Hairstyle voting begins!

Arrelaine

tumblr_marrp1Zpl01qb5ftao5_r1_400.png

The hairstyles aren't as outrageous as I thought they'd be. In retrospect, I should have expected something a bit more controlled. It is a shame that only one can make it through, though there is a chance some others might if they're popular enough. Most of the male ones are... definitely in the spirit of FF... Some of those look like you'd pretty much expect them on any young "ikemen" kinda guy in Japan. >_<

I like how almost all the female ones capture a look that the existing hair options do not. The messy, wavy long hair is something I'd love to see. Two of them are essentially like this, so clearly there is a demand. (4 and 10 are almost too similar, kind of superfluous if you ask me.) And I love the "Han" look of 5... It's just a shame there's no analogue culture for me to play in setting, or I'd make use of it, since I'm biased. Number 6 looks pretty blatantly inspired by a Fire Emblem character's, I'd rather it not win, but it looks decent enough. That 2 dread hairstyle looks way better than the existing one IMO and would go great with a lot of characters. It's wild!

But, I gotta go with 1. Because this game does NOT have a side tie and I might have reason enough to make her use it IC someday. They even put it on a Lala for maximum cuteness xD.

For men, I like the pompadour, but it looks too similar to Flynt's hair...

The number 4 mushroom head is funny! I was hoping we'd get a hairstyle that covered the character's eyes, though it is on male character, so I guess I wouldn't get to use it. Number 2 is the perfect "evil magistrate" chanbara hair! It's overflowing with Japanese spirit. I bet a lot of rpers would not use it though, as it's not very handsome. No. 1 looks like a big rose head... it's kinda weird. I like that it's on a Lala, but like many others it feels like he leapt from the pages of a shoujo anime. 10 would be okay, but then they put an ugly hat on him in one of the pictures. The others do not stand out to me as much, with one notable exception, and they are redundant with a lot of the other guys' hairstyles, because they look messy and "stylish" with what is popular over there.

I like 9 them most I think. There is a lack of ponytails for men, and I like the look of that one the most. It has a nice warrior's spirit look to it.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far my favorites are male hairstyles that I wish would be unisex TT_TT

Female hair #18 is probably the one I'd most want to win but it's probably not, which is really sad...

I ended up Liking (that's how we vote right)? multiple ones in each category oops, just the ones I'd want to happen the most

2, 3, 18, 25 for females. Of these I think the Faris hair is my favorite.

4, 9, 14 and 23 for males. Of these I like 23 the best.

#23 is the definition of girly.

If guys really are voting to look like that they really should just play a woman. Like lookin at it my "actually a girl" (since people are sensitive) sensor is going off the charts.

Edit - 800+ votes. . . what the fuck y'all. Lol

Double Edit - Yay 21 is defo gonna win for girls. I approve of that sexy hairstyle 200%

I'm a little disappointed - None of the styles really leapt out at me in the "I NEED THIS TAKE ALL OF MY LIKES" way that I was hoping for.

I wouldn't really like to see #9 to win the male vote because I'd rather they just cross over that male Au Ra ponytail in the future - I've heard a few folks complaining that they wanted that style on X race, after all. I just think it'd be better to use this opportunity to actually give us all a new style instead.

But that's just my opinion, I worry that a few of the popular styles won't actually look that good ingame. So much clipping! I suppose we'll just have to wait and see, though...

If guys really are voting to look like that they really should just play a woman. Like lookin at it my trap sensor is going off the charts.

Double Edit - Yay 21 is defo gonna win for girls. I approve of that sexy hairstyle 200%

Yikes. I'm sorry if the hair you like isn't getting the votes you feel like it should, but there's no reason to be so rude about it.

Also apparently only the last vote you make counts, so T_T I'm gonna have to go back and pick just one, it looks like. Phooey. Went back and voted 3 for female, 4 for male... it was a tough choice between 4 and 23 but I feel like 4 is the one I'd most likely use so I'll cross my fingers.

If guys really are voting to look like that they really should just play a woman. Like lookin at it my trap sensor is going off the charts.

Yikes. I'm sorry if the hair you like isn't getting the votes you feel like it should, but there's no reason to be so rude about it.

