Maintenance Rage Thread

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll likely be one of the subscribers that leave after the first month. Not any point paying for a shoddy service and a game i can't even play when i want to play it. I thought they were only capping populations at peak hours anyway not all the time.

If this was any other company people would be going mad about everything but SE is like Valve people just ignore any problems because they are too busy having a fan orgasm xD.

AFK timers are easy to avoid anyway and they will just cause problems for people who take breaks for food and stuff. They could probably do a server reset at certain hours to get past people just idling on the servers all day and taking up space but that would take effort on their part  and people would get around it anyway.

Still waiting for solutions to problems they knew they had during beta but ignored. Instead of solutions they just offer blocks to stop people playing the game.

It's a bad situation, but I for one will stay. I'm too eager to enjoy and live in this game, and to finally have the chance to start RPing my characters (which hasn't happened yet). Nothing should stop me once the servers are fixed.

In the meanwhile, we can have lives today and tomorrow ^^

I made it into a 30-person queue, then got the 1017 error.

What? :c

Been happening to me all weekend.  :(

I haven't had anything aside from lobby errors and 1017 until today. :c I figured it was more of a PC issue, but apparently not. Servers are exploding?

I'm more amused by the fact that monday afternoon is hellish but the weekend was fine.

It's a bad situation, but I for one will stay. I'm too eager to enjoy and live in this game, and to finally have the chance to start RPing my characters (which hasn't happened yet). Nothing should stop me once the servers are fixed.

You have more faith than i do. I doubt we'll see any magic wand fix in the next couple of days or even the next couple of weeks.

The only time it will be fixed is in the next couple of months when 80% of the population has dropped the game.

You have more faith than i do. I doubt we'll see any magic wand fix in the next couple of days or even the next couple of weeks.

The only time it will be fixed is in the next couple of months when 80% of the population has dropped the game.

Well, it will be a problem if the game isn't fixed in the next couple of weeks, even for me @x@

That's a situation the devs wouldn't want, so I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to fix everything as fast as possible. I don't mind waiting a couple of days and see how it goes. Once the game is fixed, we'll have the chance to play it as much as we want, after all!

Apparently they are addressing the issue....ON JAPANESE SERVERS.

Of course only Japan is important the fact us western plebs can't log in either is no big deal xD

I'm sure they just copy/pasted the JP announcement like the last couple times, without changing the details to be relevant to us.

Once the game is fixed, we'll have the chance to play it as much as we want, after all!

I wish that were the case. Most people I know are returning to school/college/uni within the next few weeks so I can understand why they're frustrated.

I'm personally awaiting responses from several employers so I don't know how much my playing time will be affected should I get a job any time soon.

I still really, really think implementing an AFK timer would help the situation a little bit. I logged on at about 10am or so this morning and I still had to get into a queue. I can understand there being a few EU players logging on and such, but let's be honest - It's probably the AFKers that are causing that. They really do get under my skin though, so you can ignore that if you so choose. I'm not asking anyone to start a debate on AFKers, they're just something I like to grumble about!

But...yeah. I think I'm just particularly miffed with it today because I spent a good 1.5 hours wiping on Titan this morning. Had my lunch, got disconnected at about 2am, spent the next two hours trying to log back in. I think i'm just going to call it for the time being.

At least I got some sketches done, I guess? Still not my idea of fun, though. Not to mention I'm running the game on the Ps3 in the living room so my time is limited before the folks want to use the TV - I can't afford to keep it running forever, either, so I'd rather log off between breaks and such to save on electricity.

...I think I went a little bit off-topic there, but there's my maintenance-erhmagerdtheserversaredown-rage-thing. And sort-of a response to that quote, though I don't intend to sound like an ass in this so if it comes across like that...feel free to shout at me :>

Apparently they are addressing the issue....ON JAPANESE SERVERS.

Of course only Japan is important the fact us western plebs can't log in either is no big deal xD

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/78421-NA-All-Worlds-Maintenance-%28Sep.-3%29

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/0edd08e8117972bca5bb6abbb07c1574f8a6f73a

It's not just Japanese servers. They will be addressing the issues across all servers. How successful they will be is still up in the air but they are working on it.

