Maintenance Rage Thread

I'm not even sure why I disconnected earlier, but it was just after a dungeon run that went very well and my fellow party members were just about to go for a second round and invite me to their FC. I couldn't get back online before the maintenance started and I can't even remember their names. It's a shame, since I probably won't cross paths with them again and they likely think I just up and left after the dungeon was over...

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*hugs Rogier*

It will be better soon.

It has to be. Can't get much worse..... right?

:frustrated:

well, not being able to log on to anything is about as bad as it could possibly get, so yea, I guess you could say I am at rock bottom. frustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.gif

is the new server fix/upgrade in place yet? I really want to get to play rogier.

was playing earlier today before i was shot down by a 90k errir..then couldnt find the na server list. after that 2002 stopped me from trying anything else. finally got past it and guess what? 1017. its saturday, so everyone is going to be reying to get on so i guess i wont be on much today. 

so fed up with this, and i am patient and have high tolerance. but from a business perspective they should have known better from phase 4/early acess

First my game couldn't even reach the lobby server...then NA/EU world list didn't load...then I tried to create a character to the only JP server open for new characters...and that was full as well >:C

What I don't get is why the queue only pops if there's 30 or so people waiting. I'd rather queue on place 3000 and do something else while waiting, rather than log in every couple of minutes just in case I won't be hit on a face with giant wall of 1017.

AWW SNAP KAKES.  Lawl been playing all week fine and into the weekend.  However I just caught me a power overload of 9000 and it looks like im out for the night for sure.  Its aight though I have been playing non stop for almost 3 days its a good time for a break.  Just hope I can get back on before the beach party on the first. 8-)

Welp, error 90000 and severs can't update. Guess that's all the playtime I'm getting today.

My deepest sympathies to my party back there as I was the tank for the group. :blush:

Is it weird that it hpnd to both of us at the same time?  Maybe 90000 is their shifting allowing new players on lol.

I disconnected randomly - again - earlier this evening so I went for a power nap to sulk and recharge. I just woke up and can't get online so I guess there's another round of maintenance going on? If so, how long will it last for? Still, I can't complain: I managed to defeat Titan and it was a very fun fight! It took a little getting used to but I much prefer the four player part model to the typical five player model that most MMO's run with. As a DPS I feel like I'm a lot more valuable to the group. The other DPS died near the end of the fight so I had to literally unleash everything I had to chip away at the last chunk of Titan's health during our fourth attempt at slaying him.

Apparently there's an issue with instancing again. I was in the middle of playing and teleporting while my boyfriend was entering an instance and we both got kicked out. Our internet was acting fine, but apparently there's some issues with the instance/teleporting stuff. Afterward you get kicked out and can't even get past the NA/EU thing.

Im so glad I got to play last night because I knew this BS was gonna happen today (and most likely the next two days).

Also why do devs *always* mess this up? Every single launch I have been in (and it's been quite a lot), there has been the same old "OMG we didnt plan for this many people, we only set up the game to allow x number of folk!" And then you end up with ques a mile long (which is preferable to this nonsense).

Yoshida even admitted in his latest post that they only set up the servers to support 5000 connections. And that he was surprised that so many people wanted to play... so instead of underestimating the amount of potential players (or just ignoring the sales figures for FF games in the west maybe?), why not set up the servers to allow more than what you think might be wanting to play? And then if you have to scale back the servers so they arent hooking up as many connections. That would make more sense to me than to make the connection amounts so tiny... and yes, 5k is tiny considering there are over 6 billion people on the planet. :P

I'm not a server tech person (I minor in IT and do fixit type stuff), so I am not going to pretend to know what I'm talking about, nor do I think I could have done this better... but them Im not a game dev either so it doesnt matter. lol

Yoshida even admitted in his latest post that they only set up the servers to support 5000 connections. And that he was surprised that so many people wanted to play... 

Ummm...what? He said 230k was the limit.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/76132

Edit: I think I understand, you meant 5000 per world. Or at least I hope you did.

Yes, that's what I meant, sorry for the confusion/consternation. :)

You're traveling through another dimension - a dimension not only of sight and sound but of carbuncles. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of server errors. That's a signpost up ahead, your next stop: Error 1017!

You're not alone in this fight and i'm sure we're not the only ones xP

Its happened to me before, usually i wait a little while before coming back and its all settled out.

Now getting into the que and server itself would be the second problem xD