Kudos!

So everyone knows I've been on a bit of a break on the world-RP side of things for a while. Last night I got to finally return to the Quicksand ICly on duty and... Holy crap, I was not prepared.

Thanks to Nanarou, Misha, T-name I forgot because everything was moving so fast, "Leeah" and Natalie. I didn't really have a break from the moment I started until the time I went to bed.

Bear with me here, I have a lot of thanking to catch up on! 

Firstly, a big thanks to Sasha Rochester for getting me to come over to Balmung in the first place! Another thank you to Geal Raralo and Dach Thundercry, the first friends I made during those initial couple of lonely days. To Kokomo Komo for keeping me company these last two nights up in Camp Dragonhead, and finally, to RPC's own Inessa for all the help she's given me, plus her part in our enormous pre-maintenance dance party!

Thanks to my FC for the event we had today! It was a lot of fun to play our characters in such interesting scenarios and I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt.

Thanks to Locke Rinannis for all the RP we have been doing, and for allowing me to pop your Skype RP cherry ;)

Thanks to the patrons of the Quicksand which has led to a surprising amount of AMAZING RP lately in my off times. As well as meeting new people!

And finally, thanks to the people on RPC I have organized RP events with and private RP connections for Lili and my alts!

Got to dabble with the Red Wings in the wee hours of the morning.

Playing dress up is fun. Think that says enough.:lol:

Thanks for letting me observe and even share a few comments on what looks like a grand adventure. ^_^

I got some screenshots to share later when I'm not goofing around at work. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Kudos to Sasha Rochester for being so pleasant in our RP  despite my scrubbery!

Hope I can redeem myself

Oh Sasha is just wonderful, isn't she? I've actually known her since we were back on Siren, we healed a very short-lived static together. 

So anyway, a big thank you to all of my new friends in the Quicksand, including Aya and a whole bunch of names I can't remember how to spell. Especially Tenha'a (who I just logged back in to spell-check), for introducing me. I have trouble approaching new people, and tonight would have been much less fun if you hadn't walked over and grabbed me. 

Also to Tallera, who was really uncomfortable around me and who I'm starting to suspect is a heretic! OOC of course :P

I didn't mention Aya's obvious Ishgardian accent around Ryoko, I really didn't make the connection to your forum posts, sorry ^_^

It was great to be introduced, thank you Tenha'a!  (the other three names, by the way, at least while I was there: Kiht, Kaiya, and Li!)

Just wanted to give big kudos to C'kayah and his FC, Tylwyth Narah, for helping the OOC leader of our FC (Morbolvine Clan) with a sort of surprise RP event. Through -no- fault of C'kayah and his FC mates, the RP did not go as planned, and characters ICly argued in circles longer than expected. However, we made it work, and even when the agreed-upon roll system we used to decide the outcome of a fight turned out to be a bit unfair for C'kayah and company, he let the outcome happen based on it. They were all good sports.

The situation really had no heroes or villains. Just two groups with conflicted interests, and both sides RPed fairly. While C'kayah and company ICly wore disguises to hide their identities, I OOCly know who done it, and I OOCly thank them for the RP. :lol:

Little shout out to the Agents for letting me barge into their bar and then take an active place in their own bar fight.

Was Berry smiling with sincerity? Freaky!

Also I have heard your warning from Oscare, so thank you for that.

All in all, a fun time that had some nice resolution (temporary?) after the argument.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't usual post here because RP is its own reward but I must make a special mention to Sounsyy for our 8 hour marathon relationship advice RP.

It has been a long time since I was so engaged and quite frankly enjoying myself so much that I went without sleep to continue the scene.

Kudos to you! I hope to see more of you!

Balmung number one... Hyperion is for neeeeerds @_@

Let's see, have a list here...

Thank you sooo much to Ezhara for all the work you do for the clan wiki page, organizing RP events, and finding various hooks to get multiple people involved. I'm so glad to be RPing your 'sister' :D

Kudos to Locke for some Skype RPs that helped keep me perked up when I needed it.

