Maintenance Rage Thread

I'd say Open Beta Phase 5 is going well guys! Keep up the bug reports! Maybe next month, we'll get new servers! Sorry, I'm irritated. I feel bad for Gilgamesh people, Balmung people and everyone else. I don't understand how they did not anticipate this? I mean, Phase 4 shoulda said.. hey guys we got some serious problems here. I just hope Square doesn't decide Scrap the NA/EU servers and scrap NA support. There is very few good mmos out there, that's why FF14 is already hitting demands. Although, Square reaction time + handling this etc can be a breaking decision for people. That's what I'm worried about.

I would rage but this nothing compared to the launch of simcity 5.

Imagine not being able to get past the launcher of a game for an entire week, not even for singleplayer.

You actually got that game? Shame on you. Supporting vile EA like that

No, I'm selfish, I just wanted to play the new SimCity, it's still fun.

It's pointless fighting EA, we lost back in 2005 when everyone let them get away with the first concept and deployment of overpriced DLC packs.

That's because you can't get people to boycott EA. ZOMG BATTLEFIELD MADDEN 8!

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than ten times in a row was I teased by the loading screen before it told me that the world was full. The last time I tried, even the music went quiet and it loaded for a little while before the connection lost.

I wanted to cry, I think.

Now the EU/NA world list isn't even showing. This is cruel and unusual torture.

I'd say I'm never logging off again, but I didn't log off. I crashed while zoning. *sigh* Well, once 3am rolls around the servers might be clear enough to log in.

WoW's launch had lots of hilarious bugs (loot lag travelling everywhere kneeling, random places on the ground where you'd just suddenly fall over dead from massive falling damage), but at least we could play. And when we couldn't, there were either queues or maintenance, none of this half-and-half am I going to be able to play or not wondering and continually trying again doubtless making the situation worse. And we had paid time added to our accounts for the days the maintenance used up. Every patch day afterward tended to be bad, but it was almost always tidied up within 36 hours.

Got in, played.  Tried to go to Ul'dah.  Disconnected.  I just don't think the game is playable in this state.  I'll have to try it again at another point when these issues are either figured out or until Rome Total War II comes out.  Whichever is more likely.

I wonder if there is a light at the end of this tunnel, Im tired of being punished for doing my main scenario quests lol.

On the topic of the main questline, does it really force you to group up for a dungeon or am I mistaken and have managed to screw up somewhere?

Because I'm too much of a wuss to use the duty finder by myself. ;__;

I wonder if there is a light at the end of this tunnel, Im tired of being punished for doing my main scenario quests lol.

On the topic of the main questline, does it really force you to group up for a dungeon or am I mistaken and have managed to screw up somewhere?

Once you hit level 15 you'll need to do three dungeons to progress the main scenario, and you will need a group for these. You'll either have to use the Duty Finder or find a group on your server.

From Yoshida's Twitter:

"Hello, this is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director, Yoshida.

The maximum expected population limit is nearing for each World, and unless the current World simultaneous connection amount decreases, we are unable to open release the limitation.

In case we do release the limitation, there is a high chance that the corresponding World will crash or cause issues, and we are thinking that it will be difficult for us to release it for a while. We please ask you to consider playing in a World that has a low limitation.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause and ask to continue with your cooperation.

As long as the population remains high on both Gilgamesh and Balmung, these problems will persist even beyond the official launch. Even worse, if SE is forced to remove the population limit, more errors will occur and who knows how long they'll take to fix those.

It really is a dilemma.

(Sorry for the edits, still getting used to the posting format on this forum.)

Once you hit level 15 you'll need to do three dungeons to progress the main scenario, and you will need a group for these. You'll either have to use the Duty Finder or find a group on your server.

Touche to the sig Ashren! :lol:

Does any of this have to do with the fact that there are less NA/EU servers then JP servers? I think most of this is just server stress and the JP servers probably don't have the issues because there are more of them. Maybe I'm wrong though.

When I've been on the JP servers, I've noticed that they seem to barely have anyone on them.

