Compliments Galore! Compliment The Poster Above You!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading the wiki for Kellach here and I came across something that made me laugh:

While before, he was just a hunky, beefy farm boy fresh off the boat, it wasn't long before it dawned on him that on Eorzea, he could be anything he wanted.

And what he wanted to be was fabulous.

That stuff right there? Amazing

• 2 weeks later...

Kudos to Desmond for RP'ing what I presume to be a challenging character. A crime inspector would be a thing that would require a lot of coordination from a lot of people in-game, and if he does so effectively and enjoyably, then he deserves the Roehugs.

It is a crime that Steel went this long without someone complimenting the player or the character. Aside from the usual flowery praise, it's neat that despite the availability droughts and the difficulties of an off-kilter RL shift that Steel's stuck it out and remains a part of the community. A lot of other flakier, muffinier people would have just bounced or quit by now.

Just because of the chat yesterday, props to Warren for carrying the Grindstone on his shoulder for this long, having the gall of even randomly promote the event in uncalled for situations! Thanks for him and his fellow overseers that it got this big. *nod*

I find it hard to swallow that people aren't able to respond with compliments for Leanne. I have never met the character, but she sounds like the sort of thing I need in my sphere.

Also her wiki is super-clean and a mastery of proper brevity. Teach me how, sensei!

Steel is hands down one of my favorite players and Roes! But I've said all that before, instead I'll say if you're able, you should totally poke them for RP either on the forum or ingame. :)

She's one of the most fun and genuine characters I've had the pleasure of hanging out/fighting/causing trouble with. :D

Mother characters over 35 who still go around kicking ass and having a life outside of family is something not seen often enough in fantasy (though it is changing...slowly). Kudos to you for playing outside of the box, and doing it with grace and style.

As being a fresh face to this site once more, all I can honestly say is that Selarian looks pretty cool with the glasses. Other than that, he seems like someone I could hang out with in town and have a laugh or five.

When it comes to building characters, my preferences tend to be for building them up as a whole person: elements that make sense, starting from when the character was young and moving up. I mean, that's how people form, and characters are supposed to be people, right? But, people are rarely predictable, and so a dash here and there of something discordant, something a little off or that doesn't quite fit expectations, is what makes a character both believable and interesting to me.

After creeping your wiki, I can happily say that you're right on target for the things I believe make for good characters and good rp. Job well done. And this line:

humane character development and growth. Modest characters, lasting and creative plots

makes for extra cool points from me.

When it comes to building characters, my preferences tend to be for building them up as a whole person: elements that make sense, starting from when the character was young and moving up.  I mean, that's how people form, and characters are supposed to be people, right?  But, people are rarely predictable, and so a dash here and there of something discordant, something a little off or that doesn't quite fit expectations, is what makes a character both believable and interesting to me.

After creeping your wiki, I can happily say that you're right on target for the things I believe make for good characters and good rp.  Job well done.  And this line:

humane character development and growth. Modest characters, lasting and creative plots

makes for extra cool points from me.

As ever, Zhavi makes good on her ever epic friendliness! creep on mine if you want!

I can't believe it has been a week and no one has had anything nice to say about Scaith. I have been seeing you around a lot lately really trying to integrate with teh community. You are a really welcome addition to the server and to the RPC as a whole. Cheers to you!

Well for Scaith.. they are active on 3 servers!

Selarian, a one man crafting ninja machine.. like all the sets and stuff for many folks. Must be some strange OCD thing ;)

• 4 weeks later...

*punches the thread awake*

Complacency is death, y'all!!

Aherm. Anyway...I already spoke to desmond's character concept and how much I admire it. But I just realized that they are also a member of Hugs and Cake. Which just piles on more awesome points.

C'mon people, now/Smile on your brother...