And kudos to the dovelings who came to our little event last night! :D

I just want to send out thanks and kudos to my friend and rp buddy Zhavi for coming back and working with me to set up a fun rp thread here to transition her back after her hiatus. It's a fun and exciting rp and looking forward to see where it goes and have enjoyed playing our baddie duo for some time and its nice to see it revived. :)

And thanks to those reading it. Always nice to see people appreciating the story.

• 2 weeks later...

<3s to Ruru for keeping me informed while I was gone, and always being encouraging even when I expressed doubt. He's one of the most staunchest rp buddies I've had, and I very much appreciate having someone like that I can talk to and scheme with -- it makes the rp more fulfilling for me. :)

I also wanted to give kudos to Goodfellow for sticking with me. Eight months ago, I sent him a pm. It was a shot in the dark; I'd never talked to him before. I've done this with many, many people. Some have stuck, and some haven't. When it comes to rp, you have to work with people on some level ooc, and your characters have to mesh ic. That means, a lot of the time, things don't work out. It happens; that's rp for you.

We planned a thread. It wasn't the first time. I've planned lots of threads with lots of people. In that month alone I must have sent out at least 10 pms to different people, all planning different things with the hope for a payoff that would give that burst of adrenaline and nerd chills that makes rp my most beloved vice and hobby. Some delivered, some didn't. We had a plot, we had a goal, and for eight months (excluding the two I needed to take a break) we wrote. Back and forth, never meeting in game, requiring more than a few backtracks to make sure that the rp we were writing on the forums didn't conflict with stuff going on in game. It was slow, and sometimes frustrating.

I am a forum whore. At any given time I am in 25+ different rp threads, with around 20 different characters. Some of those are fast, some of those are slow, but none have lasted as long with the number of posts as Innocence and Avarice.

As of this post, we reached the end of the initial plot set-up.

I initially reached out to him because of his character's time spent as Goodfellow. And this line --

Pay's handsome. Good fellow.

gave me those chills.

Kudos to Goodfellow, for being such a great writer to play opposite. I look forward to the ensuing chaos. :) Cheers, and here's to the thread that just won't die.

Thank you sooo much to Ezhara for all the work you do for the clan wiki page, organizing RP events, and finding various hooks to get multiple people involved. I'm so glad to be RPing your 'sister' :D

AHHH FFFT. I JUST SAW THIS AND NOW I'M A PUDDLE OF DYSFUNCTIONAL GOOP. 

But for real, I am going to abuse this for a moment. 

. . .And go in Alphabetical Order so you derps don't sob at me about love, rainbows, and sunshine. 

C'kyza Nunh

I don't really know what to say here, bro. You've put up with me soo much. Your character is glorious and wonderful to roleplay with. I enjoy his outlooks on life and watching as your character grows. You've always made an effort to attend the events I host and help me when I need you and that will always mean a lot to me. 

Phae'ra Nireath

I'm only a brat because you are. For the time I have known you, you've not only been wonderful to work with, but assisted me in creating stories and complication for our characters to push through. I'm always humbled when people take the type of interest in my character(s) that you have. Thank you. <3

R'shenn Tia

I'll be the first to admit I'm an incredibly picky person when it comes to allowing my characters to get anywhere close to romantic involvement. However, you've done nothing but support me on an OOC level. Your skills as a writer are amazing and I'd promote you as a person and as a storyteller to anyone I come across (and, well, I guess I'm doing that on a public forum sooooo. . .). For real, the depths, stories, and overall just amazing RP-ness (that's a term now, folks) is just . . . yes. So much time. So much fun.

Sylas Mcloserface Peregrine 

So this guy whispers me one day and he's like, "Yo so what's a storyteller?" . . .And I'm not going to lie. I thought he was a creeper creeping. BUT I WAS WRONG. I was so very wrong. I love this human. He's been nothing but kind to me. He's put up with my characters and attended my events. I love his tumblr. I loves him. Ahhh, yes. #Fangirling.

