2.5 SPOILER THREAD (Do not enter unless you have completed 2.5 Story!)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've been told, the new Hildy quests have put forth a LOT of lore about what the Sultansworn actually do around the city.  You can expect some additions to the SS RP thread at some point.

To sum it up, most of our assumptions on them have been spot on.

Bite us, lorehounds.

I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight.

The excellent fights at Keeper and the subsequent revelations...the battle with the Ascian...and every little thread that's still spinning around in the wind. I'm not sure how I feel about aiding Midgardsormir's resurrection...and clearly he's judging our actions. But to what end? Is Ishgard being spared the rising chorus? Or is he going to intervene on a far grander scale?

I mean...we're dealing with a power that saw hugging a giant airship to death as a long nap. What the FUDGE man?!?

Ohhhh so excited.

And those fights were so GOOD and the Ascian battle was actually really challenging and the Crystal Tower was EXCELLENT even though I didn't get any shinies and OMG THIS PATCH IS AWESOOOOOOOOMMMMEE!!!

*hyperflailnado*

So I saw the World of Darkness and found several things that pissed me off for petty reasons right off the bat.

• 5 headed dragon. Why? It's TWIN-HEADED dragon! Is this going to end up being like Phlegethon/Acheron, except with major model changes?
  • No Echidna. Again, why? So you could have 5 bosses? Please. How many bosses did Labyrinth have? 6?
  • No upgrade ingredients for Ironworks, and no encrypted tomestones. Now that's just pissing in my cornflakes.

So yeah, lot of bullshit. At least the armor is magnificent and the minion is adorable.

"Life for death. A fair exchange."

"Other bargains will be struck."

...Will we become Midgardsormr's thrall in exchange for the sparing of Ishgard? Given that he taketh away thy blessing of light, I would venture that such a possibility may not be so far outside of reason after all.

...Ahem. Sorry. Urianger's quaint mode of elocution hath rubbeth off on me.

Yet still... a fair exchange. Equivalent exchange, even (gettin' all FMA up in here). What could possibly be a fair exchange for the saving of so many lives?

Edit: Oh gawd... trying to talk to Yda and Papalymo afterwards and getting no response is just...

Gods. That's too much.

I know it won't happen since we're going to save the day.

But GODDAMN am I cheering for Ellie and Cecy's scheme to work.

Also, internally called it that Godbert's wife was stronger than him.

For real though, can we... move on from Ul'dah? Like, seriously, MSQ's been all about Ul'dah and so has Hildibrand quests.

YO WHAT THE FUCK HILDIBRAND KNOWS EXACTLY HOW PRIMALS ARE FORMED!?

It seems this thread is for story but I'm going to address this.

[*]No upgrade ingredients for Ironworks, and no encrypted tomestones. Now that's just pissing in my cornflakes.

Go to St. CONACHS and speak to the FemRoe. In order to not have equipment drop to the floor and have Equpiment and uparade itemp on the same lot restrictions they made the upgrade item(s) a separate quest similar to the i90 exextreme primal weapons.

Only carbon coat is available at the moment. The others will be added at a later date. They never said they will add them all at the start.

WELL THEN.

Massive spoiler time:

Midgardsormr TAKES AWAY YOUR BLESSING OF LIGHT. YOU BECOME AN EVERYMAN.

Congratulations, you are now nothing special. Rejoice.

Remains to be seen if Blessing of Light is the same as the Echo. I am guessing it is not. If it was, the Ascians would still not be able to enter, because Minfillia.

Again. Remains to be seen. Blessing of Light and Echo are clearly both two different things, though. 

IMO, Mins or one of the Archons would know you lacked Echo, since they could sense it in you in the first place. One of them would have said something about it being gone somewhere in there, I am pretty sure. Your mileage is free to vary though.

I was kind of bumbed with the anti-climatic ending of this sets MSQ. That Ascian was a dumb villain, "Oh I can come and go!", "I cannot be stopped!", "I'm just going to keep going and going and..." And yet when the confrontation happens, and it didn't even feel like a build up, it felt like he was just popping in to f**k with them like Q on Star Trek, and after all his bluster he is defeated by a de-powered WoL, a near-dead fem-roe, and a crying/screaming/useless Minfilia. What?!?! That's all it took? That is sloppy writing.

I dropped my controller when the echo was taken away.

HOWEVER having the new minion (for RP) purposes stupidly made me happy because of IC thingies with my character.

Anyways, I am not 100% done with 2.5 (stupid servers shut down)....but I got the spoilers.  

Though.....if your character made a pact with Midgardsormr, then what will the Ishgardians think in Heavensward when we walk into their city like "sup guys, btw this dragon thing, no big deal" >>  Just a thought.