Kudos!

I want to express kudos to the following folks, as for the past two days I did what I thought was not possible and engaged in walk up rp and it was a ton of fun.

1) Valirelia Ferox - Loved meeting your character! Was a good way to get introduced to the Quicksand crowd.

2) Sorora Everen - Was awesome to meet you ICly finally. Loved playing along with your matchmaking scheme and getting to know you a bit more.

3) Floria Raine - Nya! So cute! I loved having Melodia pick the literal most random character walking in the door as Floria's "date". Made for some awkward hilarity and you were such a good sport.

4) Ninifae Nira - On the second day I just approached your character who I had never met and we had a fun rp. Taught me a good lesson about easy hooks to rp with. :)

Thank you all and look forward to meeting more folks as I wade into the rp further.

Another Jutat convert.. Guild RP like I remember it!

If you want that sort of thing, and you can find them, maybe you can join. If not just hire them to find you!

So the ten month long arc is finally complete!

I just feel the need to thank those who stuck with the story and participated through all that.

Osric, you were the first to jump into it, and where it ended up with the confrontation in the tunnels and his insight into Nero and words to Roen... man you sure can insert the right energy into certain scenes. Despite all my complaints to your face, I was happy to have you on board.

Crofte, thank you for taking the journey to the possible dark side in the arc. It was fascinating to see just how far she would go in the name of love and duty. Her relationship with Jameson, I think helped to humanize him too, even if just a little.

Gideon, I know I just pushed you into the plot, but the impeccable valet was a great addition! It was like a 3rd person's point of view in a way. Thank you for your patience and trusting me enough to throw you into the middle of the plot.

Finally Nero. This was your concept, your premise, from No Good Deed to What You Are In The Dark. I just had Roen go through the journey. She definitely came out of it worse for wear with a morality crisis to boot! But it was fun, intense, addicting, and moving for me. Thank you.

And there are LOTS of other people I should also thank, those who posted, participated, gave me feedback and such. But that list would be quite long. Thank you all though, this would not have been the same without all of you.

Gonna go now since this sounds like some award acceptance speech... -snort-

I want to say thank you to Eleni for an awesome rp session yesterday. Playing as a counselor is tough at times and sometimes curveballs come flying in from the characters, and Eleni was no different. I really had fun and want to say thank you for the time and the fun scene.

Also, to everyone who's been helping me explore this new role, thank you all so much. I look forward to more rp with Melodia and growing her network. :)

So, kudos to the IC WP Normal team of awesome at running away from huge ass tonberries, in-combat reactions, and amazing explorations!

Which means :

L'yhta Mahre

Eamont Desormeaux

K'ahne Tariq (WITH BONUS SOLDIERY TO BOOT!)

I'd also like to thank the following NPCs for providing us with amazing repartee.

Bronze Buzzard

Bronze Beetle

Tonberry

Tonberry Stalker

Keeper of Halidor

and last, but certainly not least

THE NOT DEAD, STILL BREATHING, BUT SLIGHTLY LESS RANCOROUS

TONBERRY KING

Thanks to Yvelont and Rivienne, two of the kindest and most wonderful of tall gazellezen around. Thank you for putting up with my delays, and for saving Kage from becoming a nest of Zizes' lunch. Safe journeys to the north <3

Here comes a few!

-Kudos to Tae & Co. from the Night Blades for literally scooping me up and taking me to a one and done T5 clear. My FCs been banging our heads against it and I only mentioned offhandedly that I wouldn't mind clearing it (as I'd pretty much assumed it would have to wait till post-Heavensward Roflstomping) and a short while later we were done.

-Kudos to that brave (and patient) Brayflox team that stuck with my level 32 self tanking it. One wipe on the boss before we cleared it (and two more times to boot). It was a nice boost to the sword-n-board confidence.

-Kudos to Steel Wolf & Delial Grimsong for being patient with me! I know I've been talking various RP stuffs for a few weeks and now that it's finally getting off the ground it's super exciting. Just the starting tidbits we've done has me itching for more!