Also apparently only the last vote you make counts, so T_T I'm gonna have to go back and pick just one, it looks like. Phooey.

I wasn't trying to be mean, in fact that comment wasn't in anyway aimed at you! (I noticed your post after I posted it and suddenly was like aww shit ;_ ; ) sorry if it sounded like it was aimed at you.

It was really just my personal opinion, I wasn't really throwing a fit or talking bad on it. I just don't like it.

Also apparently only the last vote you make counts, so T_T I'm gonna have to go back and pick just one, it looks like. 

This. Yes. 

PSA for everyone.

You can only vote on ONE hairstyle, which is the last one you voted for. Only the last vote will count.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/4fd0d26561ee75f0c4987519d97a8ecee02a43ce

* “Likes!” will only be counted for the last entry you vote on.

Since I'm now allowed to talk about what I put in (still can't show due to TaC), I actually made LONG LUSCIOUS LOCKS for male. Yeah, a basic and simple hairstyle for males but it's fabulous okay. Shame the anime ones were picked instead of that, I'm a little disappointed at the large JAP presence in the contest and the fact that a few actually break the rules.

I voted for entry #4 (female).

As a female roe, I only have access to a couple of long hair styles which are both really weird looking.

For multi-racial female hair, for long hairs the only ones available are the shoulder length hair with the braid in the back or the bushy long hair with the super feminine bangs.

I guess I was hoping for some plain, long hair for females since there don't seem to be any? At least any that I can select for female roe. The only ones available have some sort of braid, clip, accessory, or bangs.

And while entry #4 also has bangs, I like it for being a slightly messy style.

Oh no! I didn't see the page advance buttons. Now I can't decide anymore... The hairstyle for female, 19, is a wonderful alternative to the momodi dango... I want so many of these though..

I wish they would hide Likes. They will not vote for either with such a long lead, but I'm happy the winning style at least looks kinda good. I think it does not suit Lalafell. XO curse you cloud breathers!

Well even if your favored hairstyle doesn't win, I hear they will look to this when thinking of making more. So there's still a chance.

I'm not gonna lie - I'm pretty disappointed with what's on offer. I mean, yeah - at the end of the day it's a Final Fantasy game - but I think we're in dire need of some more 'normal' looking hairstyles for both men and women. I'd love some more short hairstyles for male characters that aren't too unusual.

Maybe I'm in the minority, though? I don't know - but I'm not even opposed to unusual hairstyles provided they look pretty cool...but I feel like most of the entries are just bland or blatant attempts to be 'pseudo-anime'.

*Vigorously points at in agreement*

Add me to this camp.  A lot of them looked neat, yes, but I didn't honestly see any styles I would want for any of my characters. However, I also realize that I prefer a Western aesthetic, and that doesn't really endear me to much of what's being offered *shrug*

I DID like the idea of acccents/hairbands/flowers/clips/et al.  changing color as the accent color changes, though.

Also in that camp with you guys.  Anyone bring stuff to make s'mores?

I feel adding more "normalized" hairstyles will help fill the other end of the visual gradient, add more variety to the PCs.  There's something to be said for simplicity, especially when used to balance complexity.

I'm ... really disappointed with both sets, honestly.  But as far as the votes go ... the #25 "Siefer" cut for the males and the #3 "Almost Garnet" cut would be my choices.

Also apparently only the last vote you make counts, so T_T I'm gonna have to go back and pick just one, it looks like. Phooey. Went back and voted 3 for female, 4 for male...

Yay, someone else who voted for 3! It'd be perfect for Jana, even though it stands no chance of winning against the side-tail styles. ;w;

For males I just voted for the Pomp. I don't care for anything else.

I don't really mind what wins as long as more asymmetrical hairstyles are introduced. It would be nice to see more transparently Japanese and Chinese inspired hairstyles like the double bun and the han looking one were introduced, but I wouldn't be too sad if something else won so long as it was cute/handsome

Am I the only one who likes 8 for the females? :|

8 or 17. For the girls. 

For the guys... I dunno. Nothing really stands out. The hairstyles feel lazy? Guys deserve to be FABULOUS (in neon shiny letters) as well! Is it just me or does more effort and work go into women's hairstyles? Hm... hmm....

WE DON'T HAVE HAIR THAT COMPLICATED!