"I've always wanted to meet you!"

So, I can say that I've been really lucky to get rp with alot of folks here, many of whom I get to speak with on a daily basis as newfound friends. Bless Roen and Jara for putting up with my crap. I won't generate a list of folks I'd like to rp with cause it would be really, really long.

I will, however mention the 1st person that made that list because she prolly isn't aware that she's the reason I'm on the rpc and Balmung in the first place.

So, back when 2.0 launched I was eagerly trying to get my hands on the game, not so fresh off of the shutdown of City of Heroes and a poor showing from swtor, I did a search for "Final Fantasy XIV unofficial roleplay server". 

What I got back wasn't one post, but several, on multiple forums I think from Alothia Starkwood directing people to Balmung and having the RPC linked in her sig.

So that's my story of the first person to make their way onto my list. Short and simple I know, but a year later I still havent been able to catch her, elusive lady that one. :thumbsup:

(Forgive any typos, typing on tablet with auto correct nazi turned off.)

*blushes* You are too kind! I'm glad you came to Balmung, and I'm glad you stuck around as long as you have! Please hit me up in game if you get the chance. I'm almost always happy to meet new people! :love:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to see there are people interested in meeting L'yhta (or anyone else from the Tower, for that matter :) ). I'm going to try to spend more time in RP hotspots, I promise! I need to figure out how to justify her being at the Quicksand -- perhaps she's spending an extended amount of time at the Ossuary's library, for instance. If you see me about anywhere, though, feel free to strike up a conversation.

As for who I'd like to meet? Just about anyone, frankly, but I like RPing with miqo'te with other perspectives (and not just for the conflict :P ). I'd also like to trade more than a few quick words with Clio, Erik, and Nathan. L'yhta and Merri could have a lot to talk about, too, and Melodia or Evangeline and she could have some interesting conversations on city-state politics.

Funny enough, I've never actually RPed with any of the mods... :)

There are a feeeew people on my list. If I don't mention you, don't be afraid to message me anyway! I'm certain you'd be a joy to roleplay with, too.

RPC citizens I have yet to roleplay with (and feel would character-clash well)

Sounsyy

Zhavi

Chachan

Fina

Edgar

Alothia

L'yhta

People I'd like to roleplay with more

Makyn

Cliodhna

Kurt

Quki

U'zhan

(and more to come!)

I'm terrible at multi-quoting for effectiveness but ANYONE who wants to meet the The Dauntless can feel free to poke me (or I'll just come for yo-cough) and I'll see what I can do! I'm not the most interesting member by far but I'd be happy to introduce you to those others. :D

Everyone. c:

Also Alothia. -Sob-

I'm about ready to just say screw it and teach Mak how to read herself! I swear, tracking down people Alothia knows is a pain in the butt! ♥

<3

Makyn's on my list too!  He wandered off just as Aya was introducing herself last night!

I'm sorrryyy (-stares at Y'lani-) ;w; We need to RP, then!

Makyn's on my list too!  He wandered off just as Aya was introducing herself last night!

I'm sorrryyy (-stares at Y'lani-) ;w; We need to RP, then!

You're the one who said it was all right to head to bed!

To stay on topic:

I also think it'd be neat to roleplay with Franz and Tiergan. M-Maybe I'll give in and just say everybody. There are so many amazing roleplayers here! :cactuar:

I'd genuinely like to roleplay with everyone. Put it this way - I've been lurking this site for a year now and can't think of anyone I wouldn't want to meet. Not just the regulars but also the quieter folk. Yeah you. Y'all seem incredibly sweet and have wonderful characters too.

*Adds "Ameline Valtin" onto everyone's list and runs away*

aren't we also supposed to RP?

Sorry, late to the game! But yes, I do believe so! I've been in a little bit of an RP rut lately, but I'm trying to get back into things! Ame will come bother Franz again next time she sees him c:

I'm terrible at multi-quoting for effectiveness but ANYONE who wants to meet the The Dauntless can feel free to poke me (or I'll just come for yo-cough) and I'll see what I can do! I'm not the most interesting member by far but I'd be happy to introduce you to those others. :D

Too bad you guys do not accept new members.

Those who mentioned me (omg ; ; ), I will say: life will find a way. Maybe at the coughgrindstonecoughthisweekcough.

People I still really want to RP with on Osric but haven't:

Oscare

Sounsyy

L'yhta

Melodia

Chachanji proper

Crisiet

Yvelont

...and more than I can remember off the top of my head, including many folks I've only barely RP'd with. <3 you all.

???

I'm not entirely sure where this misinformation is coming from. It's taken us about a month to hammer out the details (FC theme, mission statement, IC history, IC and OoC recruitment and screening procedures) and to land on our feet (made new FC, leveled it to rank 6, got a house, finalized our emblem, etc), yes, and for story reasons we started out with only four characters in the company, yes, but that doesn't mean we weren't, aren't, or won't take on new members. We're open, especially now that our in-game FC RP is live and moving. Hell, I've gotten at least three PMs re: membership, countless pokes re: details, and two folks to get back to ASAP now that the dust has settled (FC/LS page coming soon).

Apologies for side-tracking the thread for a bit, but this misconception has been going around and it needed addressing.

Those who mentioned me (omg ; ; ), I will say: life will find a way. Maybe at the coughgrindstonecoughthisweekcough.