Kudos to:

Domri for being a brotherly figure to bri

Warren for being an influence

Kei for keeping me company while I farm

Lottie for having fun with our ic rivalry

Nate for the drinking contests

Everyone for the fun spars

And anyone else I've interacted with since January.  ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Kudos to Zarek Windsoul, F.A.T.E. and the others who were operating and playing alongside a very awesome RP event these past few days and for including me in said event. This has had some excellent repercussions for Steel and her view of the Realm and its woes. It was a pivotal event for her, and precisely the sort of RP I was seeking when I arrived to this game.

And huge RoeHugs to Aris Frey for the delightful surprise in my mailbox. I've been trying to /whisper you for the past three days to thank you personally, but I hope you're reading this. Thank you so very much. <3

Kudos to Zarek Windsoul, F.A.T.E. and the others who were operating and playing alongside a very awesome RP event these past few days and for including me in said event.  This has had some excellent repercussions for Steel and her view of the Realm and its woes.  It was a pivotal event for her, and precisely the sort of RP I was seeking when I arrived to this game.

High praise, that! Thank you!

With that said, kudos to Steel Wolf, Delial Grimsong, and Mistalv Arroway. All three of you decided to come along and join our crazy little FC in this story arc I pitched at you and helped with so very much behind the scenes from proofreading to offering ideas/suggestions and even listening to me ramble and vent due to the many stresses that sometimes come along with the elaborate art of cat herding that is called 'scheduling group RP events'.

In character, all of you brought something special to the mix and I'm really looking forward to seeing not just how the story effects all three of those fierce characters, but how these beginnings of different connections play out. You were amazing, thank you again.

/bow

It is utterly inexcusable that I've forgotten until today, but a shout-out is due for Clio, Franz, and Franz's buddy Lho'a who came out on Monday and kicked the crap out of Chao for me. Getting to cross steel with actual people was far more fun than just doing another backstory text dump into her history.

Kudos to Trixie of Open RP, Kahn'a, Osric and Mikh'a as well as Spahro and Pripy and Kia.

Yall helped me in some way or form in getting punchcats.

Thank you. Made a most-likely-all-Sunday thing into a 2 hour thing.

• 2 weeks later...

So... Never written one of these before. Been meaning to. Here goes.

First, thankyou to my FC. You make getting home from work and logging on an absolute delight, making me smile even when i've had the cruddiest of days. There's rarely ever a dull moment, and our antics on TS make me smile. So thanks. I could not ever ask for a better group of friends.

To D'lyhhia Lhuil - You're awesome. I know i'm not the easiest person to speak to or get to know, due to me throwing down the hatches and locking the world out. But you've been there, and persevered. It's been lovely sharing our respective RP-nonsense through Skype, and it makes me smile when you message me. Also, your art is amazing, woman. Keep it up. <3

My static. Crazy though you guys are, it's been a good long run, and we've had varying successes over the last while. Thankyou for some stress-free, fun and laughter based raiding. The reason i look forward to friday nights.

To Carina Hlaiwa - For sending me many asks on Tumblr to keep me occupied, and striking conversation. It's been a delight in getting to talk to you, and i hope we can chitchat for a good while to come! You having read my things and offer your thoughts on it really made me smile. So thanks, Missy. You rock.

Those who follow me on Tumblr - You make me smile. All the hilarious posts, wonderful pieces of writing and pretty screenshots. Every ask and message i get in my inbox is something else fun to do, and i don't regret making one for a second.

Everyone who has ever approached me ICly for a walk up! It's been a blast to RP with you, and get the myriad or reactions from Bexy that i have.

To Max - I know you probably won't read this, you derp.... But...

Since i got to know you? Days have sucked less. You've been there for me through the hardest year of my life i've ever had to know. Through every down day, and every moment where i've just wanted to vanish and block the world out, you've been my rock. I don't think i'd still be about if it weren't for you, and... Ugh.

Words are hard, okay? Just... Thankyou.

And finally, thank to you guys! It's a wonderful feeling, being part of Balmung. And it would not be so, if it weren't for you folk.

