Official RPC Census 2016

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understood the last question totally wrong and answered 3. Duh. And I forgot the link to edit my answer.

Great.

Also predicting that Au'ri are going to be as numerous as Mi'qote, or just behind.

If only I could rep my alts. That'd be at least +1 to mooncatte, wildwood, xaela and midlady lady.

Dohoho well. I'm probably one of the few whose character's parents and siblings still breathing

Curious how one would go about amswering for a relationship that is for the most part still a little undecided but Kurt's already putting 100% effort to it

Now that I think about it, I'm mildly distraught that the survey mainly concerns main characters, although I completely understand why that is so and have no particular suggestions on including alt characters other than questions like "what's your second most played race"?

Because while I main a lalafell, I also have four other roegadyn characters who aren't going to be represented at all, and I feel like race statistics are going to be a little skewed as a result.

Hah! Like I mentioned upstream, the first two questions were the toughest. xD My 'main' is my gameplay main, not the one I rp with the most... which was I to pick? #altoholicproblems. xD

:moogle:

Now that I think about it, I'm mildly distraught that the survey mainly concerns main characters, although I completely understand why that is so and have no particular suggestions on including alt characters other than questions like "what's your second most played race"?

Because while I main a lalafell, I also have four other roegadyn characters who aren't going to be represented at all, and I feel like race statistics are going to be a little skewed as a result.

Hah! Like I mentioned upstream, the first two questions were the toughest. xD My 'main' is my gameplay main, not the one I rp with the most... which was I to pick? #altoholicproblems. xD

:moogle:

I would assume that you'd answer these questions as your primary RP character, not necessarily your PVE one.

I would assume that you'd answer these questions as your primary RP character, not necessarily your PVE one.

I've spent too long with the mind-set of "well, which do you play (have played) the most?" as indicative of which is the "main", so I went with that.

Now I'm curious though, just how many here stick with one character? I imagine it's easier in many aspects... you don't have to worry over who goes to which event, you wouldn't have those "ARG, X Character would SO be in on that RP right now!" when you pass by a convo, and probably have a much easier time remembering story arcs. >.>;

I have spent years fighting the concept of a "main" character and "main" class since playing multiples of each are really what I love most about this game. :D (Why I tried to squeeze three in under my profile picture over thar. <--- ) Just counting RP time, I would guess they are equal with Tin being slightly ahead of Ralin, but I had to go with Valia for the census using overall playtime as my marker.

It's cool, there'll be other censuses (censi?) I'm sure. :D

Were I to play more, I'd probably shift my main after the conclusion of a major story that featured the previous one. But I'm not super confident in the amount of time I would have to level multiple alts as I'd wish. As they are, they exist solely as NPC concept at the moment so I can only really be said tp have one character. I intend to focus on Virara until I need a change of pace after the conclusion of stories from others and myself involving her.

It was brought up somewhere else but I want to clear it up.

For the last question and the answers, I'm assuming that the intent is to interpret the first answer as "I roleplay the MSQ as the Warrior of light or in a party of Warriors of Light." ?

"Everything that happens in the MSQ happens to my character" seems pretty straightforward to me, but maybe an indication of "Yes, the WoL's story is my story" could help clear it up. The way I interpreted it was

*I'm the Warrior of Light

*I acknowledge the story but I don't affect it

*lol whats lore

Pretty much this.

Also, responses have already doubled. We're now sitting at close to 120 valid respondents. Thanks all and keep it coming!

Everything in the story happens to my character because everything in the story may affect my character.

The earthquake in Taiwan of 2004 happened to me because I sent money to my family. To have something happen does not mean it has to have directly been experienced.

They all occurred and were experienced in some way or form.

I asked because I interpreted it correctly but I have seen it be questioned more than once already.

I was a little sad to see that there was no Medic/Healer option for the question about how characters support themselves.... guess I'm going with other.

There wasn't an option for Performer/Entertainer, either. The closest one was mercenary.

Considering the number of performer-based guilds that have greatly emerged in 2016, I see it as an omission.

I was a little sad to see that there was no Medic/Healer option for the question about how characters support themselves.... guess I'm going with other.

There wasn't an option for Performer/Entertainer, either. The closest one was mercenary.

Considering the number of performer-based guilds that have greatly emerged in 2016, I see it as an omission.

I had to go other too for magic services.

Everything in the story happens to my character because everything in the story may affect my character.

The earthquake in Taiwan of 2004 happened to me because I sent money to my family. To have something happen does not mean it has to have directly been experienced.

They all occurred and were experienced in some way or form.

I asked because I interpreted it correctly but I have seen it be questioned more than once already.

You're overthinking this.

Someone fought Ultima Weapon. Someone fought Shiva. Someone fought Thordin. If you did it, because the story that happens in game is your story, then you click the first one. If you were there when it happened, you click the first one.

If someone else did it, you click the second one.

I just put it on other.

Lol, in the spirit of 'guess the census'... here's my guesses!

Primary Character: seeker F then wildwood M

Primary Class: WHM, PGL second, GLA will be up there too.

Point of Origin: Limsa / LN

Primary Residence: Nomad

Wealth: average with mod wealthy being second

Primary Income: other will be picked the most, but I'll guess some sort of scholarly endeavors will be the most used theme

Relationship status: single

Sexuality: Bi

Relationship count: 1-2

Religion: Oschon

Religion: followers of the 12

Character age: 23-27 with 18-22 as the follow up

Literacy: Read/Write no struggle

Surviving Family: None

Character origin: I will say yes to Carteneau, regardless of when the player started.

How long used in RP: 2.0

Echo: no echo

MSQ: Only main events with not recognized at all a close second.