Free Hugs

Thank you all so much.  I read these to my mom and she broke down crying.  More than any of us, she blames herself the most.  We're taking action, but due to state law it doesn't look like a whole lot will happen.  We'll see. It's just so fucked up.  I've never seen my parents cry so much in my life.  There's been a lot going on for them (even more than my own issues and shit), and this pretty much was the cherry on top of the fuck-you cake.  So, thank you.  It means more than you know.  I know this is a gaming forum, and it feels like a little bit of oversharing to me, but somehow in the sharing with people for a moment it makes it a little less awful.  My dad is generally not an emotive man, but with the vet and officer telling him just how badly she suffered, and him telling me, it was like I was seeing a little piece of him dying inside.

Heart wrenching quote of the day from my 4 year old niece: "Well, I know she's dead, but I really miss her a lot."

*hugs*  sorry to hear this, makes my blood boil in rage though.  You give that little girl a hug from all your crazy friends here, would offer more consoling words but brain not getting past ideas of lynching the kennel people.   Give your parents a hug for me as well.  loss sucks and words are never good enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll gladly throw myself into a hug pile after this weekend. Between some bad news (illness in the family) and fights with family, thrown in with some repeated blocks while attempting to make RP happen I'll take them if folks are in the mood to give em.

*hug* Don't worry, things will get better :D

And there is always time for RP another day.

GAH!! Free HUGS? Man RL is sucky..I'm up for free hugs and rp ...makes the best cocktail...if the story is good that is. LALALALALA. -gives everyone a hug-

*feeds suri a cricket*

This is how you make lizards happy I think.

GAH!! Free HUGS? Man RL is sucky..I'm up for free hugs and rp ...makes the best cocktail...if the story is good that is. LALALALALA. -gives everyone a hug-

*feeds suri a cricket*

*Eats* 

Needs salt...

*feeds suri a cricket*

*Eats* 

Needs salt...

Good lizard! Now time for sleep.

*puts suri on a nice rock under a heat lamp*

Everyone remember to take proper care of your Au Ra.

*feeds suri a cricket*

*Eats* 

Needs salt...

TO HOT TO HOT! -whimpers-

*feeds suri a cricket*

*Eats* 

Needs salt...

TO HOT TO HOT! -whimpers-

*heats up a pan, adds oil*

They don't taste as good if they're mistreated.

*offers hugs to everyone before asking for one*

I could definitely use a hug if anyone is offering.

On a lighter side, I'm losing hope at being able to slip a new character into Balmung anytime soon.  Even the idea of a character transfer isn't reasonable since I don't have a lot of disposable income after bills, med bills, med costs and other things.  Tried being up at odd hours (which is easy because I've lost a lot of sleep lately), but still no luck.  

On a more serious note, I've had a really difficult week due to my health issues.  Between intense pain that even my prescription painkiller isn't helping, losing sleep, having an increase in intense panic attacks and a few other things I'd rather not share, I'm just really overwhelmed.  It isn't the worst I've ever felt, but I've certainly felt better.  Every once in a while, so many things hit at once and they just feel that much more overwhelming than they would individually.

*super mega glomp hug for 13uddy*

Hang in there, don't forget to smile, and don't give up. Health issues can be very disheartening, but when things get too overwhelming, just stop, leave everything but yourself behind, set out a few days for just yourself and relax. And bring close those people who care. It makes a world of difference when a loved one is there to give you hugs. 

And that's why, HUGS from all of us. You're not alone. Don't be overwhelmed. We got you. :)

*sneakily ninja hugs everyone else as well*

HUGS FOR EVERYONE!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!

So my mom's in the hospital.

It's not dangerous, it's her appendix, but danged if it was weird the way it was announced to me.

See a message from my dad on my cellphone, I call him.

Me : You needed me for something?

Dad : Nah, I just wanted the number to your grandma's.

Me : Why?

Dad : Oh, 'cause your mom's in the hospital.

Me : What.

Dad : It's not so bad, it's her appendix. She'd been complaining about stomach pains and she called up on the info-santé hotline and they told her to go to the hospital.

And I'm like, uh why did you not tell me that mom was in the hospital before?

I think I need a hug from this incomprehension.

She's okay. It wasn't her appendix.

Apparently she had two cysts inside her body who decided to braid themselves to her right ovary, leading to incredible pain that LOOKED like an appendix bursting... until they managed to see inside there and saw her appendix being totally fine.

Hugs for people who were worried. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just got back from the vet.  Had to put down my baby, a lab/terrier mix that I have had since she was about 2 months old.  She was pushing 15 this year.  So, while it was time?  Still is never easy at all.

Yeah.  Hugs are in order.