~Bexy <3

Stormwind and Rhianna - You two come as a matched set. You are my partners in crime. Playing FFXIV with you two has been a blast. We've been through a lot, raiding, RP, pretty much everything this game can throw at us, we've tackled together, and it has been such a rewarding experience. This plot we pulled off has been crazy, and you both deserve credit for how awesome you have been, and continue to be. We are nakama. Our kokoros doki doki as one uguuuuu~

Menelwen - Thank you for all of your help over the last year. You've been an absolute joy to play with. You've done so much for us, and I hope we have been able to give in kind. Menelwen's angle was one of my favorite aspects of this plot. You killed it. You've proven a great friend, and I absolutely love RPing with you. Which we should do more of, BTW.

Vash - Do you even post here anymore? Well, anyway, I love the dynamic between Vash and Dogberry, and the end of this plot has really fleshed out a lot between our characters. Vash is infuriating and yet likable at the same time, which is something that it hard for a lot of people to RP.

Xenedra - It's been what, nine years since Canta Per Me? I can't believe it. You've been a joy to RP with over these years, and our many escapades are legendary, at least in my mind. From Bahamut attacking Jeuno, to the Alternate Timeline, The Ghost Whale, and The Great Escape, it's been a complete blast.

Castus - You seriously have the craziest stories, but beyond that, I like how Dogberry and Castus play off each other. Still more, I think Iskierka and Castus probably have the better dynamic, both being devoted voidsent exterminators. I'm looking forward to helping you get the new FC off the ground.

Bryn - Our RP has impacted Dogberry profoundly. The chemistry between Bryn and Dog is palpable, and you bring it to life so well. From the actual RP, to sharing songs on youtube in our off time, I'm always delighted and deeply amused at the things you come up with.

To all above, and many more unnamed - More than RP partners, I consider you all true and valued friends.

• 4 weeks later...

What a fantastic idea for a thread! Now that I know it's here I'll be a regular poster!

I've only been active in the RP community for a few months now and I've already got more kudos than I can dish out at once. So, I'll just start with a few!

The big guys & gals in the Broken Chairs LS — my very first active contact with the greater RP community in FFxiv! You people are great: so friendly, supportive, inclusive, and hilarious. I've loved the daily OOC chatter and support! The roes of the Broken Chairs LS truly feel like a merry band of friends no matter what FC they/we belong to. I love it!

Brave Horizon — for making me feel welcome ICly and OOCly when I showed up to my first greater RPC event on Moengeim (Bacchus shots at the Wanderer's Lantern some time ago). Starting out in a new RP community can be a little nerve-wracking — even for shameless extroverts like me! So, I really appreciate that.

Reshie — for being the first to give me some forum love for my art. Again, making a newbie who hardly knows anyone in the RPC community feel welcomed!

Ceana Clarke & Rinn Sterling — for investing in the personal story of my big guy, Sylbfohc, early on. And, for artfully dangling hooks from their individual personal storylines for me to take hold of as well. The mutual laying down of narrative breadcrumbs to follow. AGAIN, has made me feel welcome in a new RP community. :3

That's where I'll leave it for now!

• 1 month later...

I want to say a HUGE thank you and kudos to the following folks for helping me with Melodia. RP'ing has been tough with her and I was almost positive I would be hanging it up with her if not for the following people over the past few days: 

Nebula Stardancer: Thank you thank you thank you! So much help from one of the most open rp'ers in the server. Mel and Nebula were able to rp in game for hours and even included an IC dungeon as a way to address Mel's memory loss. I was in tears at one point because the rp was powerful and I realized how much I cared about my own character. So thank you again. Always a great friend.

Archim Kimaro: The first time I had the chance to RP with him and was really a lot of fun. His banter with Freya had me laughing amid all the heavy stuff going on so was much appreciated.

Freya Felis: I have chatted with Freya so much OOCly but never ICly so it was a treat to see this character live. She's funny and loved watching her drive Archim crazy with her ideas.

Vetiver Kaji: She's been a great help and friend for Mel, allowing Melodia a shoulder to cry on when she felt so lost. She's been great to rp with and glad she was able to be patient with me for RL stuff delaying rp.

I'd been meaning to post here sooner but here we go! Kudos folks!

