Where did you start RPing?

Desu Nee

I started my career as a role-player on a site devoted to the early Resident Evil games. Since I already had an interest in creative writing and acting it fell into place rather nicely. I was then later introduced to MMO's and started off with WoW - on Argent Dawn EU - before eventually ending up here.

Oh? Nice to see a fellow ADer! Who were you? I was Pirris!

ALL OF THE BOMBS! ALL OF THE MAGICS!

0v2JQmv.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started my career as a role-player on a site devoted to the early Resident Evil games. Since I already had an interest in creative writing and acting it fell into place rather nicely. I was then later introduced to MMO's and started off with WoW - on Argent Dawn EU - before eventually ending up here.

Solbranthius/Arathyrion and Calthric.

Your name's familiar - did you play a Night Elf Mage, by chance?

You know it! I played her as an engineer to be a little outside the box. Calthric rings a bell or five-thousand! (I keep a lot of bells)

For me, it was WoW on the Steamwheedle Cartel server on EU side around 2007/8. I was intrigued by the notion but never got down to it 'till a guildie asked to walk down Hillsbrad and discuss politics. About 2011, I moved to Argent Dawn and became serious about RP.

Steamwheedle Cartel - shout out! I moved from AD to SWC when they opened it up.

For me, it was WoW on the Steamwheedle Cartel server on EU side around 2007/8. I was intrigued by the notion but never got down to it 'till a guildie asked to walk down Hillsbrad and discuss politics. About 2011, I moved to Argent Dawn and became serious about RP.

For STEAMWHEEDLE, I was either Darnaub, Allistria or Gnogg!

Eh, I think I may know you from Argent Dawn. Vilora here o/ we should roleplay someday in game!

In any case!

Started out on Ravenholdt myself as well, after my real life partner at the time dragged me into roleplaying. In truth, I cannot remember my first character at all, except that she was a blood elf!

Eh, I think I may know you from Argent Dawn. Vilora here o/ we should roleplay someday in game!

In any case!

Started out on Ravenholdt myself as well, after my real life partner at the time dragged me into roleplaying. In truth, I cannot remember my first character at all, except that she was a blood elf!

We do - you posted on the realm forum a lot as well if I recall correctly! You play(ed) a Kirin Tor mage, right? I think we bashed Jaina together a few times! I don't think we got to interact much in-game since I almost exclusively played blood elves.

As for role-play in FFXIV? Definitely! I'll hit you up in-game sometime and we can plan something out!

For STEAMWHEEDLE, I was either Darnaub, Allistria or Gnogg!

I was Dralei, then Sivri @ Steamwheedle EU.

In any case!

We do - you posted on the realm forum a lot as well if I recall correctly! You play(ed) a Kirin Tor mage, right? I think we bashed Jaina together a few times! I don't think we got to interact much in-game since I almost exclusively played blood elves.

As for role-play in FFXIV? Definitely! I'll hit you up in-game sometime and we can plan something out!

Eh, she was a migrant to Dalaran in Wrath time but during her gameplay years (Cata onwards), she was a solo mage and currently works with the Freelancers.

In any case!

Yup, I used Vilora mostly for my forum posting! Don't think we ever got to roleplaying due to faction boundaries. Blood elf roleplay I really only did with friends, never found the community worth it. Thankfully it seems very different on this game!

And by all means, I will look out for you as well. Currently farming Titan Extreme on my main though, but I should be online, ehm, very later on! But I will keep an eye out for you as well! =)

I started RPing on some Finnish RP chat channels about...16 years ago? There was something called Linna, a medieval RP channel, and then a chat on arctic or some page like it. At the time I RPed some black dragon/firespirit woman called Firea. Lots of teenage drama RP was had, good times! *shudders*

I also tried my hand on some forum RP, until WoW came out and became my first MMO, and I ended up RPing on Argent Dawn EU.

I started RPing back in 6th grade, with RuneQuest, AD&D 2nd Edition, Rifts, and GURPS Supers (which is why I continue to despise GURPS to this day :) ). I had to keep most of the gaming stuff hidden from my parents, who thought it was mind-bending Satan worship. :?

Online, I started RPing on MUSHes, then moved to RPing in MMOs (as opposed to just playing them) when the Luclin expansion was released for EQ. Firiona Vie was my home for many years, followed by CoH, and now XIV. I'm serially monogamous when it comes to MMOs. :)

I was a NWN1er too.  That's really the ONLY place I RPed for the longest time, and then NWN2 (naturally).  I did some brief experimenting with MMO RP in SWTOR and GW2 and FFXIV 1.0 but I always grew really weary of the community dynamic in MMOs...

So far I don't have complaints about Balmung tho :o..Then again I have mostly been doing PVE and not so much RP yet but you guys seem nice!

Some cutting edge rp I can tell you all. :frustrated:

Back in 1987 me and my buddies from school would get together for sleepovers and play D&D like social winners. Well one day while watching a double feature of Back to the Future and Big Trouble in Little China, one of the guys told us something he had learned from a cousin that made the epicness that was D&D even more so. Instead of just playing the game, rolling the die and what not, we tell a story as we play, like the story-stick game in school. It may have been the screams of Doc Brown, it may have been the 7 cokes I drank, but that was the best 6 hour game of D&D I ever played to that point. The rest is history.