Xelra Jinkjahl

OKAY SO LIKE. . . THIS IS ANOTHER RANDOM GONE RIGHT. This chick messages me over the forums and she's all, "So like hi I want to play a sibling maybe?" And I'm sitting here like, "Oh gawds. Strangers." And I did thing thing where I like, copy-paste her name into google and I'm like, "WHO IS THIS PERSON. WHERE DOES SHE COME FROM?"  . . . Because that's the type of person I am. Scared and terrified of potential frightening people who wish to eat my soul with the ooc dramas. BUT I TOOK A LEAP OF FAITH. Best. Decision. Ever. This woman auuuugghhh. Yes. She's so supportive. She's a brilliant writer. I just. I can't. 

So I'm just going to like. . . stop adding names to this right now. I'll probably be back, because amazing people deserve recognition. BUT I AM SO HAPPY THIS THREAD EXISTS.

Spread the love.

Spread the happy.

Love, rainbows, and sunshine people. Whee!

-refuses to proof read. flees-

AHHH FFFT. I JUST SAW THIS AND NOW I'M A PUDDLE OF DYSFUNCTIONAL GOOP. 

But for real, I am going to abuse this for a moment. 

. . .And go in Alphabetical Order so you derps don't sob at me about love, rainbows, and sunshine. 

C'kyza Nunh

I don't really know what to say here, bro. You've put up with me soo much. Your character is glorious and wonderful to roleplay with. I enjoy his outlooks on life and watching as your character grows. You've always made an effort to attend the events I host and help me when I need you and that will always mean a lot to me. 

Phae'ra Nireath

I'm only a brat because you are. For the time I have known you, you've not only been wonderful to work with, but assisted me in creating stories and complication for our characters to push through. I'm always humbled when people take the type of interest in my character(s) that you have. Thank you. <3

R'shenn Tia

I'll be the first to admit I'm an incredibly picky person when it comes to allowing my characters to get anywhere close to romantic involvement. However, you've done nothing but support me on an OOC level. Your skills as a writer are amazing and I'd promote you as a person and as a storyteller to anyone I come across (and, well, I guess I'm doing that on a public forum sooooo. . .). For real, the depths, stories, and overall just amazing RP-ness (that's a term now, folks) is just . . . yes. So much time. So much fun.

Sylas Mcloserface Peregrine 

So this guy whispers me one day and he's like, "Yo so what's a storyteller?" . . .And I'm not going to lie. I thought he was a creeper creeping. BUT I WAS WRONG. I was so very wrong. I love this human. He's been nothing but kind to me. He's put up with my characters and attended my events. I love his tumblr. I loves him. Ahhh, yes. #Fangirling.

Xelra Jinkjahl

OKAY SO LIKE. . . THIS IS ANOTHER RANDOM GONE RIGHT. This chick messages me over the forums and she's all, "So like hi I want to play a sibling maybe?" And I'm sitting here like, "Oh gawds. Strangers." And I did thing thing where I like, copy-paste her name into google and I'm like, "WHO IS THIS PERSON. WHERE DOES SHE COME FROM?"  . . . Because that's the type of person I am. Scared and terrified of potential frightening people who wish to eat my soul with the ooc dramas. BUT I TOOK A LEAP OF FAITH. Best. Decision. Ever. This woman auuuugghhh. Yes. She's so supportive. She's a brilliant writer. I just. I can't. 

So I'm just going to like. . . stop adding names to this right now. I'll probably be back, because amazing people deserve recognition. BUT I AM SO HAPPY THIS THREAD EXISTS.

Spread the love.

Spread the happy.

Love, rainbows, and sunshine people. Whee!

-refuses to proof read. flees-

*rolls around cackling in her chair* BWAHAHAHA YOU JUST HAD TO OUT-DO ME YOU LITTLE BRAT! :love:

Huge love and all the Roehugs to Zarek Windsoul and his partner for a run through Amdapour Keep.

...which sounds plain and rote as hell, but consider this was my first real party action as a Warrior and my first dungeon run since I returned post-2.1. I had so many nerves and worries and was literally getting ill to the stomach, but Zarek and his friend made it comfortable and kept me at ease.

Never has an AK run meant more to me. Thank you thank you thank you. You have my axe! <3