Ameline Valtin: I haven't said it in a while but thank you for all the RP and just fun adventures you provided Mar! It is always a blast interacting with Ameline whether it's lighthearted or serious and I appreciate not only all that but your patience with me all along the way as well! Thank you again, I'm looking forward to more adventures in the future!

Evangeline Primrose: Thank you for all the fun RP not just in the Fate-14 events but leading up to and around it as well. I've thoroughly enjoyed Mar and Eva's playful back and forth and to be totally selfish, I've met a lot of characters and been able to expand on Mar's RP itself because of it. Many thanks!

Roen Deneith: While I didn't know what to expect from our RP initially, it was a great trip through feels-land! I'm looking forward to much and more of the same in one way or another in the future. And thanks for fielding my silly nooblet wiki questions too. W-day is coming, please look forward to it!

Steel Wolf: Whether it's RP, bouncing ideas around, just general OOC shenanigans, or the rant of the week thanks for listening, helping, and overall just being a great pal. Tis so very appreciated. :D Almost time for raid-fu!

• 3 weeks later...

Kudos and RoeSnugs to Martiallais and his band of merry friends whom I didn't remember to write their names down because I'm an idiot for carrying my sorry fat ass helping me clear all four floors of Alex NM last night. I had almost no idea what the hell I was doing, but things synergized and moved along like a greasy pig riding a Slip n' Slide down the hill.

I want to say thank you to Stalwart Bear of the Harbingers of Dawn FC....last night was a very hard night for me and was feeling very down and I was just emoting to Momodi in the QS trying to have Mel drink her sorrows away and he was so kind, indulging my rp and we had a very nice ic chat which lifted my spirits. Kept Mel from getting drunk and she made a new friend, I think. Was something I needed. So kudos...if he's not on the site...someone from the FC please relay my thanks.

So, I haven't really RPed with anyone in a long time, and mostly that's my fault. 

But I'd like to give some Kudos to those people who are super understanding of my current situation and don't look badly on me for being a stick in the mud. Especially my RP partner, because he's been the most helpful SOB ever. 

I'd also like to throw some Kudos his way because I know he's going through some stuff himself, and I'm proud to call him friend. 

That kudos goes to anyone who is struggling or going through some things but still takes the time to be kind, courteous, and friendly with people. Some days, I know it's difficult. But I think it helps having people to talk to.

Kudos to Mikh'a Korofi and Siha Xinkei for staying strong and tackling the daunting (hue) task of reorganizing and revitalizing our Free Company. You two make this shit seem easy, despite everything you've got going on, and there are no words with which to adequately express my respect and appreciation for you both. I'll be doing everything I can to help out as we move forward, and I thank you for remaining patient with me.

Kudos to the RPC Site Staff for sitting down with me of their own free will (pffffhahahahaha, nah, I made them sign the devil's own contract) and bashing our heads against a wall on what sometimes feels like a daily basis until something that may, in another life, resemble sanity leaks out our collective brains to puddle into something that may or may not be a consensus. You guys rock.

Kudos to Berrod Armstrong for never turning down an opportunity to tear into each other's guts and bash each other's brains out roleplay monk-things, whether the scene in question is a high-stakes spar or a not-so-simple chat about DESTRUCTION and MORALITY and RESPONSIBILITY.

Kudos to Evangeline Primrose for her role as my giggle-cackling partner-in-crime as we hammer out what is arguably the best farcical court martial to have ever gone down in FFXIV RP. After all, TODAY. IT'S TODAY. F**** IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE.

Kudos to Askier Mergrey for giving me a few more gray hairs. No, thank you, I'll pass on the toast. The jam too, yes. What's that? You have more headaches and trauma for my characters and I? You want me to sign on the dotted line? Ignore the fine print, you say...? Well, you are devilishly handsome, so how could I say no? Sold.

Kudos to Tiergan Vashir & Co. for inviting me along on their Fashion Farm of Final Coil. I'm glad to have finally experienced post-T11 content, even if it was unsynced. I had loads of fun, and walked away with what might've been more than my fair share of shinies. Thank you, all!

Last but not least, kudos to the Tentative Allies Linkshell for never ceasing to amaze me.