Maintenance Rage Thread

Honestly as far as MMO launches go this still isn't the worst i've seen plus from what i've heard WoW,Diablo 3,and SimCity were all far worse at launch >.< I really don't think the pitch forks and torches need to be pulled out yet. Plus they are working their asses off to make good on all this. So honestly i'm no longer,and am gonna wait it out. It's the only action most of us can take,and the most mature. Raging isn't gonna fix it, Or do anyone good on either side.

Well, I thought this was the thread we were allowed to rage in?  :bouncy:

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly as far as MMO launches go this still isn't the worst i've seen plus from what i've heard WoW,Diablo 3,and SimCity were all far worse at launch

First, just because something isn't the worst, doesn't make it bad. This is bad.

Secondly, though I wasn't there for WoW's initial launch and I don't play SimCity, D3's launch was not all that bad. There was a day of excessive lag that not everyone experienced, and the biggest problem (the log-in issue) was solved within 24 hours. Rift's launch was fairly smooth as well, save for queues on the most populated servers. Aion's launch was ridiculous with 36+ hour queues, but at least you could play the game when you got in. TERA's launch was relatively smooth as well; there were some server queues and such but not much else.

Squee's been working on these same bugs for weeks. Weeks. That's the problem here. They should have this worked out by now, but they don't.

Honestly as far as MMO launches go this still isn't the worst i've seen plus from what i've heard WoW,Diablo 3,and SimCity were all far worse at launch

First, just because something isn't the worst, doesn't make it bad. This is bad.

Secondly, though I wasn't there for WoW's initial launch and I don't play SimCity, D3's launch was not all that bad. There was a day of excessive lag that not everyone experienced, and the biggest problem (the log-in issue) was solved within 24 hours. Rift's launch was fairly smooth as well, save for queues on the most populated servers. Aion's launch was ridiculous with 36+ hour queues, but at least you could play the game when you got in. TERA's launch was relatively smooth as well; there were some server queues and such but not much else.

Squee's been working on these same bugs for weeks. Weeks. That's the problem here. They should have this worked out by now, but they don't.

It doesn't help that the JP servers appear to be having 0 issues.  It gives the appearance that they don't care about the NA/EU players and only care about the JP players (which apparently was an issue in FFXI and the 1.0 version of the game).

It doesn't help that the JP servers appear to be having 0 issues.  It gives the appearance that they don't care about the NA/EU players and only care about the JP players (which apparently was an issue in FFXI and the 1.0 version of the game).

People seem to misunderstand that JP and EU/NA are on two different sites. It could have just as easily gone the other way and JP had the problems arise, but i'll take a guess and say NA+EU is a bit more stress heavy, and if i'm not mistaken it is handled by a different company

Weeks? These issues didn't rear their ugly head untill P4 ,and Early access. All the other beta phases were extremely smooth. So as stated officially it's because there are far more people then expected >.<. Which on it's own isn't much of a excuse,but considering they didn't expect this game to sudden;y be so popular I'd say it still holds water. Second off i never said it wasn't bad. Trust me it's bad,but i wouldn't abandon it yet.

People seem to misunderstand that JP and EU/NA are on two different sites. It could have just as easily gone the other way and JP had the problems arise, but i'll take a guess and say NA+EU is a bit more stress heavy, and if i'm not mistaken it is handled by a different company

Please don't take this as hostile, because it isn't meant to be but I am admittedly a bit frustrated and stressed out at the moment.

I know that they're in two different locations.  I'm not stupid.  I've known that from the moment I got into Beta.

None of what you said changes anything of what I've said, nor does it address anything I said.

I've seen the JP servers go down a few times. And been on one when it crashed/was taken down. And while I was on one, the duty finder queue had weird lag issues. So they're not error free.

But now I am very sadfase at my character selection screen. I'm tired of playing offserver alts.

Please don't take this as hostile, because it isn't meant to be but I am admittedly a bit frustrated and stressed out at the moment.

I know that they're in two different locations.  I'm not stupid.  I've known that from the moment I got into Beta.

None of what you said changes anything of what I've said, nor does it address anything I said.