[align=center]tumblr_static_2l9g02c7dso4cwscocsg0c8g8.gif[/align]

I would say "webcomic forum," but actually, that's the first place I ran RP in, whereas I've RP'd using D&D before that.

I was also on a forum called RPGChat, infamous for its purple prose, music quoting and font changing ways.

I first got started 14 years and eight or so months ago on a long-dead html chat site called Chatropolis. Started out in the anime room, Otaku Heaven, where my very first RP experience set the tone for my mindset to this very day; that being where I, playing as generic Ocarina of Time Link, was accosted by a World of Darkness-style high-level vampire who proceeded to brutally murder me. Henceforth, I have always acted under the impression that everyone I meet will try to kill me if given half an opportunity and have never once built a character that was not combat-ready in some fashion.

After a few years on Chatro, I moved over to Gaia Online and buried myself into the organizations/military-based forum niche, creating an air force base from which I proceeded to terrorize crime syndicates and other related ne'er-do-wells, culminating in about ten of them banding together and staging an attack that involved Gundams and kill sats while I was offline; about the only way that could have succeeded. That kinda worked out in my favor, as the forum had started to become a byzantinian labyrinth of rules and conditions in order to be able to attack another group, and it was turning into too much trouble. That attack gave me an opportunity to move over to the free-for-all forum, which was basically the same idea but with the standing rule of "as long as you've got people online, you're open to attack." Feeling that the air force base had gotten a little small, I branched out into an entire nation built into an island archipelago and wound up being the only modernized force in the entire forum. Everybody else was some kind of wizard or Naruto village. Now, most of the other long-standing groups in there didn't look too kindly on us upstarts, and thought that they could run roughshod over us because they had 15+ members to each of their groups, sometimes upwards of 30, and we had like 7 at peak. So in proud Gaia tradition, they boasted that they could take us out at their leisure. We called their bluff. Something to the tune of thirty factions organized and banded together to fight us. We killed them all in a preemptive cruise missile strike.

After a while, I got bored of Gaia and discovered Halo so I stopped doing serious RP for a while, until a buddy of mine discovered a Pokémon forum (Pokémon being what the island nation drew upon, which was part of the reason we were so derided) that we all mass-migrated to and restarted our island nation there. Incidentally, that forum is owned by my now-girlfriend, which is obviously where we met. It's been where we hang out a lot until we started playing TOR, lamenting 2/3's of the way to cap that we hadn't joined an RP server. After losing interest in TOR, one day the ladyfriend begged and pleaded for me to try out FF14 with her, which I was initially opposed to because I likened it to FFXI-2 and I hated XI. Needless to say, seven characters and nineteen 50's later, I do not regret giving in to her begging on that occasion.

tl;dr: Overly-militant, passive-aggressive distrust machine.

Man....reading some of this stuff has been a trip for me. :D Love it.

My very first-ever RP was in...gosh I wanna say '97? It was a StarFox forum. I played a lizard villain character. I forget his name, but it was a pretty proto-typical character that spoke with a lot of hisses and laughed like "Kraa-hahaha!"

He was awful. But the seed was planted.

After that it was mostly forum RP, which first centered around the MechWarrior 3 and 4 games, along with some other forum RPs that were involved with Final Fantasy, Sonic and other "original" worlds.

First-ever MMO RP was in City of Heroes. In fact, I was about to quit the game until I decided to roll on Virtue and created a character specifically for leveling and roleplay--an Archery/Energy Blaster by the name of The Midnight Kestrel. I've been in MMO RP ever since...though my forum RP has dwindled quite a bit with the exception of what little I get here at the RPC. I just adore forum roleplay. Kinda gets me back to my roots, so to speak...and I like to think I'm a reasonable writer.

Spring 2004: Nintendo Nsider Forums, if anyone knows of Power On (RP) I was Mia..I joined a lot of things. Then there was this forum called New Nsider Nsider2, and RPGNsider...RPed a while there. Gaia Online sorta kinda, but people spent too much time making posts pretty. Dabbled in a little WoW and a tiny bit of SWOTR RP(SWOTR didn't last long though). Haven't really RPed in long time, but now FFXIV!~

I find hilarious that most of you were rping when I was barely 2 and 3.

It's amazing that every awesome community I go I'm the baby one. Anyway, my first serious rp besides...that fucking carrot throwing bunny and my playboy in Habbo Hotel was a Mismagius on one of those Mystery Dungeon RP group. The Mismagius was kinda villany and member of a villanous team on the forum, that did something I can't remember well, I think it was stealing evolutionary stones and holding on them, forcing pokemon that wanted to evolve to do their biddings, this Mismagius included, and joined them after evolving due to his earlier team abandoning him after he cohorted with this evil team. In restrospect, I kinda miss playing her. After that, it was...MLP RP. Yes, My Little Pony RP. Please stop laughing it lasted a year I swear. I had a three month rp experience in a Mass Effect group and then found this place, where I have been ever since ^^. Which is weeks.

I'm so oldguard~