What I'd like to know, is why do servers have more characters linked to realms that do not have the space to support such a population?

Seriously, I've considered character creation slots and server slots to be one in the same for the longest time. When the server was full it generally meant no more characters would be accepted and its business as usual. I would still be able to log in and play, just that people couldn't join the servers we play on. None of that world is full business. And that is really the heart of this problem.

I still really, really think implementing an AFK timer would help the situation a little bit.

I doubt it would help much. It's rather easy for some to set up a simple little bot or the like to regularly hit a key every so often while they lurk in their inn room to avoid getting punted. It only takes one person putting it on reddit or a similar site to have every one of the AFKers using it.

So, yeah, it might help very briefly but it's by no means a fix.

What I'd like to know, is why do servers have more characters linked to realms that do not have the space to support such a population?

Seriously, I've considered character creation slots and server slots to be one in the same for the longest time. When the server was full it generally meant no more characters would be accepted and its business as usual. I would still be able to log in and play, just that people couldn't join the servers we play on. None of that world is full business. And that is really the heart of this problem.

See, that doesn't work at all once the game ages a month or two, and we begin to see inactive accounts. Characters that just kinda stay in the server databases until such time the player logs back in.

See, that doesn't work at all once the game ages a month or two, and we begin to see inactive accounts. Characters that just kinda stay in the server databases until such time the player logs back in.

The problem you run into here it that they plan for X number of players to be on a server at one time. The X is based on the number of people they expect to be playing at what they believe will be peek hours. the number of characters they allow to be created (new characters only here, Alts mean nothing as the player cannot log into two at the same time) would be Y. And they get Y by looking at the number of people they expect to be on at "odd" hours. (meaning they plan for more people than the server can handle at one time, but they don't expect those people to all be on at once)(basically they are kiting the servers load trying to keep it mostly full at all hours to make a better community)

Since not everyone is in the same time zone, they expect people with normal jobs to only be on at normal hours, those hours are the peek hours. The problem they are running into right now is that the number of players that joined the game is way above the number of people they planed for. So much so that even the JP servers have been overcrowded by the overflow of the NA/EU servers.

This means that not only did they not guess the correct number of people for the NA/EU, but they so under guessed it that all 50 of their servers are at max cap. and people are still locked out. This tells me that they need to add the capacity of another 15-20 servers for the NA/EU

Still locked out of Gilgamesh and Balmung character creation. Have made characters on Faerie, Siren, Midgardsormr, Adamantoise, Coeurl, Behemoth, Goblin, Ultros, Cactuar, and Lamia over the past week, since THOSE would be full and I'd have to hope another server wasn't. Those are all saying full now as well. Not a single US/EU server is allowing creation as I look, not one. Even if I wanted to keep trying, I keep getting lobby errors and booted away.

I withhold judgement until the promised Wednesday server updates, but I've had plenty of free time as is to read or watch a movie. I'm just a little despondent over things at the moment.

From the Loadstone

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn to perform the operations listed below. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

[Details]

- Addition of new Worlds

- Implementation of countermeasures to handle the influx of concurrent user counts as a result of split processing the duty finder

- Address several known issues

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after the date and time below.

* We will announce details of the fixes at a later time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]

From Sep. 3, 2013 5:00 p.m. to Sep. 4, 2013 3:00 a.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

This should mean that Wed. morning we will see the new servers and the problem will hopefully be fixed.

Hopefully we'll all be able to look back at the launch issues and laugh soon enough...assuming they're alleviated for the majority of players on Wednesday. I'll be out on a trip most of Wednesday though so I probably won't get to play properly until Thursday. I'm very eager to be able to create another character on Balmung, so I hope the character creation process won't be locked.

People are just assuming everything will be solved by Wednesday lol. I honestly thing these issues will be ongoing for at least another few weeks. After the first month a chunk of players always drop a new MMO so that will mean things get easier for people who want to play. Until then i expect the same problems.