Maintenance Rage Thread

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are gonna ask us to move to lower populated servers, I hope for my inner rage's sake that I can move my character to them or stuff is going up in flames (Ok not really), but seriously.

I like how I have played a total of 3 hours today, and that's good compared to what some of the rest of you got to play...so much for early access.

P.S. :frustrated:

If they are gonna ask us to move to lower populated servers, I hope for my inner rage's sake that I can move my character to them or stuff is going up in flames (Ok not really), but seriously.

I like how I have played a total of 3 hours today, and that's good compared to what some of the rest of you got to play...so much for early access.

The thing is, there aren't any "low population" NA/EU servers.  They're all - seriously, all of them - bursting at the seams.  The only "low population" servers are JP servers.

And this is why you make sure you actually have a reasonable spread of servers for each region, instead of throwing a bunch of servers in for one island nation and the same number of servers for everywhere else.

Who do I have to call to complain about this boneheadedness? Really, now...

The thing is, there aren't any "low population" NA/EU servers.  They're all - seriously, all of them - bursting at the seams.  The only "low population" servers are JP servers.

The worst thing about this is, this is only pre orders/legacy. You still have another bunch of people incoming at launch.

So, this login restriction thingy is applied in the form of Error 1017?

Wonder why we can't simply do the ol' good queue :D

I know right? At least with a queue, even if they tell you youre number 900, you can just leave it there to do its thing. Without the Q, everyone is trying to log in over and over again which probably doesnt help.

Yeah they either need to strengthen their servers or double the amount of Servers we have now. I honestly just feel like they made this game for a only a handful of people to play, I don't think they were expecting it to be popular. I just hope they do something before we have to start paying for this, cuz like many people said it's only going to get worse.

ok...

So yeah that video was pretty spot on >< rofl

Seriously wondering how they're going to solve this before actual release.  I'm at work right now so the pre-release rage isn't as intense as some of the people who were hoping to enjoy this the whole weekend.

But wow... just wow ><

Ok let's make this fun.

Tell me what your character would do with this forced downtime! Sleep? Drink? play with their minons?? I'll try to draw some of them before I fall asleep.

Lalafell punting

My sides! Ow, ow, ow! I just fell out my chair laughing at the image of a Roe punting Lalafells and Miqo'te as the goalkeeper.

Ok let's make this fun.

Tell me what your character would do with this forced downtime! Sleep? Drink? play with their minons?? I'll try to draw some of them before I fall asleep.

Kira would just continue her patrols between Ul'dah and Gridania. She's kinda boring. :P

Ok let's make this fun.

Lalafell punting

My sides! Ow, ow, ow! I just fell out my chair laughing at the image of a Roe punting Lalafells and Miqo'te as the goalkeeper.

Sounds like the perfect thing to draw! :D

Ok let's make this fun.

Lalafell punting

Please tell me you'll be here all week!

On a side note: Penny would be reading in her inn room or practicing her magic. She's boring when she's alone.

Ok let's make this fun.

Kira would just continue her patrols between Ul'dah and Gridania. She's kinda boring. :P

I'm with Kira on this one.  As soon as I can snag my chocobo I'll put him in Behemoth armor and commence being gallant and saving all the ppl!

But during down time... maybe Brave would be smithing...

Ok let's make this fun.

Lalafell punting

Please tell me you'll be here all week!

On a side note: Penny would be reading in her inn room or practicing her magic. She's boring when she's alone.

I think my guy might slowly descend into insanity if he has to be alone for too long. :P I guess you have to be a little crazy to punt Lalafell as a hobby.

In my head, this sort of situation would be akeen to being trapped in a bedroom and told periodically that the door will eventually unlock if you keep trying. So I think he'd just pace around every now and then to find something that can keep his attention while he waits. Doing things like flipping through books he has no interest in, lying on the bed and tossing a ball in the air repeatedly, staring out the window, and falling asleep.

And this is why you make sure you actually have a reasonable spread of servers for each region, instead of throwing a bunch of servers in for one island nation and the same number of servers for everywhere else.

Who do I have to call to complain about this boneheadedness? Really, now...

In hindsight it is easy to make such a call, but during the decision all Square had was the numbers from 1.0 plus their expected growth with 2.0. Since business don't employ Miss Cleo, they really only had two possible options, too few or too many servers, each with their own list of problems. 

Either way they had to choose between two wrong choices, and then adjust as they find out the real numbers. 

As for what my characters would be doing :

Tomas would be talking a break under some shade out in Thanalan, after doing some mining.

Iitryo would be reading in his room,