Maintenance Rage Thread

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly? This thread title is stupid. MMO launches tend to be nothing short of 'disastrous'.

In truth, FFXIV's, while bad? Isn't remotely as bad as many other MMOs.

EVE boot.inl anyone?

WoW 2 WEEK stability drama PLUS the Sliding Corpse Bug?

Pretty sure WoW's got, what, 7 Million Plus players still despite having one of the longest, horrendous launches in MMOs?

Quit. Complaining. If you're unhappy, cancel your pre-orders. Otherwise, deal with it.

I think that is quite possibly the worst way to come at the people on this thread. People have been here for a variety of reasons and I haven't seen one as problematic as you. Sure, there are some things that are over the top and people can seem a bit too mad at times but this is in no way a good thing to say to already irate people. 

These people have worked to save up for this game, payed their preorder, played through the beta phases and open beta and then played for the first day of Early Access when we thought these problems would be fix. And I feel that most of their frustration is correctly placed in the right areas though, some aren't.

But for you to come in here after so much fuming as been done and people have calmed down is only poking at a bee hive. You aren't contributing to the conversation at all you're only bashing these folks for being frustrated. Let them fume in peace instead of speaking something that gives nothing to any type of conversation here. 

We are dealing with it and it's great to have this thread so that people bounce ideas off one another about what to do next. The funny posts that have been added to help simmer down the irate mood is great and like I said you're just coming in here to cause trouble.

I am also on Valefor but I stopped because I didn't want to have to redo to the same stuff over when and if the servers come back for NA and EU.

+1.

It's kind of nice having a single rage thread for this kind of thing, to be honest. Much nicer than the official forums that are usually just a sea of "WHY ARE THE SERVERS DOWN" flamefests - I think this thread is pretty tame and reasonable, really. It's nice to have somewhere to go to when the servers flop. Everyone needs to vent sometimes. This sort of thing is kind of normal when a new MMO launches, yes, but it doesn't mean people can't have a good whine about it when it does happen.

Regardless of whether we expect it to happen or not! A good rant is fine so long as it doesn't escalate into a conflict.

Snip

I think their post was more directed at people who're acting like it's the end of MMOs as we know it. People have a right to be a little frustrated and upset, but they should also be aware that this is very typical of an MMO launch. It's gunna happen, it's happened before and it won't even be the last time. To be honest, most head starts are just a tricky way of continuing beta with the live severs. It's a final check before launch more than anything.

So in short, everyone needs to simmer down. It's all going to beeeee okaaaaay. ;)

Hi all!  I am back after being away for 20 hours offline.  I haven't been following the game news since yesterday evening.  Now, I am getting error 1017: the world is full.  Is everyone else having this problem too?

We have been having this problem aaaalllll daaaaay.

Hi all!  I am back after being away for 20 hours offline.  I haven't been following the game news since yesterday evening.  Now, I am getting error 1017: the world is full.  Is everyone else having this problem too?

Welcome back and most aren't getting in anyway. So that is nothing to worry about or anything new. Some are going to Valefor in the JP servers just to get some play time in. It is sparsely populated compared to our servers and there are a lot fo NA/EU refugees over there.

Ah, thanks for the update! I've found the official Twitter very unhelpful for news because one hasn't been update in 18 hours and the other takes me to links that won't load half the time.

I think I'll veg and watch some Netflix for a while and see if I have better luck in an hour or two.

Is release still Tuesday? If we're still having the same problems as yesterday, it's hard to imagine everything being fixed by the day-after-tomorrow! But maybe tomorrow will be better as folks head back to work.

As annoying as it is to have the servers limiting the number of people on at a time I don't really mind having to wait to get to play. I'd rather them do this sort of stress testing now so that at launch we hopefully won't run into the "Can't communicate with the Duty finder server" error that was a pretty big issue yesterday. Now if they were having to do this during a time where we were all paying our subscriptions then that would be another story all together.

I guess SE NA's networking dept didn't get a hold of SE's main marketing dept in terms of the whole server population cap / Subscription type (8 chars per server) issue.  :dodgy: I think Yoshihisa Hashimoto is gonna have a lot of answering to do come release if he doesn't open up the pockets and invest in better servers.