Except it -should- change what you said. The problems we face has nothing to do with preferential treatment, it's likely because of either because of the increased stress that NA+EU give or because the company handling the servers of NA+EU have not been as good as they could have been. (taking a wild guess)

In which case I gladly blame the french canadians. Always the french canadians

Weeks? These issues didn't rear their ugly head untill P4 ,and Early access. All the other beta phases were extremely smooth. So as stated officially it's because there are far more people then expected >.<. Which on it's own isn't much of a excuse,but considering they didn't expect this game to sudden;y be so popular I'd say it still holds water. Second off i never said it wasn't bad. Trust me it's bad,but i wouldn't abandon it yet.

That's not true.  The instance issue came up during Beta 3.

Except it -should- change what you said. The problems we face has nothing to do with preferential treatment, it's likely because of either because of the increased stress that NA+EU give or because the company handling the servers of NA+EU have not been as good as they could have been. (taking a wild guess)

In which case I gladly blame the french canadians. Always the french canadians

No, it shouldn't.  I can just as easily be a result of them not giving the NA/EU datacenter the same number of servers or not monitoring it closely enough.  Neither you nor I know whether that is the case.  The only thing we do know is that the JP servers are having 0 issues in terms of errors and lockouts.  And that IS something that should be brought up.  Because they're doing something right on the JP servers that they're obviously not doing on the NA servers.

P4 should probably have been more than three days, honestly. It would have given them a chance to find and work on more errors with a large population.

But it does make one wonder if whoever they've got on contract in Montreal is getting reamed out in Japanese right now.

Does any of this have to do with the fact that there are less NA/EU servers then JP servers? I think most of this is just server stress and the JP servers probably don't have the issues because there are more of them. Maybe I'm wrong though.

That would be likely. Stress causes a lot of launch issues, and issues in general

Does any of this have to do with the fact that there are less NA/EU servers then JP servers? I think most of this is just server stress and the JP servers probably don't have the issues because there are more of them. Maybe I'm wrong though.

When I've been on the JP servers, I've noticed that they seem to barely have anyone on them.

This is correct.

Japan has 25 servers for one island country.

NA/EU has 25 servers for a smattering of different countries, two of which combined make up the entire continent.

Needless to say, whoever decided on this server distribution is largely at fault here.

This is correct.

Japan has 25 servers for one island country.

NA/EU has 25 servers for a smattering of different countries, two of which combined make up the entire continent.

Needless to say, whoever decided on this server distribution is largely at fault here.

Ahmen to that.  Fucking STUPID

I don't even...

so i logged in to my character on balmung..waited in a que of about 300+ people..then as soon as i got in i was booted off and now it doesn't even put me in a que, it just says "This world is full blah blah blah" and boots me back to the main menu.

Should i even bother trying to play until this crap gets sorted out?

That's a pretty elementary guess. But no one here really knows what it's like to work an MMO launch. Hell I have a degree in CS and have no clue how that shit works.

My guess is that a lot of people are trying to log on at once.

I'd assume the same. Since I'm an EU player I log on before most people wake up. It wouldn't surprise me that the EU population on these servers is still lower than the NA population since most players who didn't do their research would've rolled on an EU server anyway, to say the least.

But yeah, when I log on normally only three servers are locked, and only experience queues/login issues after 6pm onwards or so. With any luck though, the queues will die down a little after the weekend is over, even if the official launch is incoming. People should be going back to work/school/college or whatever, so unless they leave their characters logged in, shouldn't that free up space for some people too?

Just a thought!

When I've been on the JP servers, I've noticed that they seem to barely have anyone on them.

I just logged on Valefore and noticed the exact same thing, don't know if it's because FF XIV isn't as popular in JP as it is in EU/NA but still it was quite a weird experience.

In fact to be perfectly honest I didn't run into any actual JP player, mainly EU/NA refugees.

I would rage but this nothing compared to the launch of simcity 5.

Imagine not being able to get past the launcher of a game for an entire week, not even for singleplayer.

You actually got that game? Shame on you. Supporting vile EA like that

No, I'm selfish, I just wanted to play the new SimCity, it's still fun.

It's pointless fighting EA, we lost back in 2005 when everyone let them get away with the first concept and deployment of overpriced DLC packs.