Free Hugs

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Posting in needing of a hug, due to being sick.  Nothing major, just an inner ear infection, but enough to make me feel like crap.

Chicken soup and 

epic-hugs-friends-minion.gif

Family went on vacation, I stayed behind. They got back this morning.

They left the family dog with my mom's coworker's boarding kennel.

The dog died sometime this morning, and since the vet said 'not long,' I'm guessing a few hours before they went to pick her up.

I didn't offer to watch her this time, because of hassles with work schedules, and I'm an hour drive away.

Preliminary physical exam he guessed heat exhaustion as the cause. First time using a kennel.

She was alone, probably scared, and uncared for when she died.

I could really use a hug.

Family went on vacation, I stayed behind.  They got back this morning.

The dog died sometime this morning, and since the vet said 'not long,' I'm guessing a few hours before they went to pick her up.

I didn't offer to watch her this time, because of hassles with work schedules, and I'm an hour drive away.

Preliminary physical exam he guessed heat exhaustion as the cause.   First time using a kennel.

Oh I'm so sorry that is not only devastating but you must feel awful about the "if only". I don't see how it could just die like that but that's not the point *hugs*

Hug1.jpg

Family went on vacation, I stayed behind.  They got back this morning.

Preliminary physical exam he guessed heat exhaustion as the cause.   First time using a kennel.

Oh I'm so sorry that is not only devastating but you must feel awful about the "if only". I don't see how it could just die like that but that's not the point *hugs*

Hug1.jpg

Vet finished the necropsy. She had apparently been on her side suffering for a long time, very dehydrated (bladder was completely empty and dry). So it was hot and she had no water. Her heart and lungs eventually gave out. Horrible, horrible way to go. :(

He told us it was completely preventable. If she'd been given water and a cool place, she would be fine.

Omg, that's... terrible. As someone who worked for years in a boarding kennel, that is just completely unacceptable.

We always ALWAYS made sure the dogs were hydrated and well cared for, and on very cold or hot days, we didn't let them stay outside for very long. It doesn't take a genius to realize that a dog needs constant access to water, especially in warm conditions.

That kennel needs to be shut down or an investigation made into who was supposed to be looking out for the dogs that shift, and then that person needs to (at the very least) be fired on the spot. 

Sorry for the rant, but I have a real soft spot for animals, and this amount of neglect hits a strong nerve with me.

Gahhh 

tumblr_inline_n7aobsvOPS1rgg4k4.gif

Most of all, please don't blame yourself. This wasn't anything you could've foreseen. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Vet finished the necropsy.  She had apparently been on her side suffering  for a long time, very dehydrated (bladder was completely empty and dry). So it was hot and she had no water.   Her heart and lungs eventually gave out.  Horrible, horrible way to go.  :(

He told us it was completely preventable.  If she'd been given water and a cool place, she would be fine.

That is just horrid and sad *hugs*, and angry

Immense hugs to you for your loss...and as awful as her passing was, try to focus on the lovely times with her if that's at all possible.

I'm...I'm disgusted, frankly. But I can't focus on the righteous rage welling up, and instead offer love and hugs, and my advice to recall the enjoyment of her companionship.

*all the Roe hugs*

Thank you all so much. I read these to my mom and she broke down crying. More than any of us, she blames herself the most. We're taking action, but due to state law it doesn't look like a whole lot will happen. We'll see. It's just so fucked up. I've never seen my parents cry so much in my life. There's been a lot going on for them (even more than my own issues and shit), and this pretty much was the cherry on top of the fuck-you cake. So, thank you. It means more than you know. I know this is a gaming forum, and it feels like a little bit of oversharing to me, but somehow in the sharing with people for a moment it makes it a little less awful. My dad is generally not an emotive man, but with the vet and officer telling him just how badly she suffered, and him telling me, it was like I was seeing a little piece of him dying inside.

Heart wrenching quote of the day from my 4 year old niece: "Well, I know she's dead, but I really miss her a lot."

Thank you all so much. I read these to my mom and she broke down crying. More than any of us, she blames herself the most. We're taking action, but due to state law it doesn't look like a whole lot will happen. We'll see. It's just so fucked up. I've never seen my parents cry so much in my life. There's been a lot going on for them (even more than my own issues and shit), and this pretty much was the cherry on top of the fuck-you cake. So, thank you. It means more than you know. I know this is a gaming forum, and it feels like a little bit of oversharing to me, but somehow in the sharing with people for a moment it makes it a little less awful. My dad is generally not an emotive man, but with the vet and officer telling him just how badly she suffered, and him telling me, it was like I was seeing a little piece of him dying inside.

Heart wrenching quote of the day from my 4 year old niece: "Well, I know she's dead, but I really miss her a lot."

OMG man, I have fought in war zones and watch people die daily at work, so I think myself pretty cold..... but that little girl just broke me man. I'll give you three hugs if you send one on to her and one on to your mom. I'm sorry this happened.