Oscare

Sounsyy

L'yhta

Melodia

Chachanji proper

Crisiet

Yvelont

...and more than I can remember off the top of my head, including many folks I've only barely RP'd with. <3 you all.

???

I'm not entirely sure where this misinformation is coming from. It's taken us about a month to hammer out the details (FC theme, mission statement, IC history, IC and OoC recruitment and screening procedures) and to land on our feet (made new FC, leveled it to rank 6, got a house, finalized our emblem, etc), yes, and for story reasons we started out with only four characters in the company, yes,  but that doesn't mean we weren't, aren't, or won't take on new members. We're open, especially now that our in-game FC RP is live and moving. Hell, I've gotten at least three PMs re: membership, countless pokes re: details, and two folks to get back to ASAP now that the dust has settled (FC/LS page coming soon).

Apologies for side-tracking the thread for a bit, but this misconception has been going around and it needed addressing.

Oh cool! Sorry, I had asked before and was told you were not taking members. I will poke you sometime in-game about joining on an alt :D

Queen Freyjalen (I hope I did not butcher that) because I am very curious about her backstory.

Oscare because......... yes. Broody dark skinned highlanders are my bag.

Rivienne because unreasonably attractive elezen are also my bag. Good gracious.

Brynhilde is so fascinating but I have only had the pleasure of interacting with her a handful of times.

One of these days, I will actually bump into a C'kayah.

There are so many rad people who have put up with my inconsistent schedules lately and I wish I could RP with all of you some more. Trying to get back into the game! Bless u all, my dear friends.

Ton of people I'd like too but have almost zero in time game to do so.

But...

Gharen Wolfsong would be one.

C'kayah would be another.

Need more time with Warren.

Verad.

Berrod

All of Kiht's and Maia's FCs....

and many more.

But I'd just like to have chances to rp when I can lol

It's nice to see there are people interested in meeting L'yhta (or anyone else from the Tower, for that matter :) ). I'm going to try to spend more time in RP hotspots, I promise! I need to figure out how to justify her being at the Quicksand -- perhaps she's spending an extended amount of time at the Ossuary's library, for instance. If you see me about anywhere, though, feel free to strike up a conversation.

As for who I'd like to meet? Just about anyone, frankly, but I like RPing with miqo'te with other perspectives (and not just for the conflict :P ). I'd also like to trade more than a few quick words with Clio, Erik, and Nathan. L'yhta and Merri could have a lot to talk about, too, and Melodia or Evangeline and she could have some interesting conversations on city-state politics.

Funny enough, I've never actually RPed with any of the mods... :)

any time you see me chatting over tavern ls; i'm not doing anything important, just hit me up for some chitchat....or we can run into eachother at the above mentioned hotspots...such as the little ladies day event at hidden falls that JUST started that i'll be going to. ;3

Folks I would like to meet IC:

MakynAlothia

L'hyta

Y'lani

Lots more, but these are the ones who stand out a bit at this particular moment whom I know are on the RPC.

Folks I would like to RP with more:

Steel Wolf

Y'lani

The other jerks in the Night Blades who are jerks

Lots more, and this post will be edited when I think of them.

It's been said quite a bit already, but, people. All you people. I like meeting people. I'm just really, really bad at scheduling things some times. ; ;

L'yhta and Merri could have a lot to talk about

This can happen. :>

--Snip--

This can also happen~

Definitely know a few others who I owe RP to after quite some time. I'm looking at you, Gegenji. I'm so sorry that never got off the ground. ; ;

And Ciel. We still need to get around to those letters.

Definitely know a few others who I owe RP to after quite some time. I'm looking at you, Gegenji. I'm so sorry that never got off the ground. ;  ;

Ah, no worries. I ended up just using the Ironworks for that particular plot, so no harm no foul there. :blush:

Melodia

Someone finally mentioned me on their own.....

*squees happily and runs around like a giddy schoolkid*

Ton of people I'd like too but have almost zero in time game to do so.

All of Kiht's and Maia's FCs....

and many more.

But I'd just like to have chances to rp when I can lol

Reading that just made my day. Now I get to run home and tell my FC dearies how famous they are for getting a mention from a person on the RPC! (I hope you won't mind me adding a few embellishments, like a fog machine and laser light show.)

It's also nice to see, in reading others' comments, that many people share the desire to RP with All Of The People, but just have too busy and restricted of schedules to do so. (Yay for not being alone!)

Franz and Kurt want to RP with me! Yay! :D

It's not that I'm shy. I just feel intimidated by many of the RPC RPers. Like, I was super intimidated when I first RPed with Berrod. Super intimidated whenever I RP with Faye and Val. Super intimidated super intimidated!!

Then, I feel like an annoying little idiot when I ask someone to RP... because I tend to ask over and over again! ; ;

Franz and Kurt want to RP with me! Yay! :D

It's not that I'm shy. I just feel intimidated by many of the RPC RPers. Like, I was super intimidated when I first RPed with Berrod. Super intimidated whenever I RP with Faye and Val. Super intimidated super intimidated!!

Then, I feel like an annoying little idiot when I ask someone to RP... because I tend to ask over and over again! ; ;

You are /never/ annoying. Ever. Only a never-ending fountain of positivity!

I wish our schedules matched up more :