Maintenance Rage Thread

I WAS gonna get in and tell all my cat friends, "HEY WHAT'S UP?! I LOVE YOU" but NOOO the server gotta be all DOWN! So I'm going to the Renaissance Faire with my pals because TWO OF THEM HAVE A BIRTHDAY and they are BOTH doing it at the RENAISSANCE FAIRE. Heck yes! I'm also supes drunk right now so woo freaking hoo hoo hoo!

I had a thimble of wine, I'm such a lightweight~ Oh boys, oh boys please hold me steady until the servers stop rockin' *^ ^* Oh my, how strong your arms. NO, do not kiss me! Chris Hansen watches...

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the servers come back up, and they've decided to scrap the entry que into the server... looks like i'm not getting in any time in the next few months lol.

I just got in through a 30-second queue ten minutes ago. They didn't scrap anything!

I'm not even getting a queue. I'm getting a 1017 error that states that the world is full and that I should try another world or come back later. This is frustrating truly but I'm trying not to lose patience.

This is certainly a little... rough.  I don't mind waiting in a queue, but having to click and 'hope' is bad.  

I understand trying to reduce world volume while you address the instability with the instances, but this certainly isn't the way to go about it.  The annoying part is that I got 'in' and then logged out to change characters.  Big mistake.  

Not the weekend I was hoping to have with the game!

Edit: And now, unable to load character list! Whew. I think this is one of the more 'problematic' releases in recent memory. At least D3 was up and running within a few hours.

Per 2am or so today

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/66817-NA-Login-Limitation-After-Emergency-Maintenance-%28Aug.-24%29

Login Limitation After Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 24): Follow Up

As announced, we are currently implementing the login limitation so we can monitor the optimization of the Duty Finder more precisely. We will be releasing the limitation as we go along, so we please ask for your patience.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone, but we please ask for continued cooperation for an overall stable environment.

So essentially their fix is to cap the servers at a low population to find out if the DF works.

But, and no offense to anyone, there are many players who log in and stay AFK (since no kick out timer) for hours on end.

So makes me wonder which is the lesser of 2 evils in that regard.

Spouse and I won't be able to get in today more than likely.  Shame, but I decided to fall last night and have contusions (splintered fractures) on my left hand in boredom ... I guess .... *icepacks hand*

Per 2am or so today

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/66817-NA-Login-Limitation-After-Emergency-Maintenance-%28Aug.-24%29

Login Limitation After Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 24): Follow Up

As announced, we are currently implementing the login limitation so we can monitor the optimization of the Duty Finder more precisely. We will be releasing the limitation as we go along, so we please ask for your patience.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone, but we please ask for continued cooperation for an overall stable environment.

So essentially their fix is to cap the servers at a low population to find out if the DF works.

But, and no offense to anyone, there are many players who log in and stay AFK (since no kick out timer) for hours on end.

So makes me wonder which is the lesser of 2 evils in that regard.

Spouse and I won't be able to get in today more than likely.  Shame, but I decided to fall last night and have contusions (splintered fractures) on my left hand in boredom ... I guess .... *icepacks hand*

That's pretty hardcore, I usually just watch TV when I'm bored. You're pretty Metal.

I was worried about this when they felt the need to put timers on dungeons... None of the MMOs I've played have had such tight limits on server access. Consider WoW back in 2009 - it ran into "instance server full" errors at the release of ToC/ToGC, but at that point there were 12 million players in that game, the vast majority of them trying to enter the same raid. I highly doubt SE has that many players, and what happened in WoW was 4 years ago. One would hope SE was using server infrastructure at least on par with triple-A MMO infrastructure from four years ago, but... apparently not.

I have to say there is a severe lacking of innovation with their login server que system. A different error different day. At least give me a number, the DMV is more courteous :P. I'll be on Valefor JP in the meantime if anyone wants to say hi. Name is Elsbeth Wyrr.

I have to admit... having worked in the industry and on the launch of a major title, I've maintained a very patient view on this. But at this point, I'm more than a little twitchy. And ready to flip a table over how it's handled. There was some seriously bad bad BAD planning done on SOMEONE'S part and I hope they are held accountable for it.

I'm also more than a little angry that I have a friend who got into Balmung and is playing and it refuses to let me log in. If their idea of a 'fix' is to just limit the number of people who can be on the world at a time... this game is in for a very bad time, and I'm worried. And getting more worried as we go.

I'm also exceedingly bored. I was very excited about my weekend to play.... esp since my work week is basically hell. I need my weekends to de-stress, not get MORE stressed. /flop -_-

I know I should expect this on release, but seriously so many errors, you fight one another pops up, and it always has to do with logging in or Instancing. I'd almost them rather just say wait till release and everything will run smooth as a dream, than get constant chunks of my playtime taken every couple of hours. I'm a square fanboy and all, but unfortunately I wasn't born patient. Oh well though, sucks for us I guess.

How annoying. I think I jinxed it when I said yesterday that atleast we weren't experiencing any grand login issues or things of that kind when the instancing was being a bit shoddy.

Now we do have that. Seems to happen with every MMO launch, it doesn't cease to be annoying however.

I can't even get to the point where it can tell me the world is full. Every time I login it tells me it can't locate the servers or some nonsense.

"Unable to update the Group NA/EU character list."

Same here man. I was briefly able to get the lists when they were just back up but then it stated the world was full and kicked me out. Now it's just not showing the world list anymore, can't load em.