of players, we are starting as early as this week with preparations to increase our facilities, to be ready by early next week. Until that time, we will be continuing to implement these restrictions as required, and we ask for your understanding and patience.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and once again thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter."

FUCKING 4 DAYS TO GET THIS IDEA!? :frustrated:

Really? No new servers until next week?

This is going to be incredibly rough. I expect a lot of raging, scathing reviews by the end of this week.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that.. Locking character creation on launch day.. Is perhaps one of the worst ideas ever? I'm speaking in general, not including all the issues SE is having.

Now that you mention it... It is indeed quite strange, especially since they are spamming TV commercial all day long for the game's launch... But well, since the commercial is really ugly they might actually be trying to control the massive player influx by making some of them run away thanks to these awful ads =/.

Yeah. I get trying to funnel people into less populated servers to ease the congestion for everyone, and avoid having some servers that are just perfect while others have queues of 300+ people waiting to play.

But there has to be better ways of handling it. For those of us who have specific servers to be on, it's a major inconvenience.

You know, I had this thought the other day, but what if SE is trying to make the NA/EU side of the game fail for whatever reason?

I'm not saying I believe this, or that I am suggesting that is what they are doing, it's just a thought that popped into my head the other night.

You know, I had this thought the other day, but what if SE is trying to make the NA/EU side of the game fail for whatever reason?

I'm not saying I believe this, or that I am suggesting that is what they are doing, it's just a thought that popped into my head the other night.

Hahaha, I personally entertained the thought that maybe they were doing this so that NA and EU players would jump ship to JP servers and mesh there so that they wouldn't have to buy new servers. If that was a goal in mind, they apparently didn't succeed very well at it. I know my old LS and a few others were staying on the Masamune server even though that is a now a JP server.

You can get around decently well with auto translate and the fact that the Japanese have to take an English class in school. Not to mention you had duty finder which can pair you up with English players as well. Personally this is a definitely a possible route to take. If this was a game that I was not interested in RPing in and just playing, I would have taken the JP route long ago.

This makes me think Square in incapable of hosting an mmo.:cry:

I don't think this is necessarily the case.  I think that this probably has quite a bit to do with their Montreal data center.

I don't know why they would put the datacenter in Montreal.  I told my Canadian friends (including several from Quebec) and they all laughed and laughed.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that.. Locking character creation on launch day.. Is perhaps one of the worst ideas ever? I'm speaking in general, not including all the issues SE is having.

It's not just you. I tried to get one of my WoW addict friends into this game in open beta but the inability to create our characters on the same server (literally, he'd make his character and within 30 seconds it'd be locked so I couldn't create mine) pretty much killed it for him. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but if they're hoping to entice those on the fence, they're going about it the wrong way.

Bleh literally impossible to play at certain hours. The sad thing is evenings are when i'll mostly be wanting to play and by that time i can't even get in. I guess we are expected to pay for a service that we can only use when they let us use it xD. I hope the situation improves soon i do enjoy the game but if i can't even play it and can't make any progress then no point paying for it.

Everyone with a job is going to be stuck in the login queue.

Problem is there is no login queue to be stuck in, you just get a message informing you that the server is full with no indication of when you'll be able to play and your only option is to sporadically try to log in in the vain hope you'll get to play.

I personally feel this, and the "you were in a queue, but the world is full, here's your error!" are the two worst parts of how Square is handling this.

Agreed. It's really kind of baffling. Other MMOs have added servers when they saw how slammed their existing servers were, or upped population caps. While I can understand not wanting to open the floodgates at the sacrifice of server performance... I still don't quite understand the lack of login queues. 1017s are far more frustrating, IMO, than having to wait in a queue.

Hahaha, I personally entertained the thought that maybe they were doing this so that NA and EU players would jump ship to JP servers and mesh there so that they wouldn't have to buy new servers. If that was a goal in mind, they apparently didn't succeed very well at it. I know my old LS and a few others were staying on the Masamune server even though that is a now a JP server.

You can get around decently well with auto translate and the fact that the Japanese have to take an English class in school. Not to mention you had duty finder which can pair you up with English players as well. Personally this is a definitely a possible route to take. If this was a game that I was not interested in RPing in and just playing, I would have taken the JP route long ago.

haha, they have to get new servers because so many jumped ship to a jp server. The jp servers are now getting 1017 errors. They literally ran out of server space on the first day of launch.

haha, they have to get new servers because so many jumped ship to a jp server. The jp servers are now getting 1017 errors. They literally ran out of server space on the first day of launch.

Well, some cultures do consider americans to be a virus, I guess we spread and caused an epidemic.

Maybe they bought something like an old u-store-it place in Canada, and that's why they put them there. Dusty and poorly lit, with some backdoor doctor's "office" in the next storage building, and a bunch of homeless drunks camped on the front lawn (which is all brown and rotten). lol

Just spent an hour trying to relog from my main to my alt which, at the time, had an IC meeting in an hour. Currently 15 minutes late, so likely missed it completely =w=

Edit:

And with that I'm in.. great and all since I didn't even want to play =w=