Maintenance Rage Thread

-presses start, selects character-

-See's loading screen, holds breath-

"Worlds are currently full, Please wait till and opening is available and try again soon" -1017

-Cries deeply to self-

I gave up and went to do my dailies in WoW. :-\

ewwwwww -walks away slowly-

At least I can log in! :( :cry:

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just refreshing this page every couple of minutes for the sheer comedic value of it all. You guys are amazing despite not being able to play or RP with any of you. ♥

Be sure to add Athir Nunh when we do get to log in, if you are on Balmung that is. (and yes I know the name is not entirely lore correct, I only checked on it after I made the character which is a mistake obviously)

I'm just refreshing this page every couple of minutes for the sheer comedic value of it all. You guys are amazing despite not being able to play or RP with any of you. ♥

Be sure to add Athir Nunh when we do get to log in, if you are on Balmung that is. (and yes I know the name is not entirely lore correct, I only checked on it after I made the character which is a mistake obviously)

Don't worry. I suck at making names so I use this name generator for my characters. They are all lore inspired and follow the naming practices.

Don't worry. I suck at making names so I use this name generator for my characters. They are all lore inspired and follow the naming practices.

Bit late for me there :P unless I can namechange

Hmmmm.

I'm not sure when the last time I suffered a launch like this was.

I mean, Aion had queues, PSO2 had some pretty terrible lag, TERA... actually, pretty sure TERA was smooth, and for some reason I can't remember anything about GW2's launch (not sure if that's a good thing...), but I can't recall a single instance where I was completely unable to log-in on the second day whatsoever, and also unable to run any dungeons even when I can log in.

This is really the worst early access period I've ever seen. Granted, I wasn't there for WoW's launch, or RIFT's, or TOR's, or TSW's, but you know, I really don't care. This is beyond incompetent. Someone, somewhere, really, really fucked it up.

Bit late for me there :P unless I can namechange

You could just say your character was born outside of a tribe, you know.

HOLY #$%@ I GOT A LOGIN QUEUE!

Glory hallelujah, I made it in!

Oh my God, you guys. Don't do this to me. You're not even actually in, are you? You just wanted me to try again. For the seventeenth time. In two minutes.

No, it's cool. At least I haven't hit the part where I sob helplessly yet. I can look forward to doing something today.

HOLY #$%@ I GOT A LOGIN QUEUE!

Glory hallelujah, I made it in!

Oh my God, you guys. Don't do this to me. You're not even actually in, are you? You just wanted me to try again. For the seventeenth time. In two minutes.

No, it's cool. At least I haven't hit the part where I sob helplessly yet. I can look forward to doing something today.

My friends been playing since the servers originally came back up. He's been teasing me this whole time.

Really this isn't to bad I would have to say cause when SWTOR was pushed out to fast by EA games the early access had two hours of maintenance every 2 hours, when a game has the MMO title on it it should just be expected that the early access people are last last people they use as genie pigs to test how their severs handle 20 mil people getting on.

I think I still win on getting contusions on my hand from falling ... *icepack* you know ... sheer boredom so I trip on my cat and fall into a bureau

I'll prolly try again soon.  Got a pretty Elezen ... eleezen ... eee ... elf ... character in mind!

I've gotten a queue several times.

Every time it's kicked me out at the end with "world server is full."

Like I said, I'm really frustrated with the whole situation.  I wish they would either just keep me in queue until the world isn't full, or not give me a queue at all if the world is full and I'm not going to get in anyway.

Hmmmm.

I mean, Aion had queues, PSO2 had some pretty terrible lag, TERA... actually, pretty sure TERA was smooth, and for some reason I can't remember anything about GW2's launch (not sure if that's a good thing...), but I can't recall a single instance where I was completely unable to log-in on the second day whatsoever, and also unable to run any dungeons even when I can log in.

This is really the worst early access period I've ever seen. Granted, I wasn't there for WoW's launch, or RIFT's, or TOR's, or TSW's, but you know, I really don't care. This is beyond incompetent. Someone, somewhere, really, really fucked it up.

GW2's launch was actually the smoothest I've ever seen. The auction house was bugged out and we couldn't fully use it for like a week, but I think that was the worst part about it. I don't recall ever being kicked out for a bunch of "emergency maintenances" and I don't remember anybody complaining that dungeons weren't working. Just that they were too hard.

Hmmmm.

GW2's launch was actually the smoothest I've ever seen. The auction house was bugged out and we couldn't fully use it for like a week, but I think that was the worst part about it. I don't recall ever being kicked out for a bunch of "emergency maintenances" and I don't remember anybody complaining that dungeons weren't working. Just that they were too hard.

I seem to vaguely remember a weekend where there was some big issue, not the auction house thing

I'm gonna go saunter off and get some more food because I ate the food that I had prepared for this morning when I wanted to play a bit and I'm hungry again. 

On a side note: When I try to watch the opening movie displayed at the start menu of the game I only get the bottom half of the screen. The top half is cut off with a black screen. Is that normal?