3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in just a little over twenty minutes, everything is gone. Everything. Some folks even have multiples - watch the markets, because I'm pretty sure we can expect a few to go up for twice the initial price. I almost feel kinda bad for everyone that stayed up well into the night with hands in prayer and blood pressure through the roof just to come up empty.  

GG. 

But it's not like any of you didn't already know that was gonna happen, right?

Just saw a player shout that they're selling...16 houses...

...I can't.

I hate people like that, man. I also get salty at people who buy a bunch of houses for all their alts. like cmon, there are only so many houses, let everyone have fun. :/

So in just a little over twenty minutes, everything is gone. Everything. Some folks even have multiples - watch the markets, because I'm pretty sure we can expect a few to go up for twice the initial price. I almost feel kinda bad for everyone that stayed up well into the night with hands in prayer and blood pressure through the roof just to come up empty.  

GG. 

And with that I am likely leaving the game. This is so broken it is untrue.

Over 80% of the new housing taken by individuals.

...I can't.

I can say with 99% certainty that this is a troll.

GG. 

I 100% agree with this. The house I purchased was for my FC but when I saw all the red colors on the houses they were all personals.

Was a major design messup on SE's part with personal housing IMHO.

...I can't.

Highly unlikely. Probably a joke.

Unfortunately not. A FC by the name of DragonsKith bought most of the smalls in Beds and Goblet and have been selling them for 50 and 75 mil each.

So yes, the Housing Mafia struck again...

...I can't.

Unfortunately not. A FC by the name of DragonsKith bought most of the smalls in Beds and Goblet and have been selling them for 50 and 75 mil each.

I saw, though I doubt they actually have MOST of the smalls. Report them. Not like anyone would buy a small for that price anyway.

...I can't.

I saw, though I doubt they actually have MOST of the smalls. Report them. Not like anyone would buy a small for that price anyway.

Verify this kind of stuff before putting it here as gospel, please.

Bunch of folk said RareX went and did this and it was 100% a successful troll. Don't wanna repeat that.

Verify this kind of stuff before putting it here as gospel, please.

Bunch of folk said RareX went and did this and it was 100% a successful troll. Don't wanna repeat that.

Sure I'll get on it once the FC leader logs back in (I'm going to sleep forever though).

And for those interested:

Of the 240 plots in Lavender Beds, 44 were purchased by Free Companies.

Of the 240 plots in the Goblet, 57 were purchased by Free Companies.

Of the 240 plots in Mists, 50 were purchased by Free Companies.

151/720 new plots are owned by Free Companies. That's about 21%. Th-thanks, Square Enix...

I'm kinda glad I didn't move my main to Balmung and kept my personal Mist plot on Sarg. I was tempted to move back because I missed how active it was. Only alts for me there to occasionally silly RP with now. xD I feel like having a personal house is appealing to me..dunno why it is fun and it adds to the game. On balmung, it felt downright near impossible to me because farming ungodly amounts of gil was too much for me  (I work two pt jobs) Also...wow...Sarg STILL has plots up. xD Amazing.

Congratulations to the players and FCs here that got houses.

For those who may not have, I guess we'll look forwards to apartments and Ishgard housing when they come out. It'd stand that Ishgard will likely get as many wards as the other sections, simply to make the windows look the same. (Which of course means more shuffling around and possibly even more wards if expanded again)

This right here is why I bought my personal house 2 weeks ago. Everyone was all like "Oh why don't you wait for the patch?" etc etc. Well simply because, I now have a house and you dont. Haters8-) Although my FC missed out on one so I donated my personal for the FC. The very second that hammer and gavel displayed, people were there looking to buy it lol

I can't wait for the salt repeat when the Ishgard plots come out, are treated as the panacea to all woes, and they're gone in 20 minutes because why the fuck not make a 72 mill profit.

At least I'll be laughing.

I might be there with you.

If player housing is the -primary reason- someone's on FFXIV, it may be time to look at games that do housing better. Otherwise, there's always next patch, or the patch after that. SE should really just add housing deeds to the marketboard or something. At least then it won't have to flood the Party Finder.

GG. 

Not much of a surprise there. There are, after all, a lot more indivduals than Free Companies in the game - and most of them would want a house.

End result of this update: A few more people and FCs got a house than before, but nowhere near everyone who wanted one. I doubt anyone with half a brain truely expected anything else.

The first message I saw upon login after hours of maintenance was someone flipping houses for 75M. They weren't even subtle about it and reportedly someone bought them.

Not only should we report such behavior but people shouldn't yield and buy from the mafia either. I do hope the GMs are looking into this? It's bad enough to find home with a legit competition (by design there shouldn't be competition in the first place but alas).

People are able to GM those flagrantly looking to take advantage of the system, but there's not really any way to follow up on it, and even in the best case scenario (as unlikely as it is) those houses get defaulted, they'll be scooped up in minutes anyway.

This is sadly a problem that is going to snowball more and more as we move into more patches: There are more ways to get gil with every update, and nothing to really spend it on, so the number of players able to buy houses is only going to go up, not down. When housing first went live, and large mansions still went for nearly 100,000,000 gil, a lot of them sat empty because even as a legacy server, there just wasn't that much money in the system. Now, playing the game for a few months and doing your challenge logs and dailies will net you 4,000,000~ between patch cycles.

I'm sorry for anyone who stayed up and came away empty handed.

GG. 

Not much of a surprise there.  There are, after all, a lot more indivduals than Free Companies in the game - and most of them would want a house.

End result of this update:  A few more people and FCs got a house than before, but nowhere near everyone who wanted one. I doubt anyone with half a brain truely expected anything else.

Those who have some hope may have expected there to be enough for a chance for something. Sadly greed of players, and SE's intents to create this housing market leave me disheartened.

I can find this stuff in RL, I don't need to pay to be subjected to it in a game.