It seems like they didn't adjust the server cap from beta phase. What is the current server population cap anyways? Anyone know?

Hi all! I am back after being away for 20 hours offline. I haven't been following the game news since yesterday evening. Now, I am getting error 1017: the world is full. Is everyone else having this problem too?

Yep! I'm getting that as well so you aren't alone. Which I suppose means we can't get on until a bunch of people log off? Which seems unlikely. Everyone is eager to play afterall. I'm not 100% sure how servers work for MMO games..

As annoying as it is to have the servers limiting the number of people on at a time I don't really mind having to wait to get to play. I'd rather them do this sort of stress testing now so that at launch we hopefully won't run into the "Can't communicate with the Duty finder server" error that was a pretty big issue yesterday. Now if they were having to do this during a time where we were all paying our subscriptions then that would be another story all together.

wouldn't mind this, if I had been able to play more than a couple hours this morning before all the errors started. since then I haven't been able to log in to any of my characters. nothing but no servers and 1017.

Snip

I think their post was more directed at people who're acting like it's the end of MMOs as we know it. People have a right to be a little frustrated and upset, but they should also be aware that this is very typical of an MMO launch. It's gunna happen, it's happened before and it won't even be the last time. To be honest, most head starts are just a tricky way of continuing beta with the live severs. It's a final check before launch more than anything.

So in short, everyone needs to simmer down. It's all going to beeeee okaaaaay. ;)

No I want to rage in here.  It won't be okay damn it!

I don't understand why people post like this in a topic meant to help people just vent.  Makes no sense.

*sighs*

Aaaanyway, I've still been getting the "can't connect to NA/EU servers" all day.   So husband been playing Saint's Row 4 and I've been checking forums and watching tv mainly.

Hoping it's better tomorrow.

FFXIV_1323846197.jpg

"Okay, time to log in!"

FFXIV_1323846305.jpg

"What do you mean you can't find the NA/EU Server List?"

FFXIV_1323846304.jpg

"I said log in!"

FFXIV_1323846372.jpg

"Maybe if I reboot...?"

FFXIV_1323846362.jpg

"Still?! Are you kidding me?"

FFXIV_1323846388.jpg

"Maybe I'll go do something else for a bit..."

FFXIV_1346902563.jpg

FFXIV_1323846294.jpg

"Let's try... OOOH! I got to the character select screen!"

FFXIV_1323846273.jpg

"I'm logging in! I'M LOGGING IN!!"

FFXIV_1323846255.jpg

"WHAT?! ERROR 1017?! %$@#!!"

I sincerely wish I had better news, but this is what has come across twitter in the last few minutes:

Login Limitation After Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 25): Follow-up 2

As we previously announced, we are continuing to limit the number of logins following the emergency maintenance on Aug. 25, 2013 from 15:30 to 16:30. We are slowly lifting the login restriction to prepare for the upcoming user influx that we expect during peak hours. If you are currently unable to login, please try again at a later time.

Again, we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone, but we would like to ask for your continued cooperation to make this a stable environment.

And then this:

Login Limitation After Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 25): Follow-up 3

We have confirmed that the issues on the North American/European data center Worlds have resurfaced. Therefore, we have placed a severe login restriction in order to stabilize the servers. 

While you may continue to have a difficult time logging into the game, please note that the issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone for an extended period, but we would like to ask for your continued cooperation to make this a stable environment.

So it appears that most of us aren't going to be able to get in.

We have confirmed that the issues on the North American/European data center Worlds have resurfaced. Therefore, we have placed a severe login restriction in order to stabilize the servers. 

While you may continue to have a difficult time logging into the game, please note that the issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone for an extended period, but we would like to ask for your continued cooperation to make this a stable environment.

New follow-up just posted, this suggests to me that 90% of the issues they're having right now are due to congestion. Too many people all trying to login at the same time, all clogging up the same zones at the same time, all trying to do the same quests and dungeons at the same time.

I'm not sure they'll honestly be able to fix this unless they actually upgrade the hardware on their servers, which could take quite a bit of time in and of itself. These issues will more then likely all go away after a day or two once the server population stabilizes.