Hairstyle voting begins!

Arrelaine

Don't think anyone here said it was okay to be rude.  But isn't that why they have forum moderators who can give people forum vacations when they start making personal attacks and being cretins?

I'm still of the opinion that the devs wear big girl panties and can handle criticism.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think anyone here said it was okay to be rude.  But isn't that why they have forum moderators who can give people forum vacations when they start making personal attacks and being cretins?

I'm still of the opinion that the devs wear big girl panties and can handle criticism.

Forum vacations! xD

That's so cute...

But seriously, you (as in general) can be honest and post critique without being an a-hole. It IS possible. It's just easier not to.

Forum vacations! xD

That's so cute...

But seriously, you (as in general) can be honest and post critique without being an a-hole. It IS possible. It's just easier not to.

Tone is also famously difficult to read in text.  So someone may just be really blunt and come across as rude.  Name-calling, of course, is obviously rude and not okay.

votes have been tallied, meet your new hairstyles in the upcoming patch.

Mad that 9 and 16 were the top runners up. D: I wanted those to win, damn it all.

Congratulations to the winners!

Those styles aren't to my own tastes, but I'm still very happy that the dev team opened the door for the players to decide on something being put into the game. I hope that they use this first run well and learn from it -- and bring us another chance to do the same in future!

Well, I could have sworn these two wouldn't make it based on the numbers on the forums, but maybe Square Enix is scoring them like golf. Either way, I'm happy my top choices made it, and I'm looking forward to the countless new hairstyles that are sure to come in the future.

Oh, phew!! The sausage braid hairstyle that was gonna clip through everything didn't win. For a while it looked like it was going to.

I like the winners alright, don't know if or when I'll use them but I won't mind seeing them around, although there were other styles I liked better (like the second female runner up and the first male runner up)

Hopefully they'll have contests like this more often and they'll be more transparent about what they're looking for, and we won't have so many situations where the black and white sketch from the front only made it to the voting but the beautifully rendered curls didn't.

This captures my sentiment.

But hey, it's not a Western RPG, so can't expect Western hairstyles, 'ey?

You're finally catching on. :D

I wanted the other, lala-friendlier side tie. I'm just glad both hairstyles are asymmetrical. Overall they're very nice looking and will look good with a wide variety of gear. I wonder about the clipping issues on the female one.

The annoying part is that every winner and runner up is from a Japanese player.

I find that rather suspicious. Especially because the styles to be voted on were presumably picked by the Japanese Devs.

If you look at the page, there isn't a single non japanese entry :c

I find that rather suspicious. Especially because the styles to be voted on were presumably picked by the Japanese Devs.

The male hairstyle was carried by female Japanese fans that make up a large portion of the Japanese player base. You have to remember that the Japanese will also be more likely to vote in Fandom blocs as well.

Let's be honest. Thinking that non-Japanese tastes are going to be strongly catered to in this game pretty much IS the "Final Fantasy"

Let's be honest. Thinking that non-Japanese tastes are going to be strongly catered to in this game pretty much IS the "Final Fantasy"

Just to put things in perspective though...

There are more non-Japanese subs than Japanese. No clue on China or Korea.

I see this point but it bugs me. Especially after the whole "there is no original language" point that was drive home in the "What language do you play with?" thread.

Plus with SE always acknowledging how different regions want different things...I feel like SE -should- cater to Western audiences more.

Personally I'm extremely disappointed in the winners. We've essentially got yet another pretty boy hairstyle (like we don't have enough of those already) and some of the other entries that aren't even runner ups were substantially more interesting and stylish. Seriously fuck people that want more pretty boy hair.

SE dropped the ball catastrophically in how voting for this was handled as well. IMO the entire thing needs to be restarted from scratch and the votes tallied up again.

Also the whole winners/runner up thing being all japanese just raises eyebrows as well.

The best we can do at this point is make it clear that there's reasonably high demand for more 'western' hairstyles to be added to the game. So long as they continue to add a variety of different options over time I won't complain - but if they leave it up to dubious voting systems then I won't be happy.

Though we need to band together and present the feedback over on the official site in a direct and constructive manner. With any luck it'll receive a fair bit of attention since there seems to be a lot of people expressing their disappointment towards the winning entries.