Maintenance Rage Thread

So... out of curiosity, would anyone like to see a video of Yoshi-p bowing and apologizing for this mess, after it's actually fixed (finally)?

I'm not angry or raging about not being able to play... I know someday I'll get to play. As long as it's actually fixed, then it'll be fine. But I think showing a bit of Japanese-style humbleness would smooth over some of ruffled nerd-ragers... maybe. lol

That WOULD be nice and all but I would also settle if he made a post afterward everything is fix fix giving a general apology to us.

I think a post would be ok, but going the extra step and making a short apology video and hearing him say it would be better... even if he doesn't bow; but I think he would any cause bowing and apologizing is in-grained in Japanese people. :P

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... out of curiosity, would anyone like to see a video of Yoshi-p bowing and apologizing for this mess, after it's actually fixed (finally)?

I'm not angry or raging about not being able to play... I know someday I'll get to play. As long as it's actually fixed, then it'll be fine. But I think showing a bit of Japanese-style humbleness would smooth over some of ruffled nerd-ragers... maybe. lol

No.

How is this remotely his fault? This isn't even his division. I do not think Yoshida needs to apologize to -that- extent for anyone. An apology? Sure. Except we've gotten those.

But -that- kind of thing? You're asking for a lot for something he has no control over.

No.

How is this remotely his fault? This isn't even his division. I do not think Yoshida needs to apologize to -that- extent for anyone. An apology? Sure. Except we've gotten those.

But -that- kind of thing? You're asking for a lot for something he has no control over.

It's most likely not his fault (I'm pretty sure its not at all), but he is the head hancho of this game, it's not like he sold publishing rights to NCSoft or something. And I wasn't asking for anything, I was asking a question out of curiosity.

Honestly i don't think anyone high up in the project as Yoshi will be losing their jobs over something like this xD.

As long as the Japanese players are happy nobody really gives a damn enough to fire anyone.

And his responsibility is for the quality of the game itself not the servers. Like the game? Good. He's done his job.

That WOULD be nice and all but I would also settle if he made a post afterward everything is fix fix giving a general apology to us.

I think a post would be ok, but going the extra step and making a short apology video and hearing him say it would be better... even if he doesn't bow; but I think he would any cause bowing and apologizing is in-grained in Japanese people. :P

Him just saying sorry at the end of all this is taking a extra step. Remember, he doesn't have to say anything at all. He could just go "Its all fixed now! Enjoy!" and that is that.

Honestly i don't think anyone high up in the project as Yoshi will be losing their jobs over something like this xD.

Don't forget about Hiromichi Tanaka and Yoichi Wada, the former Director of Final Fantasy XIV and the CEO of Square-Enix who both technically lost their jobs over something like this.

Meh, whatever, it was just a question, no one needs to get bent out of shape over it...

ANYWAY... how's the weather? lol

Oh and the servers are  down again for emergency maintenance.

Thank god. I'm content a bit more especially since I got a email from a ACTUAL person in SE (Though I had requested it kinda.) >__> I got so god damn tired of getting automated emails.. Thats another thing I don't know personally.. Why would you send a automated email? I feel like that is just going to make people even more mad for several reasons.

Don't forget about Hiromichi Tanaka and Yoichi Wada, the former Director of Final Fantasy XIV and the CEO of Square-Enix who both technically lost their jobs over something like this.

Oooh yeah that is right.. Square Enix doesn't play around like that haha... <_<;

Not reaaaally like this more that the whole game was a broken mess that was extremely hard and grindy plus full of horrible features that even the Japanese players hated it. The fallout from the original was so big that somebody would take a fall from it.

Not really as the same  as "oh those silly westerners are having server problems again"

Damn you, 10102! At least I managed to get my character back to a town where she'll (hopefully) accumulate rest EXP or something.

Back to Dragon's Crown for me. Would anyone recommend getting it on the Vita? I already have the PS3 version, but I won't have access to it until May because of school.

This error is frustrating but I can't imagine the panic going on at SE trying to figure it out. They need the official launch to go smoothly afterall! Hope they can figure out what needs fixing soon. I'm just trying to keep an eye on their twitter so I know when I can hope back on, lol. In the meantime, maybe I'll try to draw something...

People who bring up the lack of issues with the JP servers, just remember this:

JP servers are dealing (primarily) with people in Asia.

NA/EU servers are dealing primarily with Europe and North America. That's already double the strain. 

Plus the fact that in most games Oceanic players join the NA servers. I think its understandable that they are having issues.

Damn you, 10102! At least I managed to get my character back to a town where she'll (hopefully) accumulate rest EXP or something.

Back to Dragon's Crown for me. Would anyone recommend getting it on the Vita? I already have the PS3 version, but I won't have access to it until May because of school.

Yes, the vita version is tremendously good. It makes commanding Rannie, using runes, checking for hidden things very easy. It also looks so damn pretty on the screen. (Just for context, I have it on both systems as well.)

JP servers are dealing (primarily) with people in Japan.

FTFY.

There's not going to be very many Chinese or Korean players on the Japanese servers, and I guarantee you that if there were, they would be seeing even more issues than we're seeing.

The MMO player base in Korea and China DWARF the NA/EU player base. The market there is simply that huge.

So the servers come back up, and they've decided to scrap the entry que into the server... looks like i'm not getting in any time in the next few months lol.

I just got in through a 30-second queue ten minutes ago. They didn't scrap anything!

No que is popping up for me or a friend, all we're getting is ''it's full, try again later''.

Glad some people are getting in though.