I just logged on Valefore and noticed the exact same thing, don't know if it's because FF XIV isn't as popular in JP as it is in EU/NA but still it was quite a weird experience.

In fact to be perfectly honest I didn't run into any actual JP player, mainly EU/NA refugees.

I'm on Valefor right now.  My character is Pink Pansies (lawl), so feel free to send a friend request.

From Yoshida's Twitter:

"Hello, this is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director, Yoshida.

The maximum expected population limit is nearing for each World, and unless the current World simultaneous connection amount decreases, we are unable to open release the limitation.

In case we do release the limitation, there is a high chance that the corresponding World will crash or cause issues, and we are thinking that it will be difficult for us to release it for a while. We please ask you to consider playing in a World that has a low limitation.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause and ask to continue with your cooperation.

As long as the population remains high on both Gilgamesh and Balmung, these problems will persist even beyond the official launch. Even worse, if SE is forced to remove the population limit, more errors will occur and who knows how long they'll take to fix those.

It really is a dilemma.

God I hope that's a misinterpretation of what he said.  Because that would actually kill the game for me.

From Yoshida's Twitter:

It really is a dilemma.

God I hope that's a misinterpretation of what he said.  Because that would actually kill the game for me.

Yeah, seriously. How long are we expected to wait for them to "fix" it? Why would I choose a lower pop realm, if my friends are on this one? I've never been pissed at early access/launch bugs until now. At this rate, I'm going to have to wait until the 30 free days are up before I can properly play my character, unless we decide on a third RP server or something.

Honestly? This thread title is stupid. MMO launches tend to be nothing short of 'disastrous'.

In truth, FFXIV's, while bad? Isn't remotely as bad as many other MMOs.

EVE boot.inl anyone?

WoW 2 WEEK stability drama PLUS the Sliding Corpse Bug?

Pretty sure WoW's got, what, 7 Million Plus players still despite having one of the longest, horrendous launches in MMOs?

Quit. Complaining. If you're unhappy, cancel your pre-orders. Otherwise, deal with it.

I know it's kind of panicy for people who've never experienced stuff like this at a launch, but it really does happen. Especially with a game that's had a fair amount of hype. This isn't new, or even the worst kind of launch. Rest assured, it will clear up with time, but that time might be over a series of days, rather than immediately.

I'm positive the dev team are as frustrated at how things are going as the players are.

It sucks, but it happens. I'm gunna go occupy myself with something else until it gets fixed.

Honestly? This thread title is stupid. MMO launches tend to be nothing short of 'disastrous'.

In truth, FFXIV's, while bad? Isn't remotely as bad as many other MMOs.

EVE boot.inl anyone?

WoW 2 WEEK stability drama PLUS the Sliding Corpse Bug?

Pretty sure WoW's got, what, 7 Million Plus players still despite having one of the longest, horrendous launches in MMOs?

Quit. Complaining. If you're unhappy, cancel your pre-orders. Otherwise, deal with it.

I think that is quite possibly the worst way to come at the people on this thread. People have been here for a variety of reasons and I haven't seen one as problematic as you. Sure, there are some things that are over the top and people can seem a bit too mad at times but this is in no way a good thing to say to already irate people. 

These people have worked to save up for this game, payed their preorder, played through the beta phases and open beta and then played for the first day of Early Access when we thought these problems would be fix. And I feel that most of their frustration is correctly placed in the right areas though, some aren't.

But for you to come in here after so much fuming as been done and people have calmed down is only poking at a bee hive. You aren't contributing to the conversation at all you're only bashing these folks for being frustrated. Let them fume in peace instead of speaking something that gives nothing to any type of conversation here. 

We are dealing with it and it's great to have this thread so that people bounce ideas off one another about what to do next. The funny posts that have been added to help simmer down the irate mood is great and like I said you're just coming in here to cause trouble.

I am also on Valefor but I stopped because I didn't want to have to redo to the same stuff over when and if the servers come back for NA and EU.